PC sometimes doesn't identify correct monitor resolution

rapidkillerx

Sometimes, my computer won't recognize the proper screen resolution. It thinks it's way smaller than it actually is [480p i believe (maybe even 240p), instead of the corect 1080p] This seems to happen when I turn it on after it's been off for some time, but it doesn't happen all of the time. Every time but once, I've been able to fix by a simple restart, so it hasn't been a high priority concern of mine. (the one time a restart didn't fix i just left it alone for the night and it was fine in the morning)

Anyone have a diagnosis or any suggestions?
I have a little bit of an odd system, as I bought the PC slowly and kinda ran out of money for a GPU lmao:
Ryzen 5 3600X

16GB 3200 MHz RAM

MSI B-550 A PRO motherboard

EVGA GTX 960

monitor is a NEC MultiSync EA244WMi, crappy monitor that my dad used to use lol. It's running on a generic PnP monitor driver. driver is from 2006 but its the most up to date one

CPU: AMD 3600X

GPU: Nvidia 3070 (planned)

motherboard: MSI B500-A PRO

memory: G Skill Ripjaws V 2x8 GB 3600Mhz CL16

PSU: EVGA B3 650@

Case: NZXT H510

wireless network adapter: intel ax200

The first step would be to uninstall GPU drivers with DDU. Then downloading the latets ones from Nvida's website, then install them and see what happens after that.

Please mention or quote me if you want a response. :) 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

19 minutes ago, rapidkillerx said:

Sometimes, my computer won't recognize the proper screen resolution. It thinks it's way smaller than it actually is [480p i believe (maybe even 240p), instead of the corect 1080p] This seems to happen when I turn it on after it's been off for some time, but it doesn't happen all of the time. Every time but once, I've been able to fix by a simple restart, so it hasn't been a high priority concern of mine. (the one time a restart didn't fix i just left it alone for the night and it was fine in the morning)

Anyone have a diagnosis or any suggestions?
I have a little bit of an odd system, as I bought the PC slowly and kinda ran out of money for a GPU lmao:
Ryzen 5 3600X

16GB 3200 MHz RAM

MSI B-550 A PRO motherboard

EVGA GTX 960

monitor is a NEC MultiSync EA244WMi, crappy monitor that my dad used to use lol. It's running on a generic PnP monitor driver. driver is from 2006 but its the most up to date one

whats your current gpu driver version?

hi, im renata bliss and am ur freestyle dance teacher