Quick question about single vs dual rads

Let's say the h80i and h100i. How much of a temp difference is there? I don't want to super overlock my CPU, just don't want it to overheat. If a Coolermaster EVO can cool fine, I guess a single rad is enough; right?

with no OC 80i is good, possibly a little oc, but on full load with time core 0 will reach near 70

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

yeah my 3570k oc to 4.5ghz on a 80i i hit about 73c folding at home full load

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Let's say the h80i and h100i. How much of a temp difference is there? I don't want to super overlock my CPU, just don't want it to overheat. If a Coolermaster EVO can cool fine, I guess a single rad is enough; right?

Whats your budget?? Are you looking for only water cooling or would you mind going with air cooling?

Sticking with water cooling. It's just I may want to do a really small itx build instead thus requiring the h80i instead of a h100i.

yeah my 3570k oc to 4.5ghz on a 80i i hit about 73c folding at home full load

So it's safe to get a h80i?

The H80i is good if you're not going to be doing extreme overclocks. With moderate overclocks, you're going to be fine.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I wouldn't recommend it. It you have the space the H100i is better or maybe a H105.

Quote me to get a reply!

Every water cooler will be enough if you are not OCing.

Intel Core i5 3570K@4.5GHz | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 2*TEAM 8GB DDR3-1600@CL9-9-9-27 | Inno3D GTX 660 HerculeZ 2000s@1200MHz Core 6600MHz Memory | Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Antec Kühler H2O 620 | Antec HCG-620 | CoolerMaster Elite 371

Acer Iconia W700: Intel Core i5 3337U | 4GB DDR3 | 120GB SSD | 11.6" 1080p Display

H80i will be fine. There is only about a 5 Celsius decrease in temperatures with the H100i.

My Current Build: 

Intel i5 3570K @ 4.4GHz 1.11V, Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO, Asrock Z77 Extreme4, Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600MHz, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, Asus GTX 760 DCII Overclocked, Corsair CX600M

i think it was Linus's testing that showed the H80i 13° hotter than the H100i (using NF-F12)