Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yeahh, so I said I don't have this issue, but I thought that the AMD high def HDMI output was the same thing (I'm dumb). Motherboard is the B550M Aorus Pro rev. 1 and I think this is a universal B550/X570 issue. I installed the Realtek audio drivers, tried all line outs, not even the front audio works. HDMI audio from the video card works fine though, so I'm convinced that the motherboard is doing this. Not sure about anything else though. Here are some pictures too.

 

image.png.2065030c0c72ba376f17295d28669650.pngimage.png.6f5046f406610d40bff5b5a438e8e76e.pngimage.png.75d91f575d3ed17356dcb257693699a7.png

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Doesn't seem like you've got the realtek drivers.

Try downloading them here and installing them: click me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, untrustworthy said:

Yeahh, so I said I don't have this issue, but I thought that the AMD high def HDMI output was the same thing (I'm dumb). Motherboard is the B550M Aorus Pro rev. 1 and I think this is a universal B550/X570 issue. I installed the Realtek audio drivers, tried all line outs, not even the front audio works. HDMI audio from the video card works fine though, so I'm convinced that the motherboard is doing this. Not sure about anything else though. Here are some pictures too.

 

image.png.2065030c0c72ba376f17295d28669650.pngimage.png.6f5046f406610d40bff5b5a438e8e76e.pngimage.png.75d91f575d3ed17356dcb257693699a7.png

I had this problem go into system sounds and disable any other speaker sounds like monitor, speakers, soundbar etc...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuzz0r said:

Doesn't seem like you've got the realtek drivers.

Try downloading them here and installing them: click me.

I downloaded the Realtek drivers from the website.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, untrustworthy said:

I downloaded the Realtek drivers from the website.

When you click your audio icon in the windows taskbar can you select other devices?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, xFireLegendx138 said:

I had this problem go into system sounds and disable any other speaker sounds like monitor, speakers, soundbar etc...

Did nothing.... not even detecting.image.png.0e6228749d29246ccbc67aaf8ab497b7.png

 

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuzz0r said:

When you click your audio icon in the windows taskbar can you select other devices?

Nope.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, untrustworthy said:

Nope.

What version of windows are you running?

(winkey + R and type winver press enter)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

What version of windows are you running?

(winkey + R and type winver press enter)

image.png.c78d5d4453639e8a9b446a1108d9e7c9.png20H2

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, untrustworthy said:

image.png.c78d5d4453639e8a9b446a1108d9e7c9.png20H2

Do you have optional downloads in your windows update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fuzz0r said:

Do you have optional downloads in your windows update?

image.png.7a7d031355049e79655dbfba01847df0.pngas far as I can tell (updates are paused because of certain problems, this happened before all of that, and im finally looking for help.)

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, untrustworthy said:

image.png.7a7d031355049e79655dbfba01847df0.pngas far as I can tell (updates are paused because of certain problems, this happened before all of that, and im finally looking for help.)

What happens if you boot for example ubuntu off of a USB? Does it have sound then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, fuzz0r said:

What happens if you boot for example ubuntu off of a USB? Does it have sound then?

Well, I haven't tried that. Are you willing to wait? I need to make a bootable USB for that.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, untrustworthy said:

Well, I haven't tried that. Are you willing to wait?

I'll wait for as long as I can. Heading to bed in an hour or two. 🙂

Shouldn't take too long depending on your internet connection.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, xFireLegendx138 said:

Have you tried plugging the jack into the monitor is there sound there?

The monitor has built in speakers, but the only audio jack is an audio INPUT. Wish that Asus did better on that, otherwise its great.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fuzz0r said:

I'll wait for as long as I can. Heading to bed in an hour or two. 🙂

Shouldn't take too long depending on your internet connection.

Okay then, I have 400 mbps so should be around 15 mins.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

I'll wait for as long as I can. Heading to bed in an hour or two. 🙂

Shouldn't take too long depending on your internet connection.

Nothing, still only HDMI.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, untrustworthy said:

Nothing, still only HDMI.

Starting to think your motherboard might be faulty.

There is a way around it, if your USBs work you could get a DAC+Amp combo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fuzz0r said:

Starting to think your motherboard might be faulty.

There is a way around it, if your USBs work you could get a DAC+Amp combo.

All my USB's work, I do not think that the motherboard is bad, everything else has been completely fine. I will see if I can get my hands on a cheap USB to 3.5 mm audio jack adaptor. I know they exist. I can't see anything else that would be the culprit here. Thanks everyone.

  • CPU
    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 (OC)
  • Motherboard
    Gigabyte Aorus B550M Pro
  • RAM
    Crucial Ballistix 3200 Mhz 16 GB (8x2)
  • GPU
    PowerColor Radeon RX570 4 GB
  • Case
    Corsair 4000D Airflow
  • Storage
    Crucial BX500 480 GB
    Seagate BarraCuda 7200 RPM 2 TB
  • PSU
    PowerSpec 650 Watt 80 Plus Bronze
  • Cooler
    Hyper 212X

 

 

 

 
Link to post
Share on other sites

Coming from a newbie I know this sounds really stupid, but I had a similar situation with my Mac mini 3.5 audio jack not working and after a hour long call to apple support there was still no audio. They had me trying everything but nothing worked and they said to bring in my device for repair. So after I got off the phone knowing I wasn’t going to take the Mac in for repair I decided to try something simple. I toggled the jack by removing the 3.5mm cord and re inserting it and suddenly the Mac remembered what the headphone jack is and my sound was back. Before this the jack was non existent in the menu, just disappeared. I run the 3.5mm out to an amp and some in ceiling speakers so I can crank up my Spotify. They say the most obvious is un obvious. I hope you get yours worked out bud, wish I could be of more help.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×