RMAing in these troubled times

SimplyChunk

Hey peeps,  My Nephews 2060 Super bit the dust today.  A Palit reference board model.  It black screens and the fans ramp up in two different machines when the heavy lifting starts so it needs to go back.

I've put a Webnote in at OverclockersUK asking for their advice.  Just wondered if anyone from the UK has had any experience with Palit.  I know Overclockers will always handle my request for me but if they say it'll be quicker to deal direct i will.

Side note.  Has anyone had ANY RMA with ANY board partner, AMD or nVidia during the last 3-4 months?  How was the experience?

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

• 1 month later...

Sorry about the "necro" but I was looking for other RMA experiences as well... I sent a 5700 to XFX on October, and I'm still waiting for a replacement... So I would rate my experience as terrible.

On 4/19/2021 at 5:18 AM, morps said:

Sorry about the "necro" but I was looking for other RMA experiences as well... I sent a 5700 to XFX on October, and I'm still waiting for a replacement... So I would rate my experience as terrible.

Well.  I sent the card back to Overclockers for testing and they too found it was faulty.  They sent it to Palit and said wiat 28 days i didn't hear anything for 28 days waited another couple just to be sure and emailed Overclockers they came back and offered an Asus Tuf RTX 3060 as a replacement. Which i took.  Had it in my hands 2 days later.

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

@YouSirAreADudeSir - nice outcome, pity it took 2 months to sort out.

Back in earlier times, I bought a Leadtek WinFast GeForce 6800 GT near launch and it started artifacting within the week prompting an RMA with the retailer. They passed it onto the distributor for testing and the distributor ended up sending it back to Taiwan. Three months later and many calls by myself I was still without a replacement (I was limping with a GeForce 2 MX 400) so the retailer chose to refund my purchase cost. During the interim, costs had gone down and I was able to get a Gainward GeForce 6800 Ultra Golden Sample and have $100 left over.

To be clear i'm not implicating the retailer in any of this.  It's on Palit at the end of the day.  A lot of my freinds and family don't like the retailer i'm always recommending because they usually have to pay the full £10 on next day postage.  That little 'inconvinience' to me though pales in comparison to their legendary customer service though