Pc parts from Aliexpress

Aicc
Go to solution Solved by WillLTT,
3 minutes ago, Aicc said:

So I'm thinking about building a pc with ryzen 5 3600 and it costs about 200€ for me and I'm on a tight budget so I found a ryzen 5 3600 CPU for 156€ on Aliexpress and with a lot of good reviews. Should I spend more or take the cheaper option? Or should I just go with ryzen 5 2600 170€ or ryzen 3 3100 175€. I'm gonna use this pc for gaming and content creation. 

I would go for brand new, because with ali-express, you probably get piss poor shipping, and no warranty cpu that arrives broken in box

So I'm thinking about building a pc with ryzen 5 3600 and it costs about 200€ for me and I'm on a tight budget so I found a ryzen 5 3600 CPU for 156€ on Aliexpress and with a lot of good reviews. Should I spend more or take the cheaper option? Or should I just go with ryzen 5 2600 170€ or ryzen 3 3100 175€. I'm gonna use this pc for gaming and content creation. 

No. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

I would go for brand new, because with ali-express, you probably get piss poor shipping, and no warranty cpu that arrives broken in box

Yeah why not, if you have no problems waiting up to 2 months for it to arrive, plus the customs.

Just remember to play safe when you buy something from marketplace.

Good ratings and reviews are the key.

Look up the sellers reputation / items sold.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

5 minutes ago, Aicc said:

Would check the 10400f. if its under 150 euros, worth considering. 

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

Good ratings and reviews are the key.

Look up the sellers reputation / items sold.

Both can be faked.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

As someone else said, if you can wait like 1.5-2 months why not? But be careful with customs, there will be added VAT on top, calculated from the original value of the item bought (although this can be changed, there are ways, it is obviously illegal as you're tax evading). 

Budget Gamer at heart.

Just now, WillLTT said:

piss poor shipping, and no warranty cpu that arrives broken in box

You can change the shipping if you like and you can claim buyers protection if it doesn't arrive as promised. I've done that, got the money back, and the product for free (don't have to return it)! Just remember not to process the transaction before testing.

3 minutes ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

Both can be faked.

Again, buyers protection will cover this. You can't fake hundreds of reviews, aliexpress will eventually ban you.

Ryzen 5700g @ 4.4ghz all cores | Asrock B550M Steel Legend | 3060 | 2x 16gb Micron E 2666 @ 4200mhz cl16 | 500gb WD SN750 | 12 TB HDD | Deepcool Gammax 400 w/ 2 delta 4000rpm push pull | Antec Neo Eco Zen 500w

1 minute ago, SupaKomputa said:

You can change the shipping if you like and you can claim buyers protection if it doesn't arrive as promised. I've done that, got the money back, and the product for free (don't have to return it)! Just remember not to process the transaction before testing.

Again, buyers protection will cover this. You can't fake hundreds of reviews, aliexpress will eventually ban you.

It's aliexpress we're talking about, here. They might eventually get down to it, but under the right circumstances, ehhh. 

1 minute ago, Brok3n But who cares? said:

It's aliexpress we're talking about, here. They might eventually get down to it, but under the right circumstances, ehhh. 

You're being prejudice, have you ever buy something from there?

I've been shopping there from Aliexpress for almost 10 years. Some had problems, but it's all cleared, mostly human error, nothing vicious.

I've imported goods in bulk from Alibaba, most of my vendors are very nice, they even gave me extra as a bonus, plus free samples, before you even buy it.

All marketplace are the same, have some nasty people, but mostly just honest people try to make a living.

there no paypal ether so the good old enter your visa card number... but i been scammed on ebay, ammazon, so dose it really mater were you buy form?

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Things to note:

• Warranty. You need to check how manufacturers deal with warranty in your country. If they accept international warranty, then you could go with importer/local office instead of sending stuff back to retailer.
  • Tax and customs. You seem to be in EU. Most of the sellers on Aliexpress are in Hong Kong or mainland China. Anything coming to EU outside of ETA (European Trade Agreement) will be taxed to VAT and eligible for import duties. You need to check with you countries border control on what the limits are, and they might even have calculators for estimating extra costs.
    • Trying to go around this is criminal offense (fraud).

Overall, not something I would think with more expensive stuff. Usually you get things easier and cheapers by just buying locally.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

• 1 month later...

I would not suggest buying a 200$/euro ryzen of aliexpress check reddit as there are enough horror stories of people getting scammed. and loosing all their money

-------------------------------------------------------------------
@LogicalDrm

Regarding warranty and VAT there are a few things to note

---------------

There is warranty though it is hard to enforce, if the item does not have the ALIANZ banner.

you do need to know a bit of the seller regulations in order to enforce it or get support to help you.

--------------

For VAT, this is only the case if it is shipped from china, since in the EU there is free trade, meaning no VAT will be added. {though this will potentially change after 1 July 2021, as the Vat rules will change}.

Avoiding Vat on china packages itself is not a Federal crime, though you do have to the VAT/import fee's to get the item.

asking the seller to put a lower value on the item is not allowed [even according to the Aliexpress regulations]. but if the seller does this without you knowing you cannot be held accountable for it.

---------------------

More info regarding what i mean:

from the aliexpress seller regulations: {please note text is google translated, some things could have gotten lost in translation)

https://sell.aliexpress.com/zh/__pc/rule_detail.htm?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.2ffa3e5f41eSuB

Regarding vat/Value added tax/import cost

Spoiler

Section 7 Logistics

Article 37 Delivery logistics method

(1) Based on the logistics policy of the platform, the seller can independently choose the logistics service used for delivery, including but not limited to the online logistics service provider of Cainiao platform, Cainiao Wuyou logistics or other offline logistics methods. However, if there are special regulations for shipping platforms to some countries, the seller shall follow the regulations. Regardless of whether the seller chooses online or offline logistics services, the seller should accurately and comprehensively disclose the relevant information about the logistics service to the buyer, including but not limited to the logistics service fee charged by the seller to the buyer, and the offline logistics designated by the seller Additional logistics fees (such as logistics service fees, tariffs, VAT, etc.) that the service provider charges the buyer. If the seller fails to accurately disclose the relevant information of the logistics service to the buyer in accordance with the aforementioned regulations and the buyer initiates a dispute, the buyer has the right to cancel the transaction, and the seller shall bear the full cost of the failure to truthfully inform.

(2) If the buyer chooses the logistics method by himself, the logistics method selected by the seller for delivery must be the relevant logistics method selected by the buyer. Without the consent of the buyer, the logistics method shall not be changed without reason.

Regarding warranty:

https://sell.aliexpress.com/zh/__pc/g0l7YE6wNx.htm?spm=5261.8113681.0.0.279270faWyAKbl

Spoiler

Article 9 Obligations of the seller

9.2 compliance platform user agreement, this agreement, China, goods destined to and \ or other applicable law and regulations, especially laws and regulations, the quality of goods, intellectual property rights and consumer protection aspects, including, but not limited to, in accordance with the relevant EU According to national laws, buyers in EU countries who purchase your products will be provided with a period of 14 days or a longer period from the date of receipt of the product (if there are multiple products in the order, from the date of receipt of the last product) . Reasons for return service, product warranty service for 2 years or longer in accordance with local laws. When performing the above-mentioned 2- year product warranty service, the seller knows and shall bear the freight paid by the buyer for the repaired goods in accordance with the law, and at the same time, it is possible that the goods with defective quality may be returned and refunded in accordance with the law.

------------------

STATUTORY RIGHTS FOR EU CONSUMERS

https://sale.aliexpress.com/nl/__pc/QnoLFBVfqY.htm

------------------

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
╠═════════════╬═══════════════════════════════════════════╣
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

2 hours ago, darknessblade said:

For VAT, this is only the case if it is shipped from china, since in the EU there is free trade, meaning no VAT will be added. {though this will potentially change after 1 July 2021, as the Vat rules will change}.

Avoiding Vat on china packages itself is not a Federal crime, though you do have to the VAT/import fee's to get the item.

asking the seller to put a lower value on the item is not allowed [even according to the Aliexpress regulations]. but if the seller does this without you knowing you cannot be held accountable for it.

Let me clarify things here. First, the legality of trying to avoid paying for VAT. Buyer is always responsible. You may not be prosecuted over it,
but if you try to pay for just what seller has declared as value and they find out that it should be more, buyer is still eligible for fines.

Second, the VAT and customs are still per country. Here customs says its only VAT for computer parts from China/HK. Customs fees are for stuff we have competitive domestic industry.

And third, anything sold retail and my point about warranty stands. If items are sold secondhand, then your point will be better.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

4 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

Let me clarify things here. First, the legality of trying to avoid paying for VAT. Buyer is always responsible. You may not be prosecuted over it,
but if you try to pay for just what seller has declared as value and they find out that it should be more, buyer is still eligible for fines.

Second, the VAT and customs are still per country. Here customs says its only VAT for computer parts from China/HK. Customs fees are for stuff we have competitive domestic industry.

And third, anything sold retail and my point about warranty stands. If items are sold secondhand, then your point will be better.

Regarding Vat:

if you reject the package there is no need to pay any import fee's, or vat at all, i have not even seen a single report of someone in the EU, having to pay a fine for rejecting a package, due not paying any Vat fee's.

Not forgetting Customs does know that sellers are the one putting on a lower value on the item. 

Buying on aliexpress up to 1-July-2021 is VAT/Tax free due eu regulations for Vat-free tariffs up to 22 euro.

even items above 22 euro often pass trough customs without issue, mainly due customs not having enough staff to check every single item for the actual value. and often take enough with the declared value that is on the label

-----------------

As for warranty:

even if it is sold new or 2nd hand, sellers still have to abide to regulations in country's they sell/are selling to.

Which is clearly stated in the Very seller regulations i posted.

The reason warranty is hard to get/enforce is due the lack of understanding off aliexpress support.

That is why you need a basic knowledge of the aliexpress seller regulations to get them to enforce it.

examples from reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/kcvstn/do_i_need_to_confront_the_seller_for_warranty_or/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/ki1bna/seller_telling_1_year_warranty/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aliexpress/comments/i14q34/bought_a_vacuum_for_200_after_2_months_it_stopped/

----------------

╔═════════════╦═══════════════════════════════════════════╗
║__________________║ hardware_____________________________________________________ ║
║ cpu ______________║ ryzen 9 5900x_________________________________________________ ║
║ GPU______________║ ASUS strix LC RX6800xt______________________________________ _║
║ motherboard_______ ║ asus crosshair formulla VIII______________________________________║
║ memory___________║ CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ______________________________________║
║ SSD______________║ Samsung 980 PRO 1TB_________________________________________ ║
║ PSU______________║ Corsair RM850x 850W _______________________ __________________║
║ CPU cooler _______ ║ Be Quiet be quiet! PURE LOOP 360mm ____________________________║
║ Case_____________ ║ Thermaltake Core X71 __________________________________________║
║ HDD_____________ ║ 2TB and 6TB HDD ____________________________________________║
║ Front IO__________   ║ LG blu-ray drive & 3.5" card reader, [trough a 5.25 to 3.5 bay]__________║
║ OS_______________ ║ Windows 10 PRO______________________________________________║
╚═════════════╩═══════════════════════════════════════════╝

1 hour ago, darknessblade said:

Regarding Vat:

if you reject the package there is no need to pay any import fee's, or vat at all, i have not even seen a single report of someone in the EU, having to pay a fine for rejecting a package, due not paying any Vat fee's.

Not forgetting Customs does know that sellers are the one putting on a lower value on the item. 

Buying on aliexpress up to 1-July-2021 is VAT/Tax free due eu regulations for Vat-free tariffs up to 22 euro.

even items above 22 euro often pass trough customs without issue, mainly due customs not having enough staff to check every single item for the actual value. and often take enough with the declared value that is on the label

You are tip-toeing around a bit. Ofc if you reject things are different. But then you have to fight with seller to get money back. Also, we are talking about items which are for sure over the 22e gift limit.

I don't know how things work where you are, but here customs is blocking all items coming from China that are claimed to be gifts. Source: me sorting them for couple of hours during one work day at postal package center.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 3/17/2021 at 12:34 PM, LogicalDrm said:

• Tax and customs. You seem to be in EU. Most of the sellers on Aliexpress are in Hong Kong or mainland China. Anything coming to EU outside of ETA (European Trade Agreement) will be taxed to VAT and eligible for import duties. You need to check with you countries border control on what the limits are, and they might even have calculators for estimating extra costs.
    • Trying to go around this is criminal offense (fraud).

aliexpress packages almost do always weird travels to get around taxes

besides most of the sellers in china don't really care what they do declare, even because most of the dogane in the ue is a joke

it does easily pass all type of stuff, they seem to get packages randomly, and even more randomly are the tax that they do apply to the items