Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

3D Animation/Gaming/Streaming Build Request

1. Budget & Location

USA, Under $3,500 ( But open to hearing more pricey options)

2. Aim

Rendering/3D Animation/Editing/Gaming/Livestreaming

3. Monitors

2 atm though possibly might use 3 down the line. 1080p/120hz (though hope to upgrade one monitor to 4k down the line)

4. Peripherals

No need, already have most of that stuff.

5. Why are you upgrading?

I built my very first pc a few years ago but it was a medium budget build. I wish to take my skills to the next level and acquire the equipment to do so.
Many thanks!


Edit: Many thanks for all the replies I'll be sure to look through all of them!

Link to post
Share on other sites

With a budget that high you could afford almost everything lol. Anyway here is what i think should be great for you and still has room for minor upgrades or get a brand new monitor 
 

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/gtrb68

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  ($449.00 @ Best Buy) 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler  ($109.95 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($190.00 @ Walmart) 
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z Neo 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory  ($208.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ B&H) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($144.99 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair iCUE 465X RGB ATX Mid Tower Case  ($154.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 1000 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($284.99 @ Amazon) 
Case Fan: Corsair LL120 43.25 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack  ($125.99 @ Best Buy) 
Custom: RTX 3080  ($699.00)
Total: $2442.89
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-18 13:57 EDT-0400


You could get a watercooling system for the CPU for extra cooling, but i still personnally prefer air cooling since it doesn't have much difference and it feels more secure and durable than watercooling.
I added the GPU manually, if you want to buy right now the prices are quite too high and i wouldnt advice buying from scalpers, but with the budget room you have left, and you are desesperate to get your hand on a new GPU, well its your own choice and feel free to do as you please.
If anyone has better recommendations, feel free to do.

 

CPU Intel Core i7 9700F GPU Galax RTX 3070 EX (1 Click OC) Motherboard : Asrock B365M Pro4 CPU Cooler : be quiet! Dark Rock 4 RAM : (2x8) 16Gb Kingston HyperX Predator 2666mhz SSD : PNY CS2130 1 TB M.2-2280 PSU : Corsair RM 650 (2019) 80+ Gold Fully modular Case : Empire Gaming Diamond Monitor : ACER EG240YPbipx - 23,8" - IPS - 2ms - 165Hz  Keyboard : Motospeed CK61 / Spirit of gamer XK500 Mouse : LOCX GXT133 Heaphone : Sony WH-1000X M3 Headphone

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, lee32uk said:

How is that relevant ? The op is doing more than gaming.

i mentioned intel thats why he need to get intel then for more then gaming 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I figured I'd chim in.

This is my first post on these forums so bare with me lol

 

I do the same work. Graphic design using photoshop, 3d design for printing and CAD design also. Of course gaming and its technically our TV in the living room :)

 

I recently built a new PC and my specs are similar to these bellow. Only thing I don't have is the video card. (because of the shortage of course) So I'm still running my old GTX 670.

 

Keep in mind you don't need a 1000W power supply, unless you plan to SLI video cards. 

The price of the graphics card in this list is not showing, but I think it is around 999$ US retail for the ROG 3080 and 1099$ for the OC version.

 

Good Luck!

 

Duke

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($152.07 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($424.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Best Buy) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing) 
Case Fan: Antec Prizm 5+C 45.03 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  ($77.81 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VG279Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($289.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VG279Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($289.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2172.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-18 19:17 EDT-0400

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, shahidwali3211 said:

i mentioned intel thats why he need to get intel then for more then gaming 

Isn’t Ryzen better than Intel in almost all multithreaded tasks tho? 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, TheDuke77 said:

Ok so I figured I'd chim in.

This is my first post on these forums so bare with me lol

 

I do the same work. Graphic design using photoshop, 3d design for printing and CAD design also. Of course gaming and its technically our TV in the living room 🙂

 

I recently built a new PC and my specs are similar to these bellow. Only thing I don't have is the video card. (because of the shortage of course) So I'm still running my old GTX 670.

 

Keep in mind you don't need a 1000W power supply, unless you plan to SLI video cards. 

The price of the graphics card in this list is not showing, but I think it is around 999$ US retail for the ROG 3080 and 1099$ for the OC version.

 

Good Luck!

 

Duke

 

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor 
CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i RGB PLATINUM 97 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($152.07 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming ATX AM4 Motherboard  ($424.95 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory  ($214.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive  ($319.99 @ Amazon) 
Video Card: Asus GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB STRIX GAMING OC Video Card 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($94.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Platinum 850 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($169.99 @ Best Buy) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit  ($139.88 @ Other World Computing) 
Case Fan: Antec Prizm 5+C 45.03 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack  ($77.81 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VG279Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($289.00 @ Amazon) 
Monitor: Asus VG279Q 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor  ($289.00 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2172.67
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-18 19:17 EDT-0400

Not that bad, but that CPU cooler is pretty “meh” for the price. There are much better options for cheaper (Arctic Freezer 280/360 for example) 

That motherboard is...expensive. Any good B550 will do a great job (B550 tomahawk, B550-F Gaming, Aroruos Pro) At that pricepoint just get a Crosshair 8 hero. Lastly, while that’s a good SSD, seems a bit overkill and overpriced for what he’s doing.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, shahidwali3211 said:

i mentioned intel thats why he need to get intel then for more then gaming 

If the software he is using can make use of multiple cores then a Ryzen cpu will destroy any of the current Intel LGA1200 cpu's. Also the builds in that link are terrible anyway. The $2200 build has a locked i9 and an RTX 3060.

Winter is Coming.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Downkey said:

Not that bad, but that CPU cooler is pretty “meh” for the price. There are much better options for cheaper (Arctic Freezer 280/360 for example) 

That motherboard is...expensive. Any good B550 will do a great job (B550 tomahawk, B550-F Gaming, Aroruos Pro) At that pricepoint just get a Crosshair 8 hero. Lastly, while that’s a good SSD, seems a bit overkill and overpriced for what he’s doing.

Personally I didnt purchase that cooler. I went with Antec. I wasnt able to find mine, so i chose that. didn't pay much attention lol

As for the motherboard. The B550 is PCIe 3.0 while the x570 is PCIe 4.0. I agree it adds to the price. The B550 is a great option also at nearly half the price.

For the HDD, I can use files up to 2GB depending what im working on. plus add games. Personally this is something he can change as he see's fit. But I noticed others putting 2 drives. I guess 2 -1TB drives if you want to do raid. Which is not a bad idea considering having important artwork. (I use a NAS on raid in the basement lol)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheDuke77 said:

Personally I didnt purchase that cooler. I went with Antec. I wasnt able to find mine, so i chose that. didn't pay much attention lol

As for the motherboard. The B550 is PCIe 3.0 while the x570 is PCIe 4.0. I agree it adds to the price. The B550 is a great option also at nearly half the price.

For the HDD, I can use files up to 2GB depending what im working on. plus add games. Personally this is something he can change as he see's fit. But I noticed others putting 2 drives. I guess 2 -1TB drives if you want to do raid. Which is not a bad idea considering having important artwork. (I use a NAS on raid in the basement lol)

 

 

B550 supports PCIE 4.0. 

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shahidwali3211 said:

i mentioned intel thats why he need to get intel then for more then gaming 

thats a horrible thing to say

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×