An eBay seller has sold an engineering sample Ryzen 3 5300G, this may be one of the best Budget APUs for budget gamers?

According to Tom's hardware, AMD has it's Zen 3 desktop APUs under wraps Untill a chinese ebay seller started selling an Ryzen 3 5300G engineering sample, here's the ebay link for proof but It is currently out of stock. 

AMD still has its Zen 3 desktop APUs under wraps, but a Chinese eBay merchant already started selling engineering samples. The AMD Ryzen 3 5300G, which was previously sold for $176.99, is no longer available on eBay, but we still have the benchmarks that were listed. 

Besides that, the report goes on to say that of course those chips are based on the TSMC 7nm like the other predecessors from the 5600X to the 5950X and:

AMD's next-generation APUs will leverage Zen 3 cores and slot into the AM4 CPU socket. Based on AMD's history, the chips will likely come with Vega graphics but with a small generational uplift. 

but of course without AMD's confirmation, we can't actually tell whenever this chip will actually be launched either to the market or OEMs or as a Ryzen 3 pro 5350G, just like the Zen 2 APUs

Without AMD's confirmation though, we can't know for sure. It's possible the chip will come out as the Ryzen 3 Pro 5350G, with equal specs but bringing extra features around things like security.

For the APU Performance, the seller seems to have done a brief review (https://youtu.be/P1YthiKLsJI) of this engineering sample but in summary, One of the games he tested with this APU, Battlefield V gives around 40-50 FPS at 1080p low settings, which is an improvement over last gen so far and the cpu itself is slightly more powerful than the Ryzen 3 3300x with around a 1-2% margin and with a total of 2985.12 in CPU-Z multi threading benchmark but that's just the tip of the iceberg so far.

Let's not forget that availability matters too, if those APUs manage to launch to the market, it'll most likely be out of stock earlier 

Summary

The Ryzen 3 5300G was leaked but it is still in engineering sample, an eBay seller started selling one of these engineering samples and now they are out of stock, no confirmation from AMD so far, Performance on the table seems to be great but official pricing or launch has to follow in order to tell and while it beats the Ryzen 3 3300X CPU, it is so slightly with around 1-2% margin. Also gaming performance for an APU only does seem promising so far.

Quotes

AMD still has its Zen 3 desktop APUs under wraps, but a Chinese eBay merchant already started selling engineering samples. The AMD Ryzen 3 5300G, which was previously sold for $176.99, is no longer available on eBay, but we still have the benchmarks that were listed. 

The Zen 3 microarchitecture powers AMD's latest 7nm processors, spanning from the mobile chips to the core-heavy server offerings. While the chipmaker has already released its Ryzen 5000 mobile (Cezanne) parts, the DIY market is still awaiting the desktop variants, which may be able to compete with the best CPUs. It's expected that AMD's next-generation APUs will leverage Zen 3 cores and slot into the AM4 CPU socket. Based on AMD's history, the chips will likely come with Vega graphics but with a small generational uplift. 

The Zen 3 processor listed on eBay carries the 100-000000262-30_Y designation, which is the orderable part number, and the poster listed it as a Ryzen 3 5300G. Without AMD's confirmation though, we can't know for sure. It's possible the chip will come out as the Ryzen 3 Pro 5350G, with equal specs but bringing extra features around things like security. In any case, the chip listed should be the baby brother to the Ryzen 7 5700G or Ryzen 7 Pro 5750G.

My thoughts

I'm just hoping that if this is true and If AMD actually launches these APUs at a good price to the market and the CPUs/GPUs shortages are gone, I think this is going to be a really great budget APU for budget gamers who are looking to build an APU based PC in 2021 or so or have a budget CPU with a great dedicated GPU. This should be really cool alltho AMD should have just launched Ryzen 3 Zen 3 CPUs rather than APU but assuming it launches in the market, that's the right step of the direction, especially again for budget gamers.

Sources

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3-5300g-zen-3-cezanne-apu-1080p-gaming

https://www.pcgamer.com/unreleased-amd-ryzen-3-5300g-chip-pops-up-on-ebay-for-dollar177/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-3-5300g-cezanne-desktop-apu-spotted-on-ebay

I'll edit this post if I find more sources 🙂

Edited by GorujoCY
two new sources found

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Oooooh, wonder when a Ryzen 5 5200g will come out, might upgrade...

haha broskie like dab my guy

Just now, MightyMishka said:

Oooooh, wonder when a Ryzen 5 5200g will come out, might upgrade...

you mean like the Ryzen 5 5600G right? Yeah we'll probably have to wait on that, I didn't see any information around.

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

Just now, GorujoCY said:

you mean like the Ryzen 5 5600G right? Yeah we'll probably have to wait on that, I didn't see any information around.

Yeah, not that familiar with APUs, thought they maybe had the same designation or something.

haha broskie like dab my guy

25 minutes ago, GorujoCY said:

AMD has it's Zen 3 desktop APUs under wraps Untill a chinese ebay seller started selling an Ryzen 3 5300G engineering sample

It's not performing like a Zen 3 architecture would according to the benchmarks in this video, so I'm a little confused if it's confirmed whether the 5300G would be Zen 3 or if that video is fake, it's only around ~1% faster than a 3300X in Cinebench when it should be at least +10% faster, the numbers are not making sense

The 3300X has an all-core turbo of ~4.2Ghz and it looks like the 5300G is hitting 4.1Ghz all-core

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

5 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

It's not performing like a Zen 3 architecture would according to the benchmarks in this video, so I'm a little confused if it's confirmed whether the 5300G would be Zen 3 or if that video is fake, it's only around ~1% faster than a 3300X in Cinebench when it should be at least +10% faster, the numbers are not making sense

The 3300X has an all-core turbo of ~4.2Ghz and it looks like the 5300G is hitting 4.1Ghz all-core

let's be fair those are engineering samples, so this may not be the end results, and yeah sure, CPU-Z isn't something you should benchmarking on, let's wait and see if AMD actually launches these APUs and then we will see actual results. but this all solely my opinion in this but I think regardless, this is going to be a great APU and I just think that it will be zen 3 as it doesn't make sense for AMD to launch Zen2 APUs two times.

My PC

Just now, GorujoCY said:

let's be fair those are engineering samples, so this may not be the end results, and yeah sure, CPU-Z isn't something you should benchmarking on, let's wait and see if AMD actually launches these APUs and then we will see actual results. but this all solely my opinion in this but I think regardless, this is going to be a great APU and I just think that it will be zen 3 as it doesn't make sense for AMD to launch Zen2 APUs two times.

Whether it's an engineering sample or not, it's clocking like a retail version would and should perform properly as it doesn't seem to be defective, I wouldn't trust that video unless the frequency reporting in Task Manager is off by several hundred Mhz, and I've mentioned Cinebench instead because it's a lot more consistent, not CPU-Z

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

18 minutes ago, .Apex. said:

Whether it's an engineering sample or not, it's clocking like a retail version would and should perform properly as it doesn't seem to be defective, I wouldn't trust that video unless the frequency reporting in Task Manager is off by several hundred Mhz, and I've mentioned Cinebench instead because it's a lot more consistent, not CPU-Z

alright you may go ahead and not trust the video and wait for actual results to go by, well hopefully if we assume that those APUs will go to the market, but let's be honest, i think it was sort of meant to be a rumour more than a leak but eh you get the idea I hope. For me I don't really doubt that it isn't going to be zen 3 but time will tell I guess...

My PC

Cool. Though they need to switch to Navi iGPU.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

I've been waiting for a nice, low-power CPU that I could build a low-power NAS with. :) I'd love something with a < 20W idle draw.

• 6 months later...
On 3/13/2021 at 3:15 AM, GorujoCY said:

According to Tom's hardware, AMD has it's Zen 3 desktop APUs under wraps Untill a chinese ebay seller started selling an Ryzen 3 5300G engineering sample, here's the ebay link for proof but It is currently out of stock. 

Besides that, the report goes on to say that of course those chips are based on the TSMC 7nm like the other predecessors from the 5600X to the 5950X and:

but of course without AMD's confirmation, we can't actually tell whenever this chip will actually be launched either to the market or OEMs or as a Ryzen 3 pro 5350G, just like the Zen 2 APUs

For the APU Performance, the seller seems to have done a brief review (https://youtu.be/P1YthiKLsJI) of this engineering sample but in summary, One of the games he tested with this APU, Battlefield V gives around 40-50 FPS at 1080p low settings, which is an improvement over last gen so far and the cpu itself is slightly more powerful than the Ryzen 3 3300x with around a 1-2% margin and with a total of 2985.12 in CPU-Z multi threading benchmark but that's just the tip of the iceberg so far.

Let's not forget that availability matters too, if those APUs manage to launch to the market, it'll most likely be out of stock earlier 

Summary

The Ryzen 3 5300G was leaked but it is still in engineering sample, an eBay seller started selling one of these engineering samples and now they are out of stock, no confirmation from AMD so far, Performance on the table seems to be great but official pricing or launch has to follow in order to tell and while it beats the Ryzen 3 3300X CPU, it is so slightly with around 1-2% margin. Also gaming performance for an APU only does seem promising so far.

Quotes

My thoughts

I'm just hoping that if this is true and If AMD actually launches these APUs at a good price to the market and the CPUs/GPUs shortages are gone, I think this is going to be a really great budget APU for budget gamers who are looking to build an APU based PC in 2021 or so or have a budget CPU with a great dedicated GPU. This should be really cool alltho AMD should have just launched Ryzen 3 Zen 3 CPUs rather than APU but assuming it launches in the market, that's the right step of the direction, especially again for budget gamers.

Sources

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-ryzen-3-5300g-zen-3-cezanne-apu-1080p-gaming

https://www.pcgamer.com/unreleased-amd-ryzen-3-5300g-chip-pops-up-on-ebay-for-dollar177/

https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-ryzen-3-5300g-cezanne-desktop-apu-spotted-on-ebay

I'll edit this post if I find more sources 🙂

What if I told you I have one, working perfectly, and its an official released version not a engineering sample. 🙂

3 minutes ago, peepeeoo said:

What if I told you I have one, working perfectly, and its an official released version not a engineering sample. 🙂

I would have told you to check the date of the post. 5300G was recently officially released.

image.png.f2e9dcc945664312e2bd0991a72467f6.png

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2021 at 8:44 AM, Levent said:

I would have told you to check the date of the post. 5300G was recently officially released.

image.png.f2e9dcc945664312e2bd0991a72467f6.png

yea i have one too i plan selling it together wiht my gpu to get a simple 1600x and a gtx 1080 ti