The most indecisive part of my upgrade path: the case. Help, suggestions, links welcome

PhoenixFire22588

I have been trying to find a case to replace the one I have for so long and I just can't decide. 

My three major concerns:

Airflow

Space

Material (kinda digging the tempered glass look these days)

I've already committed to the RGB theme for the rest of my build so it would be nice to find one keeping with the theme, though not nearly as important.

This is my current build:

PCPartPicker Part List
Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor $209.00 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler $39.99 @ Amazon
Motherboard Asus PRIME Z390-P ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory $94.99 @ Amazon
Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $63.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $41.99 @ Amazon
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $41.99 @ Amazon
Storage Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $55.49 @ Newegg
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER 6 GB SC ULTRA GAMING Video Card $739.99 @ Amazon
Case Thermaltake Level 10 GT ATX Full Tower Case  
Power Supply Corsair CXM 750 W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply $89.99 @ Amazon
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $108.78 @ Other World Computing
Case Fan Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm Fan $21.95 @ Amazon
Case Fan Cooler Master SickleFlow 62 CFM 120 mm Fan $16.98 @ Amazon
Monitor Asus VP279Q-P 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor $169.00 @ Adorama
Monitor Acer R271 bid 27.0" 1920x1080 60 Hz Monitor $182.83 @ Amazon
Monitor AOC 27G2 27.0" 1920x1080 144 Hz Monitor $209.99 @ Amazon
Keyboard Redragon K580 VATA RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard  
  Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts  
  Total $2086.95
  Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-03-08 21:31 EST-0500  

in the future there will be an 9900k and likely an AIO.

Overclocking is a factor. 

Thank you for your time 🙂

Meshify c.

You can find them at like 80$ in Newegg sometimes, 360mm rad support, and try comes in like 6 varients (white and black, plus dark+light tg and no TG),

And as a side note, it's an amazing case to work in, and the mesh front stops most of the dust.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Meshify c.

You can find them at like 80$ in Newegg sometimes, 360mm rad support, and try comes in like 6 varients (white and black, plus dark+light tg and no TG),

And as a side note, it's an amazing case to work in, and the mesh front stops most of the dust.

I do like the tempered glass variant. Looks pretty clean. Though I have 4 drives that need a slot. Only saw 2.

6 minutes ago, PhoenixFire22588 said:

I do like the tempered glass variant. Looks pretty clean. Though I have 4 drives that need a slot. Only saw 2.

4 hdds? Yeah, that's a problem. 

You would need to swap to 2 bigger drives, or transfer 2 of the hdds to ssds. (3 mounts for those)

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

I like my Lian Li Lancool II, a lot. Great case to build in and the air flow is top notch. Much bigger case than the Meshify though.

Are 1660 Supers really going for that much still? Damn. 😞

1 minute ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

4 hdds? Yeah, that's a problem. 

You would need to swap to 2 bigger drives, or transfer 2 of the hdds to ssds. (3 mounts for those)

1 ssd 3 hdds. 

I can probably replace one of the 1tb hdds with a 1tb ssd. 

is there a inside and outside requirements and a budget limit for the case? if you are looking for that style, thermaltake now makes the thermaltake levle 20 but its about $1000. corsair makes the biggest case you can currently buy without going into server tower size for $515 but it doesnt come with a single fan you have to spend extra to buy them or use the ones from the previous case. 

How to choose your next case - YouTube

Just now, Czargasm said:

I like my Lian Li Lancool II, a lot. Great case to build in and the air flow is top notch. Much bigger case than the Meshify though.

Right now my case is absolutely huge. Full size design for LAN parties complete with a key lock on the side panal. A true relic from a bygone age. I'm sure itll be smaller than what I have now lol. 

When I bought my 1660 Super it was $230 🙂

10 minutes ago, Czargasm said:

you got the regular lancool II or the mesh?

Just now, PhoenixFire22588 said:

you got the regular lancool II or the mesh?

mesh performance version, although I stripped all the case fans out of my build for a bunch of arctic p12's

Just now, Czargasm said:

mesh performance version, although I stripped all the case fans out of my build for a bunch of arctic p12's

Probably a novice question here but what would distinguish a "performance version" from standard?

They have a fan controller on the top by the power switch instead of a thing to control RGB lights and they come with different fans (2x black 140mm 1x black 120mm in the back).. I like being able to control all the fans in the case with a switch.

The other version comes with 3x RGB in the front and a non rgb in the back. 

1 minute ago, Czargasm said:

They have a fan controller on the top by the power switch instead of a thing to control RGB lights and they come with different fans (2x black 140mm 1x black 120mm in the back).. I like being able to control all the fans in the case with a switch.

The other version comes with 3x RGB in the front and a non rgb in the back. 

I would absolutely prefer the fan controller over an RGB controller. Thank you for the information. 

On 3/8/2021 at 9:53 PM, PhoenixFire22588 said:

1 ssd 3 hdds. 

I can probably replace one of the 1tb hdds with a 1tb ssd. 

I also have the Lancool 2 Mesh Performance. It will hold all your current drives. 

There is a HD cage in the PSU shroud for 3 HDDs and there are slots for 4 SSDs on the other side. 

Hopefully you can see in these photos...

357966171_Assembledforfirsttime.jpg.968f79dade67e8a84481ba29d55fa810.jpg1487262134_HowtogetSATApowertoeverything.jpg.f7429c208cb16c8320f4216989f13f14.jpg

My 2020 Upgrade: CPU: Ryzen 5 3600; MB: MSI X570 Tomohawk WiFi; Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600 MHz; Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance; PSU: Corsair RM550X 80+ Gold; Storage: WD Blue 500GB SSD; Seagate 4TB Compute HDD; Monitor: GIGABYTE G34WQC 34" 144Hz Curved Gaming Monitor, 3440 x 1440 VA 1500R Display

Previous Components Still Using: GPU: MSI GTX 1070 (bought Used); Storage: WD 3TB Green HDD,WD 1TB Black HDD, SanDisk SSD PLUS 240GB

Previous Monitor I want to VESA mount: LG 29UB55-B 29" Ultrawide 1080p 60Hz IPS