New laptop no Drive found while installing windows

xxx68

Hello, i bought a new laptopt without OS. I am trying to install windows. The problem is that after i fill in serial number no drive is found. So i tried diskpart through command prompt but all it found was my usb flashdrive. Is SSD in my laptop dead ? However I can see SSD in bios in "storage" section. Thanks

IMG_20210319_161705.jpg

IMG_20210319_174916.jpg

you have to go to windows taskbar and search up managing storage or something and create a new particion

Well I cant go to windows taskbar if I cannot even install windows 😄

3 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

Hello, i bought a new laptopt without OS. I am trying to install windows. The problem is that after i fill in serial number no drive is found. So i tried diskpart through command prompt but all it found was my usb flashdrive. Is SSD in my laptop dead ? However I can see SSD in bios in "storage" section. Thanks

IMG_20210319_161705.jpg

IMG_20210319_174916.jpg

uhh bro, is this brand new, just asking, btw, use a Windows PE to make a letter for the SSD, and then install windows

I can't answer everything but I will try my best to give solutions depending on what I experienced in troubleshooting

understand my mistakes and please correct me too 🙂.

Just now, briangwapo81 said:

uhh bro, is this brand new, just asking, btw, use a Windows PE to make a letter for the SSD, and then install windows

bcuz, idunno bro, its like a weird thing that you can't see the drive in the OS, till you manage to put a letter on the drive, and use Hiren its ez and small enough to fit in a 2gB thumb drive

I can't answer everything but I will try my best to give solutions depending on what I experienced in troubleshooting

1 minute ago, xxx68 said:

yes laptop is brand new

try to use hiren as your windows PE, and try to assign a letter on a drive in disk manager, and check if in the win installer if it works
Hiren Boot CD DL link:https://www.hirensbootcd.org/files/HBCD_PE_x64.iso

Could try live booting a linux distro and get the drive. I've had this issue before where the ssd is either in a non supported format or can't get initialized due to a weird formatting issue. Just create a fat32, fat or ntfs partition on it with a live linux usb and all should be good.

4 hours ago, jaslion said:

Could try live booting a linux distro and get the drive. I've had this issue before where the ssd is either in a non supported format or can't get initialized due to a weird formatting issue. Just create a fat32, fat or ntfs partition on it with a live linux usb and all should be good.

Thanks for the answer. So i tried to create linuxmint bootable drive and inside linux I could see the drive but couldnt use it .So I did format the drive to FAT and then it was usable in linux. However its still not visible during windows install.

14 minutes ago, xxx68 said:

Thanks for the answer. So i tried to create linuxmint bootable drive and inside linux I could see the drive but couldnt use it .So I did format the drive to FAT and then it was usable in linux. However its still not visible during windows install.

Might wanna remake that windows stick with the official windows usb installer.

• 2 weeks later...

hello  .... i think you need a storage driver....

i just went through this with a new 11th den intel HP Laptop

what solved my problem was getting storage drivers added to my usb install disk.

i got the storage driver from HP,

extracted the downloaded file to its own folder, ( key being right click and choose "extract")

copied that folder to my USB install thumb drive,

then start over trying to install windows...

when you get to your drive selection,  and you dont see it....click load driver,

navigate to the driver and select it and click ok,

( for HP the driver was in a older called "F6" )

drive is now seen, and windows loads.....

my problem is i dont get a choice of OS, i want pro, but no choice

was listed when installing windows,

thats what i an searching for now, but thought i had an answer to yuor problem

Thomas