Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Asrock B450m Pro4 troubleshoot

Go to solution Solved by cbass_castillo,
8 minutes ago, Adrian12 said:

Maybe do an RMA if they don't work, but try that, i dont know what else to recommend unless you can somehow get a gpu from somewhere

Yes im trying to find some good one like a 2070 but the seller is lagging. 

Need help. I have a B450 Pro 4 and with it, Ryzen 5 3600, Ripjaws V 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400(x2), Thermaltake psu  500watt. There is no storage or GPU. I try to turn it on so I know there is power running and I did no mistake. I try to turn it on by shorting the power pins and no sign. Do I need to have a GPU and storage connected to see if it at least power on? 

2 minutes ago, cbass_castillo said:

Need help. I have a B450 Pro 4 and with it, Ryzen 5 3600, Ripjaws V 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400(x2), Thermaltake psu  500watt. There is no storage or GPU. I try to turn it on so I know there is power running and I did no mistake. I try to turn it on by shorting the power pins and no sign. Do I need to have a GPU and storage connected to see if it at least power on? 

Yes you need to have a gpu to see output, but by shorting the power pins it should work, ive done it with an old gigabyte motherboard and it had nothing but a psu. Check if its the PSU or if the board is damaged.

Well everything I listed is just a day old. But thanks 🙂 I'll try to do that out of the case and see at least the fan will spin.

4 minutes ago, cbass_castillo said:

Well everything I listed is just a day old. But thanks 🙂 I'll try to do that out of the case and see at least the fan will spin.

Maybe do an RMA if they don't work, but try that, i dont know what else to recommend unless you can somehow get a gpu from somewhere

8 minutes ago, Adrian12 said:

Yes im trying to find some good one like a 2070 but the seller is lagging. 

3 hours ago, Adrian12 said:

Im an idiot. I was doing the short in (COM) and remember the headers are mostly in the corner. Rookie mistake lol..

7 hours ago, cbass_castillo said:

Im an idiot. I was doing the short in (COM) and remember the headers are mostly in the corner. Rookie mistake lol..

Oh well, at least you got a laugh out of it!