Optical Drive Stopped Detecting Discs

RRSniper

I have an LG HL-DT-ST-BD-RE WH14NS40 and I recently flashed some new firmware from 1.03 to 1.05. I'm on Windows 10 20H2. I got the firmware off of LG's site and the drive worked just fine. After a little while, I wanted to watch a movie, but now no discs work in the drive. It is detected and shows as working just fine, eject and everything works too, but no discs can be read. Any help would be appreciated.

47 minutes ago, RRSniper said:

I have an LG HL-DT-ST-BD-RE WH14NS40 and I recently flashed some new firmware from 1.03 to 1.05. I'm on Windows 10 20H2. I got the firmware off of LG's site and the drive worked just fine. After a little while, I wanted to watch a movie, but now no discs work in the drive. It is detected and shows as working just fine, eject and everything works too, but no discs can be read. Any help would be appreciated.

Driver rollback would be one possible test

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2021 at 12:43 AM, Bombastinator said:

Driver rollback would be one possible test

Sorry for the late reply, but rolling back the firmware sadly didn't work either which I found odd. I found that I can get a replacement for around 60 dollars though, so that shouldn't be too bad.