Anyone bought a cell phone from Hong Kong?

Askew

I want a new Galaxy Nexus to join mine and use Cyanogen daily 4.4, (I am seriously in love with this device plz don't suggest others, I have a Moto X coming that's the closest thing to it I'm gonna try, stock Android + AMOLED = Gusta)

I've found a lot of Chinese/Hong Kong sellers advertising new ones that are old stock, this makes sense to me because Samsung had these phones produced in China in addition to South Korea, so I can see that Chinese sellers may be likely to have some left over stock that maybe they aquired at wholesale.

Asking price for these is about £120, second hand market here is about the same, obviously I want to get a new phone over a used one but I've not bought a device from Hong Kong before.

Can anyone in the USA, Canada, UK/Europe who has bought from this type of seller tell me how their experience went please?

around octobre 2013 i tried to buy a nokia N900(awesome phone) to replace my dying SGS2 from one of those ebay people in hong kong...

all was going well and they sent me a pic of the package and gave me a tracking number and everything. after about a month i asked them why it still hasnt arrived and the tracking number wasnt working (they said it will arrive in 2 weeks) so they said they will send me a replacement one and quote "we will use registered mail this time". this time the tracking worked but it stayed at the sorting centre in china for a few weeks. so i approached them again and they offered me a refund. as soon as the refund came through the status on the package said "returned to sender", i have no idea how they do this...

that about sums up my experience, idk im just really unlucky or if they cant be trusted. but i think as long as youre on sites like ebay you should be fine.

around octobre 2013 i tried to buy a nokia N900(awesome phone) to replace my dying SGS2 from one of those ebay people in hong kong...

all was going well and they sent me a pic of the package and gave me a tracking number and everything. after about a month i asked them why it still hasnt arrived and the tracking number wasnt working (they said it will arrive in 2 weeks) so they said they will send me a replacement one and quote "we will use registered mail this time". this time the tracking worked but it stayed at the sorting centre in china for a few weeks. so i approached them again and they offered me a refund. as soon as the refund came through the status on the package said "returned to sender", i have no idea how they do this...

that about sums up my experience, idk im just really unlucky or if they cant be trusted. but i think as long as youre on sites like ebay you should be fine.

They gave you a refund, I smell something fishy...

Or maybe they are just really kind...

Idk...

Who knows?

Hi

ASUS ROG G75VX

Intel i7-3630QM 2.4GHz/3.4GHz Turbo | Nvidia GeForce 670MX 3GB OCed to 736MHz | 750GB HDD | Windows 8.1 | 24 GB 1600MHz RAM | Razer Goliathus Medium | Logitech G400s | Razer Kraken/ JBL J22 | Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX blue