Virtual VMware ESXI 5.5 u1 on Physical ESXI 4.1 u3

TristanK

Hi, I don't know how much experience you ve got with this stuff but If anyone can help I d be really grateful. I'm trying to set up a testing envoirment with one esxi 4.1 u3 on a physical server (4.1 u3 because that s the latest version that the server processors support) and more virtualized esxi 5.5 u1 machines on that one. I have managed to create a virtual machine with esxi 4.1 u3 but with 5.5 u1 i get this error: 

THE SYSTEM HAS FOUND A PROBLEM ON YOUR MACHINE AND CANNOT CONTINUE. VMWARE ESXI REQUIRES THE EXECUTE DISABLE/NO EXECUTE CPU FEATURE TO BE ENABLED.

I ve googled it and fount that i have to enable virtualization and NX/XD on CPU but i allready did all that before. Than I found I have to "Restart the host, press F9 to boot in BIOS mode

Advanced Options > Processor Options > No-Execute Memory Protection, then configure: Enabled" I cant do that since the virtual bios does not have that option.

Now I want to know Can you even virtualize esxi 5.5 on top of a physical esxi 4.1  or can you just put 4.1 on it like I allready did?

Now I have another question. On the virtual esxi 4.1 I made I kind of put the wrong virtual network card in. So I added a new one and deleted the old one. Now the damn thing says that It cant find any compatible network adapter. But it is set to run at power on and it is currently connected. 

Please help I m getting crazy.

Specs: 

Spoiler

PC:CASE: FD Define r6 | CPU:Intel Core i7-8700k | MB: MSI z370 PC Pro RAM: 32GB Corsair vengance LPX 3000 GPU: Asus rx 6900xt Tuf STORAGE: nand 500GB Samsung 970Evo plus ; Game Storage: 2TB Samsung 860QVO Storage: 2 x WD Green 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM850x | CPUCooler: Noctua NH-D15   DISPLAY: LG 27GL850