Intel Officially Unveils 11th Gen Rocket Lake CPUs

Random_Person1234
Go to solution Solved by illegalwater,

The 11700K performs within margin of error in gaming versus Comet Lake for the most part, so still behind Ryzen 5000 on average. Productivity is where the only real performance gains are seen and even then it's still not enough to match the 5800X in most cases. Power efficiency isn't looking great either, the single core power consumption is particularly bad.

Wait for Alder Lake.

20 hours ago, Kinda Bottlenecked said:

Yikes, this is a hard pass for me

way higher power consumption than the 5800x and it just barely keeps up. 

11700f looks to be the winner in the lineup. If you can buy one. 

With the well known availability of Intel  chip i expect price will normalized very soon

intel already move to 10nm for mobile and server, so I won’t expect another great 14nm shortage like in 2017 happening and crippled the price again

On 3/19/2021 at 5:02 PM, Rauten said:

Holy s*#t - it's finally happened, Intel is now the budget option.

BRB gonna bake some cookies for the horsemen of the apocalypse.

Hell has truly frozen over

Just now, SlimyPython said:

One day intel will make the NZXT H1 look like a lighter

Core i9-11900K + Intel stock cooler + NZXT H510 + RTX 3090 FE + AX1600i

Personal heater.

elephants

The 11700K performs within margin of error in gaming versus Comet Lake for the most part, so still behind Ryzen 5000 on average. Productivity is where the only real performance gains are seen and even then it's still not enough to match the 5800X in most cases. Power efficiency isn't looking great either, the single core power consumption is particularly bad.

Wait for Alder Lake.

Dell S2721DGF - RTX 3070 XC3 - i5 12600K

Disappointing result, but can we really consider that a fair review if they were having mobo issues? Not defending intel or anything, but official launch is still a week out and if mobo makers still need to update their boards with microcode or whatever (i don't know how it all works) then I'm having a hard time accepting these early reviews all that conclusive. 

8 hours ago, illegalwater said:

Wait for Alder Lake.

To be fair, even if it is disappointingly mediocre, the availability in certain regions of the world coupled with it's relatively okay price mean that it's at least technically worth it compared to Comet Lake and Ryzen 5000. Although I have to agree with GN in that many of the 8 core parts suffer from irrelevance due to the presence of higher and lower tier products that offer better value and/or performance.

On 3/23/2021 at 8:41 AM, illegalwater said:

Wait for Alder Lake.

The worst part is I suspect the 11700K will be one of the best case scenarios for Rocket Lake.

The 11900K is dropping 2 full cores from the 10900K and is basically just a higher binned 8 core part. I expect multicore performance is going to take a beating as a result.

This is the first time in awhile where moving up a gen on Intel will actually be a performance downgrade, for more money no less. It wouldn't totally surprise me if this is why Intel is letting them hit shelves early ahead of the reviews.

My guess is once all the reviews are out there is going to be a run Comet Lake while Rocket Lake just sits on shelves.

GN did a video explaining power and thermals on the 11700K.

CPU - Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler - EVGA CLC 240mm AIO  Motherboard - ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 | RAM - 16GB (2x8GB) Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 3600MHz CL17 | GPU - MSI RTX 3070 Ventus 3X OC | PSU -  EVGA 600 BQ | Storage - PNY CS3030 1TB NVMe SSD | Case Cooler Master TD500 Mesh