Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Building a PC for my cousin for £1200 budget. 

 

Let me know what you think!

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 22.01.38.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shields said:

Building a PC for my cousin for £1200 budget. 

 

Let me know what you think!

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 22.01.38.png

Please do not spend 440 pounds on a 1660 super when you will be able to get a 3060ti in a few months. Also, make sure you get a 1080p 144hz monitor, don’t let your monitor be a bottleneck. I would also up the power supply to 650w because 30 series is very power hungry and you might need to upgrade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

Please do not spend 440 pounds on a 1660 super when you will be able to get a 3060ti in a few months. Also, make sure you get a 1080p 144hz monitor, don’t let your monitor be a bottleneck. I would also up the power supply to 650w because 30 series is very power hungry and you might need to upgrade.

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm trying to get it all done before the 29th - his birthday. So, time is very much of the essence. I agree I should probably get a better screen but I'm trying to work my best within the budget I've been given. Have you seen any 144hz monitors around this price range? I'll also have a look into bigger PSU's now, thanks!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Shields said:

Thanks for the fast reply! I'm trying to get it all done before the 29th - his birthday. So, time is very much of the essence. I agree I should probably get a better screen but I'm trying to work my best within the budget I've been given. Have you seen any 144hz monitors around this price range? I'll also have a look into bigger PSU's now, thanks!

 

If you have 450 to throw at a graphics card, you can get the more powerful rtx 2060 (you could probably get better deals used but not that much better)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/KX66Mp/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-oc-video-card-gv-n2060oc-6gd

I would also cut the liquid cooling out because it doesn’t make sense to get anything over the included stock cooler unless you are really trying to push an overclock and spending 100+

Modern Cases do not have areas for cd readers so I assume you are going to use it externally or something.

Here is a 650 watt power supply: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/HbfhP6/gigabyte-p-b-650-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-gp-p650b

Here is a 27 inch 1080p 144hz panel: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/p/N82E16824569006?Description=westinghouse 1080p 144hz&cm_re=westinghouse_1080p 144hz-_-24-569-006-_-Product&quicklink=true

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, curiousmind34 said:

If you have 450 to throw at a graphics card, you can get the more powerful rtx 2060 (you could probably get better deals used but not that much better)
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/KX66Mp/gigabyte-geforce-rtx-2060-6-gb-oc-video-card-gv-n2060oc-6gd

I would also cut the liquid cooling out because it doesn’t make sense to get anything over the included stock cooler unless you are really trying to push an overclock and spending 100+

Modern Cases do not have areas for cd readers so I assume you are going to use it externally or something.

Here is a 650 watt power supply: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/product/HbfhP6/gigabyte-p-b-650-w-80-bronze-certified-atx-power-supply-gp-p650b

Here is a 27 inch 1080p 144hz panel: https://www.newegg.com/global/uk-en/p/N82E16824569006?Description=westinghouse 1080p 144hz&cm_re=westinghouse_1080p 144hz-_-24-569-006-_-Product&quicklink=true

You are a legend. Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×