banned from LTT discord

sprinkleboy

hi i'm banned from LTT discord. i say "poo" and "pee" a lot by habit (very immature lol) and i've gotten kicked several times. now i think i'm permanently IP banned from the discord. is there any way to rejoin?

Not through here.

The forum has nothing to do with Discord.

You got perma-banned for a reason. Clearly you couldn't fix your immaturity. Sad, but lesson learned.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Getting banned for saying poo and pee? Wtf? Serious the Discord mods are bit sensitive to stay the least... 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

18 minutes ago, Sir Asvald said:

Getting banned for saying poo and pee? Wtf? Serious the Discord mods are bit sensitive to stay the least... 

Like you wouldn't believe.

List of stupid words that are banned:
bruh

poop

poo

damn

But swear words aren't.

Also, the mods have a tendency to completely misread a situation and mute the wrong person.

elephants

1 minute ago, FakeKGB said:

bruh

poop

poo

Guess I'll get kicked the second I join it

Glad I didn't then

Calling something crusty doodoo is better than saying shxt

-sigh- feeling like I'm being too negative lately

13 minutes ago, flo_306 said:

the comments tell me that its a boring/shit discord anyway ... or at least not worth to join

That is discord in general

40 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

bruh

poop

poo

damn

But swear words aren't.

Also, the mods have a tendency to completely misread a situation and mute the wrong person.

🤦‍♂️

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

I can't even join the ltt discord for 1 time. I click agree on everything and I click submit and it brings me to the ADD friend type in their id page.

If my answer is correct or is helpful please mark it as the solution. Quote me in your post to summon me. Beware that after summoning me ill never leave. 

Just now, Gamer4714 said:

I can't even join the ltt discord for 1 time. I click agree on everything and I click submit and it brings me to the ADD friend type in their id page.

The server is closed to new members currently. Supposedly due to not enough mods.

elephants

43 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

bruh

poop

poo

damn

But swear words aren't.

but is bro banned?

2 minutes ago, small guy64 said:

but is bro banned?

No idea.

I'll check when I get home, in 3 hours or so.

elephants

54 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Can't say I am not suprised...

On 3/15/2021 at 1:58 AM, milkerfish said:

the mods on the discord can be overzealous. the forum is much nicer

I know I got banned a while ago for saying stupid thing. I would like to be unbanned as it’s been like 4 years. But I don’t use Discord anymore and really cbf.

Huge disconnect between forum mods and discord’s mods is ridiculous. Discord mods aren’t even active on the forum. 

The moderation is certainly strange and abnormal on the discord. I was permabanned after constantly disagreeing with the mods in pilot chat. I was getting into arguments with them because it was nearly impossible to actually hold a proper conversation without getting muted, kicked, or banned. Conversations naturally stray a little bit from time to time, but it was so bad that we couldn't just have normal conversations about technology.

Also, the mods rule by "rules for thee, and not for me", where the rules don't apply to them. For example, even though the rules explicitly say, "no low quality content (such as memes..)", the seemingly head moderator (a.k.a: Dooley) abuses this and pretty frequently posts his own memes or other rule breaking content, backing it up by saying "High quality memes are allowed", where quality is subjective.

Also, Dooley seems to use the Discord partner agreement (section 3 specifically) as an argument for keeping the discord "on topic", despite the fact that it says:

It’s totally understandable if you are a content creator and you change from one game to another, but it’s less reasonable if you’re a community around RPGs and one day you delete all channels and change to be about your personal interest in football, or vice versa.

Personally, that sounds like "your server should represent you and/or your brand, but it's fine to have discussions about really anything", which is hinted by "change from one game to another". There's nothing saying that the LTT discord actually has to be 100% only about tech, as long as that's the main focus. Though, besides, LTT themselves go on non-tech tangents all the time. 

It's really a shit show and I don't mind that I'm permabanned. There's many better communities than the LTT discord, where the mods actually participate and act like moderators with proper consistency (such as one mod (momo) telling me how they do things, and then another (langley) saying they aren't allowed to say how they do things). The mods on the LTT discord seem to just rely on Warship to censor basically everything, and chime into conversations they find interesting.

25 minutes ago, DarkSwordsman said:

Also, the mods rule by "rules for thee, and not for me", where the rules don't apply to them. For example, even though the rules explicitly say no low quality content "(such as memes..)", the seemingly head moderator (a.k.a: Dooley) abuses this and pretty frequently posts his own memes or other rule breaking content, backing it up by saying "High quality memes are allowed", where quality is subjective.

I'd say this is the most obvious and glaring issue with the LTT Discord, the fact that so much moderation is done at the discretion of a mod when in reality no rules have actually been broken. The "high quality memes" subject is so touchy and frankly impossible to really moderate considering each person has an opinion or view of what is "high quality"

Warship is just another disaster show, the fact "poop", "bathwater" and "bruh" are 'filtered words' just to name a few (I have a hoarding problem, can't help it) shows how flawed of a system it truly is.. oh and don't get started on how simple regex to fix "Virgin Media" being filtered on such an amazing bot that is well coded could probably be.

I never felt a need to re-engage on the forums to get my LTT community fix, but sadly the way the LTT Discord has become a minefield of constantly having my messages deleted without any warning has become.. tiresome.. I am however glad to have met some people whom I can actually communicate with outside of the server and laugh at the amount of backwards things going on.

8 minutes ago, Sammykins said:

I'd say this is the most obvious and glaring issue with the LTT Discord, the fact that so much moderation is done at the discretion of a mod when in reality no rules have actually been broken. The "high quality memes" subject is so touchy and frankly impossible to really moderate considering each person has an opinion or view of what is "high quality"

Warship is just another disaster show, the fact "poop", "bathwater" and "bruh" are 'filtered words' just to name a few (I have a hoarding problem, can't help it) shows how flawed of a system it truly is.. oh and don't get started on how simple regex to fix "Virgin Media" being filtered on such an amazing bot that is well coded could probably be.

I never felt a need to re-engage on the forums to get my LTT community fix, but sadly the way the LTT Discord has become a minefield of constantly having my messages deleted without any warning has become.. tiresome.. I am however glad to have met some people whom I can actually communicate with outside of the server and laugh at the amount of backwards things going on.

Sammy, I think you hit the nail on the head 100% with this. There is some clear abuse of power going on in the discord. The LMG community should be a place where people feel free to speak about things that interest them. People are being banned/muted for disagreeing with moderators over the simplest little things.

Not to name names, but there is a mod who very clearly breaks the rules about not going off topic. I will add, this admin/mod was the person who wrote this rule. Having a community like you mentioned must be awesome, everyone would be free to discuss anything they wanted to with no fear of being banned.

I remember about a year ago, someone was banned for openly discussing about them being suicidal. I can only imagine this was the opposite of helping this person on their road to recovery- and is potentially life threatening. Mods said that the Discord TOS is to BAN suicidal people- which is quite literally false.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

Just to point out - as I'm posting this, that same admin is breaking their own rules about discussing moderator actions. They're discussing this in Pilot Chat. They're also breaking their rule about staying on topic. According to this person, Pilot Chat is to discuss Floatplane and LMG videos on Floatplane.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN RESPONDING

Please Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It. Take Time & Explain

New TOS RUINED the meme that used to be below :( 

The LTT Discord is a cesspool and nobody is missing anything by being banned or unable to join.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

13 hours ago, FakeKGB said:

bruh

poop

poo

W H A T ?

That's so low. 

CGHA | Astrophysicist & Meterologist-in-Training 

COSMOS, WEATHER, AND YOU 🌌

BUILD: 6C12T R5 5600x | Colorful iGame RTX 3070 Vulcan OC-V | Asus TUF B550M Plus | 2x8 Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600CL16 | 2x 500 GB Samsung 970 Evo Plus & 1 TB WD Blue | Seasonic Prime Gold 1300W | Noctua NH-D15, 4x Deepcool RF140 and 5x RF 120 Fans

On 3/13/2021 at 10:59 AM, sprinkleboy said:

now i think i'm permanently IP banned from the discord. is there any way to rejoin?

No. I don't believe there's currently a way to appeal a ban, but I'll reach out to the Discord team and find out if that has changed.

Attempting to bypass the ban will just result in being banned (again) and ensure that any appeal will be denied.

As for the other complaints people have about the LTT Discord I'll pass them along to the LTT Discord moderation team.

I've reached out to the Discord moderation team:

Bans issued are permanent and issued on the basis of violating Discord ToS/CoC or are the result of failing to adhere to previous warnings and timeouts. The rules of the server must be agreed to before joining and are available to view any time in #Rules.

Note: I'm not involved with the the LTT Discord. The moderation team of the forum and discord are separate. I don't know the details of why anyone was banned and we (the forum staff) can't help you with any bans on other platforms.

Edited by Spotty

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450