Gigabyte B450m Ds3h overclock query

I wanted to know whether CPU OC's are stable in gigabyte b450m Ds3h are the VRM's able to handle them

Mention your OC's and how stable are they

Ryzen 5 2400G -B450M DS3H Motherboard (Gigabyte) - 16GB RAM (CL 16, 3000MHz) - 240GB SSD (Kingston) - 1TB HDD(Seagate) - 450W PSU (Corsair) 

Ryzen 5 2600 can handle 4.0 on a DS3H, 1.36 volts (at least, the one I had my hands on)

The board offers pretty adequate support for 6 core CPUs. Haven't tried an 8 core tho.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

2 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Ryzen 5 2600 can handle 4.0 on a DS3H, 1.36 volts (at least, the one I had my hands on)

The board offers pretty adequate support for 6 core CPUs. Haven't tried an 8 core tho.

I'm having a R5 2400g at 3.6 GHz stock and I am barely able to go to 3.7Ghz without the the system not posting...What to do ???

Ryzen 5 2400G -B450M DS3H Motherboard (Gigabyte) - 16GB RAM (CL 16, 3000MHz) - 240GB SSD (Kingston) - 1TB HDD(Seagate) - 450W PSU (Corsair) 

Just now, Lakshya Siddhi said:

I'm having a R5 2400g at 3.6 GHz stock and I am barely able to go to 3.7Ghz without the the system not posting...What to do ???

your CPU might not be able to overclock very well. silicon lottery. What voltage offset are you using?

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 minute ago, Fasauceome said:

your CPU might not be able to overclock very well. silicon lottery. What voltage offset are you using?

1.35 V 

1.35 V 

You might need something like 1.38 volts.

Primary PC:

7 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Which CPU cooler are you using??

Which CPU cooler are you using??

Wraith prism

Primary PC:

3 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

For going from 3.6 GHz to 3.7 GHz??

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Wraith prism

I'm using the wraith stealth cooler

1 minute ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

I'm using the wraith stealth cooler

Does your case have good airflow? High clock speeds might not be possible for your CPU if the cooling is inadequate

Primary PC:

Just now, Fasauceome said:

Does your case have good airflow? High clock speeds might not be possible for your CPU if the cooling is inadequate

I'm having two 90mm fans as intake and one 120mm as exhaust

6 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

Do we need to increase by 0.03V for going from 3.6 to 3.7 GHz, I am not very into overclocking , kindly clarify

2 minutes ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

Do we need to increase by 0.03V for going from 3.6 to 3.7 GHz, I am not very into overclocking , kindly clarify

It's not a "need" to increase a certain amount. You must experiment, and find out what works. Every CPU is different because they aren't perfect.

Primary PC:

4 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

It's not a "need" to increase a certain amount. You must experiment, and find out what works. Every CPU is different because they aren't perfect.

Understood....will start boosting it slightly and update the results........ what is your voltage offset on your r5 2600, is it stable and what are your temps??

1 minute ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

Understood....will start boosting it slightly and update the results........ what is your voltage offset on your r5 2600, it it stable abd what are your temps??

I used a negative offset, so I had auto voltage with -.02 volts. It is inside a case with lots of airflow so the temps are in the low 70s when gaming.

Primary PC:

I used a negative offset, so I had auto voltage with -.02 volts. It is inside a case with lots of airflow so the temps are in the low 70s when gaming.

Interesting......increasing clock speed with lower voltages, how does that work?? I dont know how that works, kindly explain

7 minutes ago, Lakshya Siddhi said:

Interesting......increasing clock speed with lower voltages, how does that work?? I dont know how that works, kindly explain

A motherboard will set "auto" voltage based on the chip it has inside (different motherboard manufacturers will have some auto voltage settings for different CPUs)

When I use auto, the voltage automatically goes up when I increase the clock speed. Then, I use the negative offset to reduce the voltage back down. (auto voltage is almost always a lot more than you need, or should use)

this isn't my personal computer, I don't remember what the BIOS looks like and how I set it, but I do remember that you can set an offset instead of a straight value.

Primary PC:

A motherboard will set "auto" voltage based on the chip it has inside (different motherboard manufacturers will have some auto voltage settings for different CPUs)

When I use auto, the voltage automatically goes up when I increase the clock speed. Then, I use the negative offset to reduce the voltage back down. (auto voltage is almost always a lot more than you need, or should use)

this isn't my personal computer, I don't remember what the BIOS looks like and how I set it, but I do remember that you can set an offset instead of a straight value.

Thanks a lot  man...That gave me a clear picture....