Is the Asus TUF A15 worth it?

I recently had to move and sell my whole gaming rig (8700k, 2080 and 240hz). The idea is to get a temporary laptop to game Apex until I have job stability and can build a custom set up. Looking to spend the least possible money without making a bad choice.

Found this version of the TUF A15 in Amazon Spain: 

https://www.amazon.es/ASUS-TUF-Gaming-FX506LH-BQ034-Hoguera-Teclado/dp/B08DNKWTBS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=asus+tuf+a15&qid=1615249954&sprefix=asus+tuf&sr=8-1

It has really nice reviews, and I understand the cons of having a laptop (heat). But wouldn't want to hit that 'buy' button before consulting with the forums.

Thanks in advanced!!

Link didn’t work and when I copy/pasted it just locked up

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

18 minutes ago, Soujiro89 said:

That worked.  I’m not sure how much good I’ll be though.  I had to look through a slit past “personalizar cookies” which seemed like a bad idea, but it seems to be a mobile 1650 and an intel 10300h https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201839/intel-core-i5-10300h-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

for 800 euros. 

it’s an i5 4/8 at 2.5-4.5ghz which is faster than my 2014 desktop but not by all that much.  It will probably game at 1080p for the time being at least.  TUF seems to me to be the sort of “quick and dirty” brand for asus.  Section specializes in getting stuff out fast for reasonable prices.  This may have been the model that got modded for ryzen chips by sticking in paper grill covers inside the machine.   Not sure. Memory and ssd seem sufficient though. Memory maxes at 2933 for that cpu.  Couldn’t find memory speed for the machine, but there’s a decent chance it’s 2933 too.  Unless it’s 2666 or 2133

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

That worked.  I’m not sure how much good I’ll be though.  I had to look through a slit past “personalizar cookies” which seemed like a bad idea, but it seems to be a mobile 1650 and an intel 10300h https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/201839/intel-core-i5-10300h-processor-8m-cache-up-to-4-50-ghz.html

for 800 euros. 

it’s an i5 4/8 at 2.5-4.5ghz which is faster than my 2014 desktop but not by all that much.  It will probably game at 1080p for the time being at least.  TUF seems to me to be the sort of “quick and dirty” brand for asus.  Section specializes in getting stuff out fast for reasonable prices.  This may have been the model that got modded for ryzen chips by sticking in paper grill covers inside the machine.   Not sure. Memory and ssd seem sufficient though. Memory maxes at 2933 for that cpu.  Couldn’t find memory speed for the machine, but there’s a decent chance it’s 2933 too.  Unless it’s 2666 or 2133

"Personalizar cookies" means "customized cookies". Haha don't worry, it just lets you tweak cookies, as per the EU privacy law. 

Yeah, I get the feeling it's quick and dirty. Maybe it will cover me for a year, and by that time I hope to have gotten a proper desktop pc ready. My main gripe is if I get something in the thousand euro range, it will be more durable and hopefully resellable. Or skipping the dedicated GPU isle and get a more reliable product for the long term.

Worst case scenario is having a 700 euro paperweight collecting dust by 2022. Best case is something to lite game when not at home, or when a guest comes over and wants to lan party. 

57 minutes ago, Soujiro89 said:

"Personalizar cookies" means "customized cookies". Haha don't worry, it just lets you tweak cookies, as per the EU privacy law. 

Yeah, I get the feeling it's quick and dirty. Maybe it will cover me for a year, and by that time I hope to have gotten a proper desktop pc ready. My main gripe is if I get something in the thousand euro range, it will be more durable and hopefully resellable. Or skipping the dedicated GPU isle and get a more reliable product for the long term.

Worst case scenario is having a 700 euro paperweight collecting dust by 2022. Best case is something to lite game when not at home, or when a guest comes over and wants to lan party. 

Well I can tell you the TUF that got really badly panned isn’t that one because the one people had harsh words for was a ryzen conversion and that’s not ryzen.