Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Help with memtest86 v 5.0

I think I might have a bad RAM stick. I started running memtest86 for 8 hours and all it says is pass 4 of 4 with 0 errors. I have 4 sticks or 8 Gbs. Does that mean all 4 passed? I don't think I'm doing this right lol

for a second i thought you were linus asking for help...

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I get that a lot

Not Steve Jobs?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

Xeon 1230v2, B75 Pro3-M, 16GB Crucial Ballistix, Msi TF GTX760, Crucial M500, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, CM G550M, Fractal Arc Mini.

Not Steve Jobs?

linus stole it from jobs but i honestly dont care about jobs (not because i hate apple it was just some of his morals)

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

it means all the free space on your ram was scanned 4 times not all 32gigs (it could be 25gigs free...)

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

8 houres is not enough, run it for at least 24 houres. Also what seems to be the problem? What makes you think you've got bad ram? And could you give us your configuration?

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

8 houres is not enough, run it for at least 24 houres. Also what seems to be the problem? What makes you think you've got bad ram? And could you give us your configuration?

I'm getting blue screens when rendering or playing a game. It could be my cpu but I just want to test the RAM. 4770k 32gb 1866 g skills 780 ti z87 g45 motherboard

run them individually for at least 12hours or more each stick (I assume yours is 2GB stick X 4). If 4GB stick, run 24hours test.

Edit: I see you have 32GB. so yeah.run each stick for at least 24hours.

Could also be a driver issue, could you upload the dump files? Now the only problem is for someone to analyse it because i'm a newb at tht kind of troubleshooting

I used to get a ton of bsod and everything seemd to point to bad ram but it turned out i was missing a driver.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(") This is Bunny.

I'm getting blue screens when rendering or playing a game. It could be my cpu but I just want to test the RAM. 4770k 32gb 1866 g skills 780 ti z87 g45 motherboard

i see you overclocked your cpu i would have checked that first. Try rendering a project that crashes on your current overclock with lower clock speed because it takes FAR less to test your cpu than your rams.

mY s YsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??
 HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it?
 MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Could also be a driver issue, could you upload the dump files? Now the only problem is for someone to analyse it because i'm a newb at tht kind of troubleshooting

I used to get a ton of bsod and everything seemd to point to bad ram but it turned out i was missing a driver.

I'll try running each stick for 24 hours first then I'll make a new post if they all pass. Thanks

You are not the only one.

1932049_754967881204343_1695924290_n.jpg

-Desktop: Asrock H81M-HDS R2.0, Pentium G3258 4.2 ghz OC, Palit GTX 750 ti StormX, Kingston HyperX Fury 1600 4gb, Seagate Baracuda
-Laptop: MSI GE620DX, i72670QM 2.2 Ghz, 8GB 1333mhz Ram, GT555M 2GB DDR3.
-Gaming peripherals: Razer Deathadder 2013, Superlux HD 681 Evo Razer Goliathus Control Medium sizeCm Storm Quickfire TK white edition.