Assistance Please - Config Choices and Missing Component Options

NardsIsh

Hi

I am still trying to get all the components right for my son’s build, and I have most that I am pretty confident but would really appreciate it if someone could not only double check the components I have selected and if possible, please assist with the ones I am stumped on?

I’m pretty set on #1-6 (but I always happy if anyone has recommendations for alternatives), and I know some may be “over-kill” but they are on sale so I thought “why not?”

1. Case – Cougar Conquer 2 -with Onboard lighting system Trelux lighting with Addressable RGB LEDS  (A MUST although instructions say "one area for vertical GPU mounting" can my choice of GPU be vertically mounted?)

2. AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7Ghz 12 Core 24 Thread AM4 (A MUST)

3. Sapphire Radeon RX 6800 XT NITRO+ SE 16GB GDDR6 (A MUST)

4. Corsair 32GB (2×16GB) DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro SL C18 3600Mhz

5. Corsair HX1000 1000W 80PLUS Platinum Modular Power Supply (on sale)

6. Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB M.2 NVMe SSD

I really need recommendations please for the following components:-

• Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi or Rog Strix X570-E Gaming (on sale) Need HDMI as I will be using an Elgato HD60S+ with the PC

• Sleeved Cables (do I need these?)

• CPU Cooler

• Fans

Instructions with the case say that the case can support the following:
Max CPU Cooler Height 150mm

Water Cooling Support:-
Front 240mm/120mm
Top 360mm/240mm/120mm

Fan Support:-
Front 120mm x 2 + 120mm x 1 (preinstalled Cougar ARGB fan)
Top 120mm x3

Now my ignorant questions lol Should I keep Cooler/Fans all the “Cougar” brand ie for the sync lighting or does it not matter? Or should they or match the PSU brand and or Motherboard brand etc?

Also do I make the RAM Non-RGB? Or again does that not matter?

Sincerest apologies but my son threw a curve ball at me with this one and we have gone from “no lights” to Lights R Us

Also just confuse my decisions even further, can anyone please advise as to whether the following configs are better than my choices?

#1 $3,499
Ryzen 9 5900X
AsRock X570 Taichi
G.Skill Royal 32GB (2x16GB) 3600MHz (Diamond Silver)
AsRock RX 6800XT Taichi OC

#2 $4,099
Ryzen 9 5950X
AsRock X570 Taichi
AsRock RX 6900 XT 16GB OC

For those in dark mode

Spoiler

Hi

I am still trying to get all the components right for my son’s build, and I have most that I am pretty confident but would really appreciate it if someone could not only double check the components I have selected and if possible, please assist with the ones I am stumped on?

I’m pretty set on #1-6 (but I always happy if anyone has recommendations for alternatives), and I know some may be “over-kill” but they are on sale so I thought “why not?”

1. Case – Cougar Conquer 2 -with Onboard lighting system Trelux lighting with Addressable RGB LEDS  (A MUST although instructions say "one area for vertical GPU mounting" can my choice of GPU be vertically mounted?)

4. Corsair 32GB (2×16GB) DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro SL C18 3600Mhz

• Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi or Rog Strix X570-E Gaming (on sale)

• CPU Cooler

• Fans

Front 240mm/120mm
Top 360mm/240mm/120mm

Top 120mm x3

Now my ignorant questions lol Should I keep Cooler/Fans all the “Cougar” brand ie for the sync lighting or does it not matter? Or should they or match the PSU brand and or Motherboard brand etc?

Sincerest apologies but my son threw a curve ball at me with this one and we have gone from “no lights” to Lights R Us

Also just confuse my decisions even further, can anyone please advise as to whether the following configs are better than my choices?

#1 $3,499
Ryzen 9 5900X
AsRock X570 Taichi

#2 $4,099
Ryzen 9 5950X
AsRock X570 Taichi

What does your son plan on doing with this build? Gaming(at what resolution and refresh rate), streaming, editing, workstation etc.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Ok to be honest what your doing for your son is BEYOND kind but what child needs a 4000 dollar pc.

Other then that. you might want to just get a b550 f or one of the x570 boards,

for you cpu cooler, i would go with the 360r msi aio for around 130 dollars, i think.

sleeved cables, depends, are you doing a color scheme?

fans, thats tough, if you have a lot of money, i mean a LOT, go with the 3 pack of ll120s from corsair

Thank you

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

4 minutes ago, the communist potato said:

Ok to be honest what your doing for your son is BEYOND kind but what child needs a 4000 dollar pc.

Other then that. you might want to just get a b550 f or one of the x570 boards,

for you cpu cooler, i would go with the 360r msi aio for around 130 dollars, i think.

sleeved cables, depends, are you doing a color scheme?

fans, thats tough, if you have a lot of money, i mean a LOT, go with the 3 pack of ll120s from corsair

Thank you

We know that the rig is totally overkill, but our son is Autistic and is 100% committed to being a YouTuber and streaming his Xbox and PC gaming. As there is so much competition out there, we want to make sure that there is no "come back" on us, so to speak, on any "quality" issues due to any sub-par choices of components. Also, we are not wanting to go through this again and have to upgrade components "too soon" so are also trying to future proof the initial PC as much as we can.

in terms of streaming i do believe the NVIDIA GPU's do a better job than amd, though im not 100% on that

12 minutes ago, NardsIsh said:

We know that the rig is totally overkill, but our son is Autistic and is 100% committed to being a YouTuber and streaming his Xbox and PC gaming. As there is so much competition out there, we want to make sure that there is no "come back" on us, so to speak, on any "quality" issues due to any sub-par choices of components. Also, we are not wanting to go through this again and have to upgrade components "too soon" so are also trying to future proof the initial PC as much as we can.

For streaming and video editing, you should be looking at a 3080 over the 6800 xt. The 6800 xt and 6900 xt do much better when you aren't streaming. The Nvidia options are also much better for editing. 

I understand wanting to be 100% behind your child. If you want to shave some off and expand storage we can for sure help with that. If he's editing and saving raw video in a high quality format he'll use up that 2tb before you know it. Ram could be swapped out for cheaper (but still RGB) and use that to add a large HDD. There's some other small spots that can be shaved too.

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

25 minutes ago, NardsIsh said:

Ok, I understand, but however, what games will your son be playing?

If its fortnite, that pc is way over the top.

If he plans on playing more competitive games like warzone or apex at 1440p, this is pretty balanced.

But anything that is less demanding then those 2 games, that pc is overkill my friend.

Oh yeah and quoting IkeaGnome here, amd gpus are good, just not for streaming, the encoder is not the best.

Also, going with nvidia here will get you dlss and 2nd gen rt cores, AND, if you are willing to pay the premium, you get gddr6x memory, its fast.

21 hours ago, the communist potato said:

Ok, I understand, but however, what games will your son be playing?

If its fortnite, that pc is way over the top.

If he plans on playing more competitive games like warzone or apex at 1440p, this is pretty balanced.

But anything that is less demanding then those 2 games, that pc is overkill my friend.

Oh yeah and quoting IkeaGnome here, amd gpus are good, just not for streaming, the encoder is not the best.

Also, going with nvidia here will get you dlss and 2nd gen rt cores, AND, if you are willing to pay the premium, you get gddr6x memory, its fast.

Hi some of the games he plays are Cyberpunk 2077; Fortnite; GTA; DOOM Eternal; Dauntless; Amoung Us; Minecraft; Predator Hunting Grounds; Satisfactory; The Isle; Fall guys; Assassin's Creed Valhalla; Far Cry Editions; Red Dawn Redemption 2; Battlefield V; Sub nautical; ROBLOX

I did initially have a Ryzen 9 5900x and RTX 3080 build in mind. Would that be the better way to go?  If so are you able to please recommend any matching components?

Just now, NardsIsh said:

Hi some of the games he plays are Cyberpunk 2077; Fortnite; GTA; DOOM Eternal; Dauntless; Amoung Us; Minecraft; Predator Hunting Grounds; Satisfactory; The Isle; Fall guys; Assassin's Creed Valhalla; Far Cry Editions; Red Dawn Redemption 2; Battlefield V; Sub nautical; ROBLOX

I did initially have a Ryzen 9 5900x and RTX 3080 build in mind. Would that be the better way to go?  If so are you able to please recommend any matching components?

So 5900x and 3080 is a strong pairing that will not have any slow downs anytime soon, some ram I would recommend is the 16gb 3200 cl14 kit from gskill, it’s not the fastest ever, but cl14 is very good or just get a 32gb 3600 kit if he’s streaming. A good x570 board would be good, a m.2 nvme ssd is a must, should be gen 4 if he cares about loading times, a solid 360mm ail would be good if he also plans to overclock, a 850w psu would technically be enough, but if you want to be safe, go with a cx1000 from Corsair, and the case must have 360mm radiator support, and just pick up some ll120 fans for some nice rgb and cooling

never mind a 750w psu is fine for what it is

On 3/9/2021 at 9:28 AM, IkeaGnome said:

For those in dark mode

Hide contents

Hi

1. Case – Cougar Conquer 2 -with Onboard lighting system Trelux lighting with Addressable RGB LEDS  (A MUST although instructions say "one area for vertical GPU mounting" can my choice of GPU be vertically mounted?)

4. Corsair 32GB (2×16GB) DDR4 Vengeance RGB Pro SL C18 3600Mhz

• Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro Wifi or Rog Strix X570-E Gaming (on sale)

• CPU Cooler

• Fans

Front 240mm/120mm
Top 360mm/240mm/120mm

Top 120mm x3

#1 $3,499
Ryzen 9 5900X
AsRock X570 Taichi

#2 $4,099
Ryzen 9 5950X
AsRock X570 Taichi

What does your son plan on doing with this build? Gaming(at what resolution and refresh rate), streaming, editing, workstation etc.

Hi

The plans are to capture his gameplay on his Xbox One through Elgato HD60S+ and upload to Youtube, however it would be edited the gameplay first on the PC (which I need it to be easy as I will more than likely be the one doing that part).

He also plans to game on his PC. The games he plays are Cyberpunk 2077; Fortnite; GTA; DOOM Eternal; Dauntless; Amoung Us; Minecraft; Predator Hunting Grounds; Satisfactory; The Isle; Fall guys; Assassin's Creed Valhalla; Far Cry Editions; Red Dawn Redemption 2; Battlefield V; Sub nautical; ROBLOX (plus I'm sure he'll find many more)

Basically we want him to have gameplay that is good quality as he is completely set on doing this and we know there's so much competition for this kind of thing out there we want to "set him" with the best chance from the beginning. Also, although we know upgrading is inedible, we wanted to try future proof the PC as much as possible from the start too so we weren't having to upgrade any components "too soon"

13 hours ago, NardsIsh said:

The plans are to capture his gameplay on his Xbox One through Elgato HD60S+ and upload to Youtube, however it would be edited the gameplay first on the PC (which I need it to be easy as I will more than likely be the one doing that part).

He also plans to game on his PC. The games he plays are Cyberpunk 2077; Fortnite; GTA; DOOM Eternal; Dauntless; Amoung Us; Minecraft; Predator Hunting Grounds; Satisfactory; The Isle; Fall guys; Assassin's Creed Valhalla; Far Cry Editions; Red Dawn Redemption 2; Battlefield V; Sub nautical; ROBLOX (plus I'm sure he'll find many more)

This can be done for much cheaper and still keep RGB and all that.

13 hours ago, NardsIsh said:

Basically we want him to have gameplay that is good quality as he is completely set on doing this and we know there's so much competition for this kind of thing out there we want to "set him" with the best chance from the beginning. Also, although we know upgrading is inedible, we wanted to try future proof the PC as much as possible from the start too so we weren't having to upgrade any components "too soon"

Just be aware that a CPU upgrade in the future could also need motherboard and potentially RAM. Current Ryzen CPUs are the last on this platform depending on what rumors are believed. It's also believed that that the next gen Intel(after 11 series) will be swapped over to DDR5.

For video editing and streaming I would highly recommend going with Nvidia. The only reason I went with an AMD GPU is because I don't do either of those. AMD still it's quite as competitive with NVIDIA on either of those fronts.

The Cougar case has room for a 360 AIO and 2 other fans. I only put one in the PCPP list, but it's the one that matches the AIO. I went with the ROG of your two picks. I don't know how much it's on sale for. If it's not very much it probably doesn't make sense to go for it. Does your son need wifi built into the motherboard or is he able to run ethernet to the pc? We could also shave a little bit more off if he doesn't need all the USB ports.

The annoying part about RGB is that all the big brands, Asus, Corsair, Gigabyte all use different software. It's easiest to get as much of it from one brand of compatible brands as you can. With this set up you would use Aura Sync installed on the computer, but run it all through Corsair iCue so you can sync with the RAM. I went away from the Trident RAM just because of the price (You could still swap it back if he has to have it, but this shaved $100 off).

Here's what I would do that's as close to your specs as I could.

You could also step the motherboard down a little bit, change the m.2 to one that will have no noticeable difference to him and add a 4tb HDD with this one. Would give room for more raw footage for editing. I also stepped the PSU down to an 850 watt in this build. It's more than enough for the 3080, but you could leave it 1000W if you wanted.

Both of these builds would last him a very long time. I did forget to add the $550 MSRP of the 5900x in both builds. I would be patient with this build though. That CPU and all GPUs are super hard to get right now. 

On 3/8/2021 at 4:28 PM, IkeaGnome said:

As far as this original question goes, it's best to try to build it around the motherboard brand. The PC case it's self has no RGB or fans so it's an easy one to make compatible with just about anything. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 3/9/2021 at 9:56 AM, IkeaGnome said:

For streaming and video editing, you should be looking at a 3080 over the 6800 xt. The 6800 xt and 6900 xt do much better when you aren't streaming. The Nvidia options are also much better for editing. 

I understand wanting to be 100% behind your child. If you want to shave some off and expand storage we can for sure help with that. If he's editing and saving raw video in a high quality format he'll use up that 2tb before you know it. Ram could be swapped out for cheaper (but still RGB) and use that to add a large HDD. There's some other small spots that can be shaved too.

Hi many thanks for your reply.  I've not been well so is taking me a while to get my head back "on PC". 

I was really worried about the storage side of things as I have no idea what is needed, so please, I would be grateful for any insight in that department too.

Please also excuse my ignorance, but I thought you had to have good RAM to support the CPU? 've research the heck out of RAM thinking I had to keep the latency low for the CPU and have settled (but not committed ...yet) on G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Latency 16-16-16-36 Even though I have researched through AMD compatible site etc I still do not understand RAM but did read that having a lower latency is better? 

I've also have pretty much decided on the motherboard, Rog Strix X570-E Gaming as it ticks all the boxes.

Again I know "over kill" but we are kinda looking at it like "cutting corners" so to speak is kinda like well....cutting corners...and we're of the mind, if we're in, we're in. I'm probably asking for too much but I just want everything to be compatible and work to their potential, and hoping that doing it that way it will reduce the need for any "upgrades" too soon. Or is that not the best way?

Honestly I am completely open to any suggestions in any areas as I have only had Mr Google to compile my components from and we all know that Mr Google says very contradicting things sometimes...lol 

On 3/11/2021 at 1:51 AM, IkeaGnome said:

This can be done for much cheaper and still keep RGB and all that.

Just be aware that a CPU upgrade in the future could also need motherboard and potentially RAM. Current Ryzen CPUs are the last on this platform depending on what rumors are believed. It's also believed that that the next gen Intel(after 11 series) will be swapped over to DDR5.

For video editing and streaming I would highly recommend going with Nvidia. The only reason I went with an AMD GPU is because I don't do either of those. AMD still it's quite as competitive with NVIDIA on either of those fronts.

The Cougar case has room for a 360 AIO and 2 other fans. I only put one in the PCPP list, but it's the one that matches the AIO. I went with the ROG of your two picks. I don't know how much it's on sale for. If it's not very much it probably doesn't make sense to go for it. Does your son need wifi built into the motherboard or is he able to run ethernet to the pc? We could also shave a little bit more off if he doesn't need all the USB ports.

The annoying part about RGB is that all the big brands, Asus, Corsair, Gigabyte all use different software. It's easiest to get as much of it from one brand of compatible brands as you can. With this set up you would use Aura Sync installed on the computer, but run it all through Corsair iCue so you can sync with the RAM. I went away from the Trident RAM just because of the price (You could still swap it back if he has to have it, but this shaved $100 off).

Here's what I would do that's as close to your specs as I could.

You could also step the motherboard down a little bit, change the m.2 to one that will have no noticeable difference to him and add a 4tb HDD with this one. Would give room for more raw footage for editing. I also stepped the PSU down to an 850 watt in this build. It's more than enough for the 3080, but you could leave it 1000W if you wanted.

Both of these builds would last him a very long time. I did forget to add the $550 MSRP of the 5900x in both builds. I would be patient with this build though. That CPU and all GPUs are super hard to get right now. 

As far as this original question goes, it's best to try to build it around the motherboard brand. The PC case it's self has no RGB or fans so it's an easy one to make compatible with just about anything. 

Hi I truly appreciate your help.

Apologies for my delayed response but I’m not always well.

That The first build you suggested pretty much nailed the re-config’d build I came up with whilst bedridden.

The only thing I had different to your build was obviously the RAM, as that is becoming a thorn in my side lol and I had Barracuda 4TB HDD (but will suss out your option). I also had a different GPU as I have access to one now, it is the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10G which “apparently” boost clock is 1800MHz compared to Asus Tuf @1785MHz (but is it better, I have no idea?).

I did also consider the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB alternate option to the Samsung 970 Evo? May I please have your thoughts on the two options?

I definitely tried building around the motherboard, but then kept getting stumped on which one to get every time I cross checked compatible components for which ever one I had in mind, but I’m now 100% on the ROG Strix-E Gaming now though as it ticks all the boxes (and yes WiFi is a Must).

I did have a question with the Cooler, and my sincerest apologies in advance for my ignorance on this one, but as the case accommodates 1x 360mm to the bottom and 1x 240mm to the top, would that not then mean I buy both?

I am worried though, how is the Cougar preinstalled fan going to configure or is it just easier to have all Cougar brand? Which if it is easier I will do it, I just wish they had lower reported dB.. lol

Again, I cannot thank you enough for your help with this.

6 hours ago, NardsIsh said:

Hi I truly appreciate your help.

Apologies for my delayed response but I’m not always well.

That The first build you suggested pretty much nailed the re-config’d build I came up with whilst bedridden.

The only thing I had different to your build was obviously the RAM, as that is becoming a thorn in my side lol and I had Barracuda 4TB HDD (but will suss out your option). I also had a different GPU as I have access to one now, it is the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 VISION OC 10G which “apparently” boost clock is 1800MHz compared to Asus Tuf @1785MHz (but is it better, I have no idea?).

I did also consider the AORUS NVMe Gen4 SSD 2TB alternate option to the Samsung 970 Evo? May I please have your thoughts on the two options?

I definitely tried building around the motherboard, but then kept getting stumped on which one to get every time I cross checked compatible components for which ever one I had in mind, but I’m now 100% on the ROG Strix-E Gaming now though as it ticks all the boxes (and yes WiFi is a Must).

I did have a question with the Cooler, and my sincerest apologies in advance for my ignorance on this one, but as the case accommodates 1x 360mm to the bottom and 1x 240mm to the top, would that not then mean I buy both?

I am worried though, how is the Cougar preinstalled fan going to configure or is it just easier to have all Cougar brand? Which if it is easier I will do it, I just wish they had lower reported dB.. lol

Again, I cannot thank you enough for your help with this.

you're welcome for the help, if you need any more help, just post again in this thread

oh yeah and when the builds done, could you send a picture?

cheers

9 hours ago, NardsIsh said:

but I thought you had to have good RAM to support the CPU? 've research the heck out of RAM thinking I had to keep the latency low for the CPU and have settled (but not committed ...yet) on G.Skill F4-3600C16D-32GTZN Trident Z Neo RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Latency 16-16-16-36

So keep in mind here that there's only a couple companies that make the actual memory chips that go on RAM. It's the old Coke vs Safeway brand Coke. Same thing, different price because you're paying for the "Coke" brand. The other thing too is that just because kit A from Trident uses Samsung modules doesn't mean they all will. They all kind of go with what they can get at the time. This is why buying a kit now, and then buying a kit later of the same part number might actually not work as well as it does. You might buy a 16 gig kit now that has Samsung dies and the same kit later could have Hynix dies. That's what I meant by cutting corners there. 

When I said cutting corners I wasn't actually talking about losing performance. I was more or less talking about "This part will be virtually the same at a fraction of the cost."

9 hours ago, NardsIsh said:

Again I know "over kill" but we are kinda looking at it like "cutting corners" so to speak is kinda like well....cutting corners...and we're of the mind, if we're in, we're in. I'm probably asking for too much but I just want everything to be compatible and work to their potential, and hoping that doing it that way it will reduce the need for any "upgrades" too soon. Or is that not the best way?

If you had your way. In the perfect world. Completely specc'd out overkill build, what would it cost?

This is another one of those things where if you have to have it, go for it. Besides LMG and other very very high end video editors(6k 8k, slow motion cameras etc) very few people will actually fully utilize gen 3 m.2 let alone gen 4. Give this video a watch if you haven't already. I don't edit videos, so I only know what I've read or watched on performance in that side of things. 

Spoiler

If you're not planning on doing heavy overclocking, that's kind of how you have to find a motherboard. That's how I went with my b550 that I use. I'll tag the resident motherboard VRM genius and see their thoughts on the z570 ROG Strix-E Gaming for a 5900x or 5950x just to make sure there isn't something getting missed there. @Jurrunio

Because of how an AIO works, you can fit one or the other. If you wanted a 360 and 240mm you'd have to go custom loop. You can't just buy an AIO and add another radiator to it. So if you wanted a 360mm you'd do the 360mm in the bottom and two 120mm fans in the top for airflow. Or vice versa. 3x120mm fans and a 240mm AIO. I'd go 360mm AIO if you're going to go that route. 

I couldn't easily find a part number on the fans, but I found a really good review on that case. Since it's all open, it will be a loud case, but components will want to be cooler because it's not as limited by side panels. GamersNexus does amazing reviews and are really good about showing how they got their work. They're a great resource for real, accurate, repeatable reviews. Basically, if you want the case to be really quiet, you have to get really quiet fans. Noctua tends to be top of the line here, but won't be RGB. So that leaves you with noise vs cooling for RGB. I did find the spec page for the cougar fans. It looks to me like if you have the orange ones that come with the case, they're red LED only. So they won't sync with the motherboard and other fans' RGB.

https://cougargaming.com/us/products/cooling/cfd_red_led_fan/

Spoiler

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, tire said:

cheers

Of course! It will be his pride and joy so it would be my pleasure.

Fingers crossed the project is a success lol 

Oh that’s the wrong case... I’ve attached the video they have for the one he wants, but not 100% sure if it’s a little bit open or has the tempered glass?

DB564BDA-F03C-4009-90D6-F8BB0AEEBFF4.jpeg

3 hours ago, tire said:

cheers

Oh sorry Tire there is one thing I forgot to ask... how would I update the BIOS on the motherboard?

16 minutes ago, NardsIsh said:

Oh that’s the wrong case...

It looks compatible with Asus Aura. If you go to the manual for the Conquer 2, it uses this "Cougar Core Box"

Which according to ASUS appears to be compatible.

I'm not sure whats out there for reviews on this specific case. 

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.php

5 minutes ago, NardsIsh said:

how would I update the BIOS on the motherboard?

For the z570E, you would go to the ASUS site for that motherboard, download the latest BIOS.

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

And then follow these steps.

https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-motherboard-innovations/usb-bios-flashback/

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

51 minutes ago, NardsIsh said:

Oh sorry Tire there is one thing I forgot to ask... how would I update the BIOS on the motherboard?

might have to get a older but still compatible cpu to boot into the bios, you will have to maybe download the bios onto a usb drive, if the motherboard supports usb bios updates

1 hour ago, tire said:

might have to get a older but still compatible cpu to boot into the bios, you will have to maybe download the bios onto a usb drive, if the motherboard supports usb bios updates

No they don't. The ROG Z570E supports Bios Flashback.

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

On 3/14/2021 at 8:59 AM, IkeaGnome said:

No they don't. The ROG Z570E supports Bios Flashback.

On 3/14/2021 at 6:28 AM, IkeaGnome said:

It looks compatible with Asus Aura. If you go to the manual for the Conquer 2, it uses this "Cougar Core Box"

Which according to ASUS appears to be compatible.

I'm not sure whats out there for reviews on this specific case. 

https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/us/Partners-and-promotions.php

For the z570E, you would go to the ASUS site for that motherboard, download the latest BIOS.

https://rog.asus.com/motherboards/rog-strix/rog-strix-x570-e-gaming-model/helpdesk_bios

And then follow these steps.

https://rog.asus.com/technology/rog-motherboard-innovations/usb-bios-flashback/

After a bit more research and seeing other Cougar Conquer 2 builds, my son is now unsure whether he wants that case as apparenty it is partially open and the work inside is blocked by the orange wing on the side of the case.  So he is now having me research the Jonsbo Mod3 case and it's requirements....OMG it feels like this nightmare is a continous circle

Jonsbo MOD3 manual.pdf