Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

so, i've had an issue with my PC for a while, getting event ID 161 volmgr alot, i replaced my old PSU and it seemed to fix the issues, then 2 months later it started happening again, i then moved my ram from A1 B1 to A2 B2, and it worked great for another 2 months, now i need to swap them back and forth every 2-3 days otherwise my PC wont actually give me a post screen, the PC posts, it goes to windows but it just doesnt give me videofeed and the white VGA lamp is lit up on the MB (z390-f Gaming strix), i tried flashing bios, thought that would help but alas it did not, also, when i switch the ramslots the issue goes from volmgr161 to nvidia drivers crashing and either have to hard reset or they recover.

any tip here?

download memtest and let it run, if the RAM is faulty it will either show up there or the system will crash.

If that doesnt work remove one ram stick and run memtest again if its doesnt work use the same stick in another slot and do this till you tested all combinations and get a result from the memtest.

chances are the memtest will show you errors and you will know your RAM is done.

Just now, Pixel5 said:

download memtest and let it run, if the RAM is faulty it will either show up there or the system will crash.

If that doesnt work remove one ram stick and run memtest again if its doesnt work use the same stick in another slot and do this till you tested all combinations and get a result from the memtest.

chances are the memtest will show you errors and you will know your RAM is done.

oh yea, i should mention that i've done that, i've ran intels CPU test, aida64, OCCT, furball etc, no issues with crashes, volmgr161 only happens in certain games and usually on youtube, even if i reseat the ram in the same slots the issue goes away, its weird