Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fake arctic MX-4?!!

Hey peeps,

I recently upgraded my cpu cooler to an AIO and bought MX-4 thermal compound.

After awhile, I scanned the "Scan & Win" qr code on the back of the thermal compound case and it redirected me to arctic site and said my product is a counterfeit!

Can this damage my pc in anyway?!

note: "my thermals are really good even with this counterfeit paste"

Thanks
馃檪

From what you've said, thermals are OK so..... I don't believe you have an issue to worry over with the paste itself.
Can you post a pic of the tube of TIM you have?

20 minutes ago, Beerzerker said:

From what you've said, thermals are OK so..... I don't believe you have an issue to worry over with the paste itself.
Can you post a pic of the tube of TIM you have?

IMG_20210318_133831.jpg

IMG_20210318_133742.jpg

48 minutes ago, Meeena said:

After awhile, I scanned the "Scan & Win" qr code on the back of the thermal compound case and it redirected me to arctic site and said my product is a counterfeit!

you should follow up with the retailer (where did you buy this from?) and with arctic customer service, have your proof of purchase on hand. I'm sure if there's a large distributor handling illegitimate product they'd like to know about it.

If there's a mixup and it is legitimate, they might provide you with a new QR code.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k (won) - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Kill Trident Z RGB - Force MP500 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black聽(with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G2 650W - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

Linux Proliant ML150 G6:

Dual Xeon X5560 - 24GB ECC DDR3 - GTX 750 TI - old Seagate 1.5TB HDD聽- Dark moded Ubuntu (and Win7, cuz why not)

How many watts do I need?Seasonic Focus thread,聽Userbenchmark (Et al.) is trash explained, PSU misconceptions, protections explained,聽group reg is bad

That seems like a lot of work to counterfeit some thermal paste.聽 Probably just the site, or the contest was closed.聽 If you follow the links you'll find contact info.聽

24 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

you should follow up with the retailer (where did you buy this from?) and with arctic customer service, have your proof of purchase on hand. I'm sure if there's a large distributor handling illegitimate product they'd like to know about it.

If there's a mixup and it is legitimate, they might provide you with a new QR code.

I bought it from a local computer store here in Egypt so I don't think they even care if it's legitimate or not. I'll contact arctic just to be sure. thanks

3 minutes ago, Heliian said:

That seems like a lot of work to counterfeit some thermal paste.聽 Probably just the site, or the contest was closed.聽 If you follow the links you'll find contact info.聽

the draw is still open but I don't really care about it I just was curious xD but I'll contact Arctic anyways. thanks 馃檪

-> Moved to Cooling

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

What have you done so far ?

8 bought the same product from Hardware Market and when I contacted them they claimed that's a general problem but doesn't mean that the product isn't genuine.聽