Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bohemia rules out Arma 3 on consoles

Johners

Czech developer Bohemia does have PS4 and Xbox One developer kits, but Arma 3 won't be asapted for them.

Project leader Joris-Jan Van T' has dismissed Arma 3 for the consoles. "I personally really like consoles so I would love to see it on there, but for Arma 3, from the start it was developed as PC only, and it wouldn't do it justice - there wouldn't be an easy port to console. You'd really have to redesign stuff like how the camera works, and the interface, so for Arma 3 that's out of the scope. For something that is next, it is becoming much more likely to be multiplatform."

The team also tried to port Arma 2 to the Xbox 360 but it couldn't be done. For the next two years, the 50 to 70 person team will be focusing on Arma 3.

Article Here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-03-24-bohemia-rules-out-consoles-for-arma-3

Everytime I hit my funny bone unexpectedly it's like my own personal Pearl Harbour.

Don't call it a grave, it's the future you chose.

Project JAPC Build Log

Two words....

Master Race....

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Not surprised. If they can't get the game optimized well on the PC in the first place then there was no way it would ever happen on consoles.

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

It would probably run 30 fps on low settings 720p

[Minnesota Rig: AMD 5600X | ASRock X370 Taichi | Patriot 4400MHz 16GB | Crossfire Vapor-X R9 290s | 970 Evo | EVGA 1300W G2 | S340 Elite | Kraken X60 | Win 10]

[Chile Rig: AMD FX-9590 | Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | G.Skill 16GB 2400MHz | MSI RX 480 | Intel + Samsung SSDs | CM 240mm AiO | EVGA 1000 P2 | Win 10]

[Laptop: HP Elitebook 745 G3 | AMD A12-8800B | Radeon R7 | 16GB DDR3 | Samsung 960 Evo | Intel 7265 | Qualcomm 4G LTE | 1920x1080 14.1"| Win 10]

Well it still pretty much is a single-threaded game I can't imagine consoles in the future any time soon

The engine is horrible on pc. 

Not surprised. If they can't get the game optimized well on the PC in the first place then there was no way it would ever happen on consoles.

thats not the problem, its the fact that you cant just port it to consoles in 1, 2 ,3...

they would just make it look like shit, console babies are already used to it

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Basically saying "Console can't handle our game". It's not really that greatly done on PC either, so the console would be a definite no go.

Was never interested in Arma anyways.

specs in profile, video production manager for KuruHS

Wait, I'm sorry, let me get this straight:

This wasn't a given?

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

I love Arma and I love my PS4 (even though no games :P ) but even the controls would have to be completely overhauled, you use most of the keyboard when playing Arma I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller. Then there's the obvious performance issues which hurt us all :(

Intel i7 3770k, Maximus V Formula, 32GB G.Skill 1600MHz RAM, ASUS DCUII GTX 670

Maybe, Just..

Intel Core i7 4770K | Gigabyte R9 290 OC 4GB Windforce Edition | MSI Z87-G45 Gaming Mobo

Noctua NF-S12A FLX 120 + 140mm Fans | Corsair H100i CPU Cooler | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB SSD | BitFenix Ghost Case

Seagate Barracuda 2TB | Corsair RM-850 PSU | G. Skill Sniper 16GB (4x4GB) | AOC G2460PQU 144Hz Monitor

i can see bohemia porting there other games like take on helicopters and take on mars

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I love Arma and I love my PS4 (even though no games :P ) but even the controls would have to be completely overhauled, you use most of the keyboard when playing Arma I couldn't imagine playing it with a controller. Then there's the obvious performance issues which hurt us all :(

How to play Arma on controller... dont play infantry. ;)

Arma 3 on consoles...that's just asking for a bad looking game that runs terribly. 

COMIC SANS

I mean, high end PC's struggle with it lol

I've had no trouble running it.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Consoles wouldn't have been able to run the game in the first place. A lot of PCs can't even run it well the way it is now.

Case: Corsair Vengeance C70 Gunmetal Black CPU: i7-4770k Cooler: Corsair H100i RAM: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Pro GPU: ASUS Direct CUII 770 MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Hero PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G2

At least there is a reason why the game runs poorly. It's a simulation game so there is a lot that the engine has to calculate when anything goes on. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

maxed out? my PC can run it fine but with a lot of the settings turned down

Try multiplayer. With >50 players. The trouble will come fast.

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

Try multiplayer. With >50 players. The trouble will come fast.

I have done that, still no trouble.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

Arma has a horribly unoptimized engine, they put a lot of work on a single cpu instead of spreading it throughout all the cores.