"The request failed due to fatal device hardware error" when trying to initialize disk.

Sir Lags A Lot

So the disk im using is a WD Blue M.2 1TB non nvme drive. I currently have to use a Usb to m.2 adapter to sorta of use the drive. I can't use it in the either of my m.2 slot on my mobo as no windows install will boot, even install media. I don't know why. But the disk needs to be initialized. When I try to do so, I get "The request failed due to fatal device error". The drivers for the adapter are up to date. I tried to use disk part to try and clean the reformat the drive but I get an error, event viewer shows the error, "VDS fails to write boot code on a disk during clean operation. Error code: 800701E3@02070008". I can't find anything helpful anywhere else, so I came here.

7 minutes ago, The Apocalyptic Gamer said:

I currently have to use a Usb to m.2 adapter to sorta of use the drive.

Why?

7 minutes ago, The Apocalyptic Gamer said:

I can't use it in the either of my m.2 slot on my mobo as no windows install will boot, even install media.

Where did you get your "install media" from?

8 minutes ago, The Apocalyptic Gamer said:

The drivers for the adapter are up to date.

How are the drivers UTD is there is no windows?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

Why?

Where did you get your "install media" from?

How are the drivers UTD is there is no windows?

-Ok, if I try to boot with the m.2 drive installed, no windows install will work, i dont know why but it wont. It will do a load wheel for a second or two then go to a black screen. With the install media it's purple. The windows install im using currently and install media will work just fine if the m.2 drive is not installed.

-The media is from the windows site.

-Im using another drive with a working windows install.

1 minute ago, The Apocalyptic Gamer said:

-Ok, if I try to boot with the m.2 drive installed, no windows install will work, i dont know why but it wont. It will do a load wheel for a second or two then go to a black screen. With the install media it's purple. The windows install im using currently and install media will work just fine if the m.2 drive is not installed.

-The media is from the windows site.

-Im using another drive with a working windows install.

Sounds like a bad drive

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

So pretty sure I figured out the problem. The the adapter is nvme protocol only, while the ssd is a sata protocol.