After pressing the power button my PC turns ON then shutdown then power ON again

After pressing the power button my PC turns ON then shutdown then power ON again.

When this happens I get the UEFI/BIOS screen then I press F10 (save settings) & then the PC functions normally.

What do you think is causing this ?

Using only Linux since 2007. Not a single MS Windows or Mac client at home.

Make sure your boot settings are in order. I know that if i wipe my bios and do not set the boot typically it will shut off once and then start fine due to identifying boot device. It could be simply yours is not saving that, could potentially need to replace your cmos battery.

Ryzen 9 7950X 5.9 GHz 16-Core, Full Liquid CoolingROG Crosshair X670E EXTREMEG.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz 64 GB, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra 12 GBSeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000WKingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel, S.S Arctis 5 7.1Roccat Kain 200 AIMOLogitech G403 HeroASUS TUF VG27WQ 1440P 165 HzASUS VG34VQL1B 34" 1440P Ultrawide 165 HzCrucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME 2xSamsung 870 QVO 4 TB 2.5" SSDFractal Design Meshify 2 XL Case

6 minutes ago, CookieKittu said:

Make sure your boot settings are in order. I know that if i wipe my bios and do not set the boot typically it will shut off once and then start fine due to identifying boot device. It could be simply yours is not saving that, could potentially need to replace your cmos battery.

Okay so you think that the bios battery is faulty & not holding charge which in turn is messing up the boot order.

But will that cause the PC to shutdown ? & then start again ?

By the way if its the bios battery which is faulty I will be very happy coz its quite cheap in comparison to the PSU or motherboard.

I'm simply stating when I've done bios updates and or erased my bios settings typically what happens is it boots past main screen. Restarts and then proceeds to work past that point cause it identified my boot drive. It is possible yours however is not doing this process, if you have LED's you can identify this by the color not holding when you shut off your pc. I would consider it a reason but maybe not the exact cause

Ryzen 9 7950X 5.9 GHz 16-Core, Full Liquid CoolingROG Crosshair X670E EXTREMEG.Skill Trident Z5 6000 MHz 64 GB, EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra 12 GBSeasonic PRIME Platinum 1000WKingston HyperX Cloud II 7.1 Channel, S.S Arctis 5 7.1Roccat Kain 200 AIMOLogitech G403 HeroASUS TUF VG27WQ 1440P 165 HzASUS VG34VQL1B 34" 1440P Ultrawide 165 HzCrucial P1 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME 2xSamsung 870 QVO 4 TB 2.5" SSDFractal Design Meshify 2 XL Case

Sounds like a dead battery. 

When you enter BIOS, do you have to change anything or will it boot with the default settings? 

I've had a machine failing to POST with the battery depleted. I found the problem AFTER changing the PSU. 

Yeah it most likely is as that makes the most sense from what he has said.

4 minutes ago, el_murdoque said:

Sounds like a dead battery. 

When you enter BIOS, do you have to change anything or will it boot with the default settings? 

After I enter BIOS I just press F10 which is the shortcut for save current settings & exit then the PC boots normally.

@CookieKittu@el_murdoque

You both are absolutely right. I just replaced the battery & everything if fine now.

Thanks a lot.