Need suggestions for cases for 5950x

Liargoff

In my other post I mentioned that I need a cooler for the Ryzen 9 5950x, and you suggested me to also replace the case.

I was building with Antec P7 Silent and indeed it's a hot box as I was told. Temps are high even with an AIO

The AIO I'm using is Cougar Aqua 280.

I need a case that is quiet, has a nice office look (Not too fancy, and without a window), provides good temps (good airflow and so on), and not too big.

The problem is that the budget should somewhat be close to the Antec P7 Silent, which is not too high (I'm working at a PC shop, it's not mine), So I'm not sure there is any case that answers all these requirements (including price)

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Liargoff said:

In my other post I mentioned that I need a cooler for the Ryzen 9 5950x, and you suggested me to also replace the case.

I was building with Antec P7 Silent and indeed it's a hot box as I was told. Temps are high even with an AIO

The AIO I'm using is Cougar Aqua 280.

I need a case that is quiet, has a nice office look (Not too fancy, and without a window), provides good temps (good airflow and so on), and not too big.

The problem is that the budget should somewhat be close to the Antec P7 Silent, which is not too high (I'm working at a PC shop, it's not mine), So I'm not sure there is any case that answers all these requirements (including price)

Thanks

Back to the silent case thing.  The purpose of silent cases is to contain noises that cannot be prevented.  They were a lot more popular when there were hard drives because hard drives were impossible to silence.  With the advent of SSDs though you can actually make a computer that doesn’t produce much I hear t noise so high airflow cases have become common.  I suggest looking at the GN 2021 case reviews, picking a high airflow case you like the look of, and avoiding noise producing components like HDDs.

I found the 2020 review.  He also did a 2021 review which I cannot seem to find.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

i hate to say this but what you are asking for is almost impossible because you are going to have to either sacrifice the look, the temps or the noise level in my opinion, there is just no way around that, that i can see. most office looking cases are completely closed like most prebuilt systems, meaning minimal airflow and high temps. better airflow cases u sually have tempered glass side panels or a lot of mesh in the front which gets rid of the office look you want. to limit noise in these more stylish cases you have to either run your fans slower or not have as many which goes back to high temps.

depending on size limitationsyou are probably going to have to look into a slightly bigger bugdet case but if you cant then here is a lot of videos for cases under the $100 budget for the case you mentioned. best computer cases under 100 - YouTube

the video Bombastinator linked is the best cases overall for last year. this video is the best cases so far for this year. Best PC Cases of 2021 So Far: $60 to $200 Airflow, Silence, & Budget Cases - YouTube

18 minutes ago, tdkid said:

i hate to say this but what you are asking for is almost impossible because you are going to have to either sacrifice the look, the temps or the noise level in my opinion, there is just no way around that, that i can see. most office looking cases are completely closed like most prebuilt systems, meaning minimal airflow and high temps. better airflow cases u sually have tempered glass side panels or a lot of mesh in the front which gets rid of the office look you want. to limit noise in these more stylish cases you have to either run your fans slower or not have as many which goes back to high temps.

depending on size limitationsyou are probably going to have to look into a slightly bigger bugdet case but if you cant then here is a lot of videos for cases under the $100 budget for the case you mentioned. best computer cases under 100 - YouTube

the video Bombastinator linked is the best cases overall for last year. this video is the best cases so far for this year. Best PC Cases of 2021 So Far: $60 to $200 Airflow, Silence, & Budget Cases - YouTube

Your Google fu seems to be stronger than mine.  GN claims a marginal advantage of the high airflow solution over the silent case solution in situations where HDDs or other uncontrollable noise producing components are not used.  Many of those cases with glass sides can be ordered with a non glass side panel though, not infrequently for a small cost reduction.  If the OP wants a closed front though you have a point.  Can’t do high airflow with a closed front.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 minute ago, Bombastinator said:

Your Google fu seems to be stronger than mine.  GN claims a marginal advantage of the high airflow solution over the silent case solution in situations where HDDs or other uncontrollable noise producing components are not used.  Many of those cases with glass sides can be ordered with a non glass side panel though, not infrequently for a small cost reduction.  If the OP wants a closed front though you have a point.  Can’t do high airflow with a closed front.

that is kind of the point of the video. they are bias against non airflow cases but you have to either sacrifice the look, the noise or the temps. there is a middle ground but most are above what liargoff's budget is. completely closed in cases like the Antec P7 Silent run hot because of limited airflow but they look like they would belong in an office building. cases like the meshify sereis have good airflow and usually lower temps but the front kind of gets rid of the office look.

1 minute ago, tdkid said:

that is kind of the point of the video. they are bias against non airflow cases but you have to either sacrifice the look, the noise or the temps. there is a middle ground but most are above what liargoff's budget is. completely closed in cases like the Antec P7 Silent run hot because of limited airflow but they look like they would belong in an office building. cases like the meshify sereis have good airflow and usually lower temps but the front kind of gets rid of the office look.

You’re referring to the crinkled look of the front face of the meshify.  Corsair airflow stuff has at least a regular pattern.  It’s a close enough call though that he may be able to make a particular design work for HIS office. Triangles might be in the company logo or something. 

Just now, Bombastinator said:

You’re referring to the crinkled look of the front face of the meshify.  Corsair airflow stuff has at least a regular pattern.  It’s a close enough call though that he may be able to make a particular design work for HIS office. Triangles might be in the company logo or something. 

the meshify series is the only one i have looked into so far as a replacement for my computer case but this one is at home so i have no limits on anything. there are not that many cases out there that would be a good fit for what they are looking for in the budget they have.

33 minutes ago, tdkid said:

the meshify series is the only one i have looked into so far as a replacement for my computer case but this one is at home so i have no limits on anything. there are not that many cases out there that would be a good fit for what they are looking for in the budget they have.

Meshify has a lot of competitors now. Meshify might even work, depending on the office.  That pseudo random blocky thing was big for higher end IBM machines for a while.  It’s situationally dependent.

26 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Meshify has a lot of competitors now. Meshify might even work, depending on the office.  That pseudo random blocky thing was big for higher end IBM machines for a while.  It’s situationally dependent.

they said they are working at a PC shop so i am thinking that the look is either for being a sleeper or that is just what they like which either way is no problem.

27 minutes ago, tdkid said:

they said they are working at a PC shop so i am thinking that the look is either for being a sleeper or that is just what they like which either way is no problem.

“PC” and “shop” can mean a lot of things.  Particularly shop.  Could be an architectural firm that does its computing on PC rather than Mac for example.

10 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

“PC” and “shop” can mean a lot of things.  Particularly shop.  Could be an architectural firm that does its computing on PC rather than Mac for example.

it could but i am pretty sure they mean a PC repair shop. words mean different things depending on the age of the person and the location the person is in. for example my grandpa and my dad owned shoe repair shops , not shoe repair stores. my grandpas from the early 1960s and my dad from the late 1980s into the early 1990s.