Is the Razer Cynosa light any good?

Stevenage

So im looking to get a new Keyboard, because my old Logitech Keyboard died recently. The Cynosa light is currently on sale for 35€ (40$) and im wondering if its worth the price. I kinda like Membrane switches actually, so its no problem that it is Membrane. I also really like Razers Rgb Software, so thats another thing that sounds good about it. Do you guys know any other good Keyboards for around 30$ to 45$? 

That seems like a pretty decent board for the price, didn't try it myself unfortunately. Membrane is no problem, they are just standard keys, not mechanical.

Make sure you get the Cynosa Lite Chroma if you want RGB, not the Cynosa Lite Essential, that one doesn't have RGB.

In your price range there are not many goods boards. Some of my suggestions (I'm in Europe though) are the Logitech G213 (when on sale), Corsair K55 RGB (also when on sale), MSI Vigor GK30, Cooler Master MK110, Sharkoon Skiller SGK4, Genesis Rhod RGB series. The first two I mentioned are the best, but usually above $50, I have both of them and I really like their RGB and quality for the price.

The Tecware phantom is $45 for the 87 key model, $49 for the 107 key model on amazon and comes with outemu brown switches, I think there may be a red switch version of it too. From what I have seen, the software is more basic but less cluttered, has key remapping and RGB control and that is pretty much it. Also comes with outemu hotswap sockets, so if you wanted to get different switches you can without having to solder (however you need to make sure that they are outemu socket compaible).

I've used the Razer ornata for around 4 years and it's ok. the main issue with it is that the WASD cluster feel far different from the rest of the keyboard now and are much more mushy, probably from the membrane being worn. I personally wouldn't buy a membrane keyboard with other, similarly priced, alternatives available.

Edit: also, iirc, the phantom has a steel plate rather than plastic, the ornata (and I would presume the cynosa too) is fully plastic, it's solid but does have some areas where it creaks and flexes; so that is something to keep in mind too if that sort of thing annoys you.

finally escaped fm2+

4 hours ago, lgcas said:

The Tecware phantom is $45 for the 87 key model, $49 for the 107 key model on amazon and comes with outemu brown switches

I just cheked that Board out on Amazon, but the problem is that its not available in my country. Ill keep checking iv it comes back into stock. ty