Intel Will Have A Xe HPG GPU "Scavenger Hunt" Going Live on March 26

Random_Person1234
Go to solution Solved by tylrwong,

Summary

During the GDC 2021 Showcase, Intel teased their Xe HPG GPUs in a video. Within the video were two cryptic puzzles, as of this moment only one of them has been cracked. The cracked binary puzzle translates to an IP of 35.160.237.208. This IP leads to the website xehpg.intel.com. On the webpage it says a Xe HPG Scavenger Hunt will launch on March 26. This will be three days after Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger's webcast, where we may learn more about what this actually means. This may also mean an earlier launch for Xe HPG than expected.

The two puzzles (the one in red square is unsolved):

Spoiler

Intel-Xe-HPG-Teaser.jpg

Quotes

Wccftechianr @duckofdeath was the first one to crack the code as they correctly realized that the decimal translation of the binary code was actually an IP (35.160.237.208) that led to the Xe HPG scavenger site. The IP is the result of only the binary puzzle though so it could mean that additional information still remains locked in the alphanumeric sequence. If anyone else solves that we will update this article pronto.

If the alphanumeric sequence is seperate then it could mean a lot of things. The 79.07 could be the TDP, the 31W could be referring to the launch date (or 31 week of 2021) which when decoded results in "August 2 2021" (hat tip to Videocardz for looking up the week). It could also mean something else entirely - because we are not sure as we said.

The message says that the Hunt will begin on March 26th at 9 AM PST. This is 3 days after Intel’s CEO Pat Gelsinger webcast. It is likely that we might hear more about the Xe-HPG Scavenger Hunt during this webcast. It is also possible that the codes will be shown during the webcast, so stay tuned and you might actually be able to find something.

It is unclear why is Intel announcing the Scavenger Hunt right now, whether this indicates that the launch of new DG2 GPUs is actually closer than previously believed.

My thoughts

I'm now imagining gamers fighting for a GPU in the middle of nowhere using the "skills" they have "learned" from gaming. With what's been going on recently, it's going to end up in the hands of a scalper.

Sources

https://wccftech.com/intels-mystery-clue-cracked-xe-hpg-scavenger-hunt-going-live-on-26th-march-2021/

https://videocardz.com/newz/intel-xe-hpg-scavenger-hunt-to-start-on-march-26th

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh

Thought:

79.0731W is part of a latitude and longitude coordinate point, and the second video will show the N value.

That will then lead to a location, which will do...?

EDIT:
Why does this start at 11 PM for me 😠
And on the last day before Spring Break, too...

Intel, why not at 6 PM PST or something?

elephants

The red box one looks reminisce of the Dewey Decimal Classification used by libraries. 

Though I’m most probably incorrect. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

If they launch it over Easter that would be Xe Lent