Buying IRL pizza in a videogame with cryptocurrency

Decentraland a blockchain world will have an event at 3/12 3/13 2am UTC where it looks like someone will be showing off a kiosk to order pizza IRL. This is definitely cool being able to use cryptocurrency to buy pizza in a digital world and have it delivered IRL.

https://events.decentraland.org/en/?event=9ad1f34a-4565-498d-bac5-835e9c6b6047

Didn't think it belonged in the news section but thought it was cool

The person who spent that 10,000 BTC on the first pizza must have killed himself by now.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

that's just weird. buying things with crypto, fine, but why does it need to be in a digital world?

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

Just now, Jtalk4456 said:

that's just weird. buying things with crypto, fine, but why does it need to be in a digital world?

Well I think the whole idea behind decentraland is to be able to have a digital mall/hangout type thing and being able to connect it to IRL stuff is showing the possibilities

10 minutes ago, SlidewaysZ said:

Well I think the whole idea behind decentraland is to be able to have a digital mall/hangout type thing and being able to connect it to IRL stuff is showing the possibilities

I get where you're coming from but the digital mall doesn't need to be a visual experience. People will lump it with far future ideas like the Oasis from Ready Player One.  And as soon as they lump it in there, it's a project for another day, another generation, and all but the most devoted stop caring entirely

Insanity is not the absence of sanity, but the willingness to ignore it for a purpose. Chaos is the result of this choice. I relish in both.

24 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

I get where you're coming from but the digital mall doesn't need to be a visual experience. People will lump it with far future ideas like the Oasis from Ready Player One.  And as soon as they lump it in there, it's a project for another day, another generation, and all but the most devoted stop caring entirely

Well Oasis had to start somewhere and this place is growing at an enormous rate. Yes making a ready player one still world is a huge task but something like this is definitely the foundation.

34 minutes ago, SlidewaysZ said:

Well Oasis had to start somewhere and this place is growing at an enormous rate. Yes making a ready player one still world is a huge task but something like this is definitely the foundation.

not doubting you on concept, but the public interest is what drives the actual change, so they need to focus more on what people will be excited over instead of gimmicky moves that don't make sense at this point. Give people a smaller goal that they can see happening in the next few years, not a pipe dream 50 yrs down the rd

33 minutes ago, Jtalk4456 said:

not doubting you on concept, but the public interest is what drives the actual change, so they need to focus more on what people will be excited over instead of gimmicky moves that don't make sense at this point. Give people a smaller goal that they can see happening in the next few years, not a pipe dream 50 yrs down the rd

I agree I think right now outside of them getting some companies to buy in most of the stuff is user generated. Honestly the entire community is what makes that place great. Everyone is super friendly and chill. Basically right now it's just a virtual hangout spot which with covid and everything people seem to really enjoy. 

1 hour ago, Moonzy said:

pizza >>>> BTC

and that's a fact

I do love my pizza, but you could bend EmRata over that, for a year straight, on top of endless pizza, and it still wouldn't be worth $555 million dollars to me 😂

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

the first thing someone bought with bitcoin was a pizza

Everyone, Creator初音ミク Hatsune Miku Google commercial.

Cameras: Main: Canon 70D - Secondary: Panasonic GX85 - Spare: Samsung ST68. - Action cams: GoPro Hero+, Akaso EK7000pro

Dead cameras: Nikion s4000, Canon XTi

Pc's

Spoiler

Dell optiplex 5050 (main) - i5-6500- 20GB ram -500gb samsung 970 evo  500gb WD blue HDD - dvd r/w

HP compaq 8300 prebuilt - Intel i5-3470 - 8GB ram - 500GB HDD - bluray drive

old windows 7 gaming desktop - Intel i5 2400 - lenovo CIH61M V:1.0 - 4GB ram - 1TB HDD - dual DVD r/w

main laptop acer e5 15 - Intel i3 7th gen - 16GB ram - 1TB HDD - dvd drive                                                                     

school laptop lenovo 300e chromebook 2nd gen - Intel celeron - 4GB ram - 32GB SSD 

audio mac- 2017 apple macbook air A1466 EMC 3178

Any questions? pm me.

#Muricaparrotgang