How to configure a 2nd mining machine?

So I got another PC which can mine and i’m not exactly sure how to set up a new miner. What iv done so far is copy the phoenix miner files from my pc to the other one and just ran that. But when I check the progress on ethermine.org it only appears to have 1 PC repeating the hash rate, which is the new one, what do I need to do to configure it so I have 2 mining workers?

Is it mining? Do you see increased hashrate? You may have to change the worker name to see it pop up as a second one. Haven't been using ethermine for a while though.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

59 minutes ago, tikker said:

Is it mining? Do you see increased hashrate? You may have to change the worker name to see it pop up as a second one. Haven't been using ethermine for a while though.

Hi thank you for the reply, I managed to fix the issue. I’m using an older version of claymore miner, but the miner says phoenix miner when loading it. Anyway it appeared some of the text file code got deleted and I had to replace it and could change the miner name from their and it’s working now. Just another question if you are able to help?

Im getting $13 a day using a 3080 96MH and a 3070 58MH. What to mine says I should be getting $16 a day with this hardware, should I look into changing anything? I have been mining these GPUs in the same machine just today I put them in separate ones and they have been getting $13 so it isn’t an estimate.

9 hours ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Hi thank you for the reply, I managed to fix the issue. I’m using an older version of claymore miner, but the miner says phoenix miner when loading it. Anyway it appeared some of the text file code got deleted and I had to replace it and could change the miner name from their and it’s working now. Just another question if you are able to help?

Im getting $13 a day using a 3080 96MH and a 3070 58MH. What to mine says I should be getting $16 a day with this hardware, should I look into changing anything? I have been mining these GPUs in the same machine just today I put them in separate ones and they have been getting $13 so it isn’t an estimate.

Whattomine and other calculators just give an estimate of profitability on that day. For my whattomine is usually fairly accurate. If you hover over the buttons for the cards you can see what settings it assumes. Things like clocks and power draw could be different, as well as the current market. In the end it's also just an estimate. The only way to tell what you're really getting is to start mining.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

if you just copied the phoenix miner files then your config file is still the same. you need to edit the config file to name your second miner.

I mean you don't NEED to name them separately, but its highly recommended for observation/errors that way you can easily see if it was rig 1 or rig 2 or whatever you name them. i have one labeled as machine and one labeled as desktop. yes if i lose 50mh i could assume it was my desktop that crashed or maybe just a card went bad on the machine. but with them named separately i can easily see desktop went down. Also i recommend in the ethermine settings page to put your email address so if one machine goes down it shoots you an email, because i only check my rigs once every week or two unless i get an email one went down.

On 3/11/2021 at 7:06 PM, airborne spoon said:

if you just copied the phoenix miner files then your config file is still the same. you need to edit the config file to name your second miner.

I mean you don't NEED to name them separately, but its highly recommended for observation/errors that way you can easily see if it was rig 1 or rig 2 or whatever you name them. i have one labeled as machine and one labeled as desktop. yes if i lose 50mh i could assume it was my desktop that crashed or maybe just a card went bad on the machine. but with them named separately i can easily see desktop went down. Also i recommend in the ethermine settings page to put your email address so if one machine goes down it shoots you an email, because i only check my rigs once every week or two unless i get an email one went down.

Thanks, but I’m using a weird version of the miner and it didn’t let me change any of the rig info. Plus was only giving me $12 per with a 3080 and 3070 but now i’m using Nice Hash and i’m getting £13 which is about $16-18 and it’s much easier to set up.

4 hours ago, Daniel_1104 said:

Thanks, but I’m using a weird version of the miner and it didn’t let me change any of the rig info. Plus was only giving me $12 per with a 3080 and 3070 but now i’m using Nice Hash and i’m getting £13 which is about $16-18 and it’s much easier to set up.

You will make more money with phoenix miner on ethermine than you will on nicehash.

You should be running phoenix miner 5.5c I hink is the newest version. And the config file is the one you edit with all the info for mining.

If it wasn't running right it's an EPCAK problem and usually easily fixed by posting the config file and people can pojntout where you went wrong. Also with phoenix you need to run the file called phoneixminer.exe not any of the other files in the folder and it works great.