Blackberry working on answer to Siri, Google Now.

nicehat

Blackberry's working on a new update 10.3. The update seems to bring a host of new features and improvements. A quick look at an early alpha can be found below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ek4xlv1oN0

An interesting component of the new update is a new app called Intelligent Assistant. It doesnt quite work yet as its in alpha, but it would be great to see a deep rooted OS implementation with lots of practical uses. I'm just happy that they are still up and kicking. Full steam ahead

http://www.engadget.com/2014/03/24/blackberry-digital-assistant/?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000589

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

will it actually work this time?

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

I appreciate that Blackberry wants to be in the limelight again, but copying their competitors' successes does not another one make.

Want to find parts in your budget? Logical Increments is the guide you need. | In the market for a headset? Read this thread. | If you're looking for headphones, please refer to this thread. | Stop being backhanded when offering advice.

CPU: Intel i7-3770K @ 3.5 GHz | CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Frio OCK | Motherboard: ASUS P8Z77-V LK | Memory: 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP (DDR3-1600) | GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition x 2 (Crossfire) | Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSDNow V300 SSD, 2 TB Toshiba HDD | PSU: Corsair TX850 V2 | Case: In-Win Mana 136 (Black)
Monitor: ASUS VS248H-P | Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 (Cherry MX Brown) | Mouse: Logitech G500 | Speakers: Logitech X-140 | Headphones: Philips Fidelio X1, Sony MDR-X05 | Webcam: Logitech C510

The first company to release a graphene based product will have won the war of phone development. Until then, I'm not really all that excited about new phone technologies. :P

//ccap

look black berry

BB os is basically android

just the other step and take that crap out

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

The first company to release a graphene based product will have won the war of phone development. Until then, I'm not really all that excited about new phone technologies. :P

samsung said the first thing to incorporate graphene in phones is the touch screen

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

Yeah.. BlackBerry is dead.. Ain't helping them back up i think

[CPU: AMD FX-6100 @3.3GHz ] [MoBo: Asrock 970 Extreme4] [GPU: Gigabyte 770 OC ] [RAM: 8GB] [sSD: 64gb for OS] [PSU: 550Watt Be Quiet!] [HDD: 1TB] [CPU cooler: Be Quiet! Shadow Rock Pro Sr1]  -Did i solve your question/problem? Please click 'Marked Solved'-

I love BB10 OS, but the red and orange UI accents are terrible; like Samsung Touchwiz terrible.  Really hope they change that.  I have the Q10 and I think it is amazing: physical keyboard is so much better than touch, battery life is excellent. 

What I find is that it is a much better communication tool than any Android or iOS device, but it lacks heavily in all other areas.   For example, in the car I might be trying to find the nearest grocery store and then navigation from my location.  On Android, a simple task, on Blackberry it is a total pain.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I love BB10 OS, but the red and orange UI accents are terrible; like Samsung Touchwiz terrible.  Really hope they change that.  I have the Q10 and I think it is amazing: physical keyboard is so much better than touch, battery life is excellent. 

What I find is that it is a much better communication tool than any Android or iOS device, but it lacks heavily in all other areas.   For example, in the car I might be trying to find the nearest grocery store and then navigation from my location.  On Android, a simple task, on Blackberry it is a total pain.

Yep, Im using a Q10 as well. Hopefully with this new voice recognition tech, we'll be able to get things done in a more intuitive and easy way. BTW, the 10.2 update just made its way to Verizon users. I think its a great step in the right direction. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

Yep, Im using a Q10 as well. Hopefully with this new voice recognition tech, we'll be able to get things done in a more intuitive and easy way. BTW, the 10.2 update just made its way to Verizon users. I think its a great step in the right direction.

In Canada we've been fortunate enough to get all the updates in a timely manner. Sucks for those in the US that just got updates! What would be amazing for bb10 is if Google play services would work.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |