Can't adjust brightness on Acer Laptop...this is embarassing

minwin0630

So this is a follow up for this thread: 

Basically, I was trying to fix a wonky brightness bug on my laptop, and to do so, I went to the Device Manager > Display Adapters > and disabled my integrated graphics adapter for a few seconds, and then re-enabled it. This seemed to work, as the bug didn't seem to be happening anymore.

image.png.d699daaf979b6141ea7901fa2de45b4e.png

But now I can't adjust the brightness at all. Using the brightness adjustment keys has no effect, BUT if I set the brightness slider to a certain value and then restart the computer, it will boot up with the brightness I selected before shutting down, idk if that helps.

Someone please help, I just want to be able to adjust my brightness again.

I know Sony used to do this, they would only allow you to change certain settings through their bloatware, and if you didn't install it, no change for you!

Perhaps Acer is the same?

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

9 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I know Sony used to do this, they would only allow you to change certain settings through their bloatware, and if you didn't install it, no change for you!

Perhaps Acer is the same?

Alright, funnily enough, I had already shut down and turned my computer a couple times to try and fix it, but this time, I tried clicking the "restart" button and the problem fixed itself! Only took 5 restarts...

Thanks for the help though

Your problem is that you bought "Acer"... been burnt pretty bad by that company, never bought anything "Acer" again...

1 hour ago, The_Geek said:

Your problem is that you bought "Acer"... been burnt pretty bad by that company, never bought anything "Acer" again...

Haha I've had this laptop for 4 years now and haven't really had any problems with it except for the weird brightness thing, so luckily that hasn't been my experience.

From what I've seen, Acer is really good for budget/bang-for-your-buck machines as opposed to like high-quality pricey stuff. The laptop I'm using was 579.99 and came with a 7th-gen i5 and a Geforce 940MX as well as 8GB RAM and 256 GB SSD, an absurd amount of storage for that price point at the time. Definitely not the prettiest-looking machine though lol but it's got power where it counts