Trying to understand the unusual perf of my 4gb 480

I've been tuning my Rx480 for mining, and im seeing weird perf.

Its a 4gb card, so it should be barely able to mine, but with LolMiner on nicehash (i had to swap from pheonix miner), im averaging 9sol/s, with profitability of about .5usd/day (if i mine 24h/day).

and thats on gaming mode. (Im just going to mine during downtime, so its not worht the hassle I think)

The only tweaks iv made to the gpu is -25 core volt, -25 power limit (any lower and I lose some perf), +34 core, +250 mem

So, why is it this, and not like 5sol/s with no profit like it is supposed to be?

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I'm not super familiar with Nicehash mining, but that honestly doesn't seem that great to me. 50 cents/day is about what it costs to run that card 24/7 in electricity where I am.

10 minutes ago, Grabhanem said:

I'm not super familiar with Nicehash mining, but that honestly doesn't seem that great to me. 50 cents/day is about what it costs to run that card 24/7 in electricity where I am.

That's profit. It would get between 80 c and 1$/ day before electricity.

Just for a 4gb card, it's like 2x what it should be.

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

Well, i just switched to NBminer using Kapow, and now its @7.7mh/s with power limit.

ill do compute mode tests tomorow.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler

no. i lied. I switched to compute, and tuned the oc to -37mv,  -15power limit, -166 core (about .1mh slower, but much quieter), and +525mem. im now averaging about 9.2MH/s-10.1MH/s, with estimated 1$ 24h profit.

Bios database

prior build:

Spoiler