4000D Airflow vs Pure Base 500DX

BerkayZ87

Hello. I would like to buy a new case. I am using Aerocool Aero One Eclipse right now. I am good with this case but I want to change it because of premium quality.

I can't decide which is better. 500DX or 4000D Airflow?

In my country, they both have same prices. 

I checked Techpowerup tests about this two cases and also watched Gamer's Nexus video. 

Usually 4000D Airflow gets better results like 1-2 degrees. But 500DX has 3x140mm fan advantages to front panel. Pure Base stock comes with 3x140mm fans. If I put them to front panel and If I buy 3x140 more fans, would I get better result then Airflow?

17 minutes ago, BerkayZ87 said:

Hello. I would like to buy a new case. I am using Aerocool Aero One Eclipse right now. I am good with this case but I want to change it because of premium quality.

I can't decide which is better? 500DX or 4000D Airflow?

In my country, they both have same prices. 

I checked Techpowerup tests about this two cases and also watched Gamer's Nexus video. 

Usually 4000D Airflow gets better results like 1-2 degrees. But 500DX has 3x140mm fan advantages to front panel. Pure Base stock comes with 3x140mm fans. If I put them to front panel and If I buy 3x140 more fans, would I get better result then Airflow?

Most likely the stock fans are enough on 500DX.

1 hour ago, Jeppes said:

Most likely the stock fans are enough on 500DX.

Imagine that I put 6x140 to 500DX or I put 4x140 + 1x120 to 4000D Airflow. Which would give a better performance?

2 hours ago, BerkayZ87 said:

Imagine that I put 6x140 to 500DX or I put 4x140 + 1x120 to 4000D Airflow. Which would give a better performance?

Performance is so close that I would just pick the one you like more based on looks. And same goes for Meshify 2, p400a/p300a/p500a, NR600, Lancool 2 mesh etc new mesh cases that are done right.

both cases are roughly the same size with the corsair 4000d being a little longer and taller and the be quiet pur base 500dx being a little wider so its a tough call. you are going to have to consider the size of your components more than performance or anything else because they have to actually fit inside the case. 

and it looks like the pure base 500dx can only have 4 140mm fans not the 6 you are thinking.

2 hours ago, tdkid said:

both cases are roughly the same size with the corsair 4000d being a little longer and taller and the be quiet pur base 500dx being a little wider so its a tough call. you are going to have to consider the size of your components more than performance or anything else because they have to actually fit inside the case. 

and it looks like the pure base 500dx can only have 4 140mm fans not the 6 you are thinking.

Ah, that's my fault. I remember it wrong. You're right. My components are fit both of case. 

2 hours ago, Jeppes said:

Performance is so close that I would just pick the one you like more based on looks. And same goes for Meshify 2, p400a/p300a/p500a, NR600, Lancool 2 mesh etc new mesh cases that are done right.

N600 and Lancool 2 isn't sold in my country. P500A is too expensive, I dont have enough money to buy it. 

Thanks for answering both of you guys.

Weird question, but can I just buy online somewhere a 500dx front panel? Would that match my 500 non dx? When I speced out my first rig some month ago I wasnt aware of the fact that there are big differences in cases. My cpu runs quite a bit hot and I would like to improve the airflow.

39 minutes ago, Darkslyr said:

Weird question, but can I just buy online somewhere a 500dx front panel? Would that match my 500 non dx? When I speced out my first rig some month ago I wasnt aware of the fact that there are big differences in cases. My cpu runs quite a bit hot and I would like to improve the airflow.

Be Quiet support should help. At least they sell the 500 side panel for people who dont like glass with 500DX.

9 hours ago, BerkayZ87 said:

Ah, that's my fault. I remember it wrong. You're right. My components are fit both of case. 

you mean the 4 fans and not the 6? its fine. i just looked at the tech specs and it said 4 140mm fans which is still a good amount for that size of case. as for the case itself, they might say they fit but you have to remember the cables are probably going to add a couple more inches or 50mm+ to the components size