Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upgrading to new RAM, suggestions

Go to solution Solved by DBells94,

8gb 1600 mhz should be good enough i like corsair ram but its a matter of personal preference

Is there a difference in getting 1 or 2 sticks?

also yeah 2 sticks say 4gbx2 will work at double channel and give better performance

So I've upgraded all of my PC except for the RAM. There's a lot of 'em and I don't know what's good. There's timings, there's 1333, 1866 and other numbers. Not sure what's worth the money. I've got 4GB ram right now. I'm replacing to 8 gigs, not adding.

you have 8gb and 1600mhz? if so you dont need to upgrade :)

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

If your adding more sticks, I would recommend getting the same sticks or ones with similar timings, voltages and latency.

you have 8gb and 1600mhz? if so you dont need to upgrade :)

He has 4GB 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

He has 4GB 

then the usually cheap Crucial DDR3 BallistiX Sport 1600MHz and you are good to go

Proud Member of the Glorious PC Master Race

Doesn't make much of a difference. Just get the cheapest ddr3 kit available.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

8gb 1600 mhz should be good enough i like corsair ram but its a matter of personal preference

also yeah 2 sticks say 4gbx2 will work at double channel and give better performance

"I've been mad for fucking years, absolutely years, I've been over the edge for yonks..."

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us are...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."

"There is no dark side of the moon really. Matter of fact it's all dark."

Get a nice 1600 or 1866 kit that you like the looks of.

Main rig on profile

Zephyrus - Windows 7 side rig

Spoiler

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T (undervolted to 1.26v w/ CM 212 EVO), 1x8GB ADATA XPG V1.0 (1600MHz CL9), Asus M4A77TD, 240GB Kingston UV400, 1TB Toshiba 2.5", EVGA GTX 960 SC, Enthoo Pro, Corsair CX750M, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Mac Mini (Late 2014)

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 4278U, 8GB RAM, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO, macOS 12.1 Monterey, using it with a ViewSonic VX2748

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X 1TB, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 2TB

Alright, guess I've got lots to choose from, there's some flashy looking ones. B)  Thanks guys.