widget.png?style=banner2

PC: 13900K, 32GB Trident Z5, AORUS 7900 XTX, 2TB SN850X, 1TB MP600, Win 11

NAS: Xeon W-2195, 64GB ECC, 180TB Storage, 1660 Ti, TrueNAS Scale

I feel dirty after watching that beginning b-roll 😛

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, jrhaberland said:

Maybe for his next build update, people can donate to the WAN Show to pay for his upgrades :3

Next time on LTT:

Luke get's a $20k PC upgrade!!!!!

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

F's the the chat for the CPUs that sacrificed their pins so that the 5950X may live.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

@3:00

"Let's turn it off because it really smells"

Clearly turns the switch to the "ON" position.

I remember watching them put that together too!

Dunno how it could so disgustingly dirty lol, their building must be quite dusty!

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

I always thought Luke was a dirty person, this confirms it.

"And I'll be damned if I let myself trip from a lesser man's ledge"

It's great that you guys can throw hardware together from spare, unused old inventory - stuff doesn't get thrown out, hardware gets to live that little bit longer and money gets saved. Happy that Luke gets to rock some better horsepower.

Funny enough, the board you pulled out is probably NEWER than what I am still using right now. I jumped on X99 at launch and got a good sample 5960X (with a spare mobo and CPU just in case). My goal was to have a long-term build, and while it is showing it's age, it doesn't "feel" any bit slow. I could use a GPU upgrade of course, but that's another story.

Maybe when my system hits the 10 year mark (which is only four more years away) I'll have a ceremony where I decommission the rig I have right now and replace it with new hardware. Yeah, if Linus wants to do a video on that I'm all in. Fingers crossed in four more years I'll be able to get my hands on some new high-end graphics cards too LOL

BTW: Dust filters DO work. I have custom filters that I did myself on a CaseLabs S8 along with sound deadening foam. My rig has been running 24/7 for years and they hold back a crap ton of the stuff. Looking inside you get to see some dust after that many years, but nothing like the dust that gets stuck on the filters on the outside. I also knocked out the large acrylic side window and replaced that with some black material as well - plays nicely with the RGB lighting I have :old-grin:

IMG_0639[1].JPG

I'm confused why, when they have a silver/gray/purple theme going on, Linus says "Oh wait maybe we shouldn't use the Founders 2080 ti," which is silver, and then replaces it with a card that's gold instead.

I mean the Titan is a better card but if the goal was to match the a e s t h e t i c better it makes no sense to me. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 3/22/2021 at 1:44 AM, Middcore said:

I'm confused why, when they have a silver/gray/purple theme going on, Linus says "Oh wait maybe we shouldn't use the Founders 2080 ti," which is silver, and then replaces it with a card that's gold instead.

I mean the Titan is a better card but if the goal was to match the a e s t h e t i c better it makes no sense to me. 

Didn't he say in the video that it was their last 2080 ti and that they couldn't give it to him because they might need it to run comparison tests at a later point in time? At least that's how I understood it...

All in all cool video, really sad that those two don't do more vids together anymore. I mean I understand the reason with Floatplane and all, but still, they have pretty good chemistry on-screen. (And Luke's lough is just the best) Well at least they still do the WAN show weekly 🙂

Edited by XWAUForceflow

8 hours ago, XWAUForceflow said:

Didn't he say in the video that it was their last 2080 ti and that they couldn't give it to him because they might need it to run comparison tests at a later point in time? At least that's how I understood it...

Perhaps I misunderstood, your version would make more sense.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16