Internet doesn't download at full potential on games

SandmanSoggs
Go to solution Solved by pythonmegapixel,

Just to elaborate on @fuzz0r's point - Mbps is megaBITs per second, MB/s is megaBYTEs per second. A byte is 8 bits so if you measure the speed in Mbps, the number will be 8x greater than if you measure it in MB/s.

Your speed test shows speeds of about 32 Mbps, while your download speed is about 4 MB/s. 8x 4 = 32, so your download speed is correct.

Hello everyone,

When I do an internet speed test, it tells me I am getting 31.25mbps download and 9.32mbps upload but then when I download a game like Warzone, it tells me it is only going at 3.90mbps. Does anyone know why this happens or how I could uncap the download speed?

image.png.20339fc9580bf0c02c6a9b9630ff25c8.pngimage.png.6c0efc5fc936696ca8993cc33a03d7da.png

There is a difference between Mbps And MB/s 🙂

Your speed is as it should be.

Just to elaborate on @fuzz0r's point - Mbps is megaBITs per second, MB/s is megaBYTEs per second. A byte is 8 bits so if you measure the speed in Mbps, the number will be 8x greater than if you measure it in MB/s.

Your speed test shows speeds of about 32 Mbps, while your download speed is about 4 MB/s. 8x 4 = 32, so your download speed is correct.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

pythonmegapixel

into tech, public transport and architecture // amateur programmer // youtuber // beginner photographer

Thanks for reading all this by the way!

By the way, my desktop is a docked laptop. Get over it, No seriously, I have an exterrnal monitor, keyboard, mouse, headset, ethernet and cooling fans all connected. Using it feels no different to a desktop, it works for several hours if the power goes out, and disconnecting just a few cables gives me something I can take on the go. There's enough power for all games I play and it even copes with basic (and some not-so-basic) video editing. Give it a go - you might just love it.

Thank you everyone. I'm glad it was working correctly and my internet is fine.