New Gaming PC for about 1100€

Budget (including currency): 1100€

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: purely gaming for the next 4-5 years, 1440p

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

Hi guys!

As my PC is pretty outdated (1060 3gb, i7-7700) I am now looking for a new gaming PC. I will also buy a new monitor (1440p) so thats also the resolution I want to play on. In general I am not really in a rush, so I could also wait til the end of the year but if there is a reasonable opportunity to upgrade now then I will do that. Mostly I am playing CPU heavy games like Anno, X4 foundations, sometimes a bit of league but I also like all the assassins creed titles or games like Far Cry etc. So more GPU heavy games. So I was thinking of buying a RTX 3070 when the prices drop in the next 5-6 months (at least thats what I hope) but as I saw the first specs of the 6700XT I was pretty much into buying that as soon as it comes out at March 18th. (of course only if I - against all odds - get one to a reasonable price like 500€) But I am a bit unsure because of the better Raytracing perfomance of the NVIDIA cards and the support for DLSS which I find pretty useful especially when I want to play big titles in for example 3 years from now.
For the CPU in my opinion an Intel would be the better solution if i go for the NVIDIA card and a Ryzen if i go for an AMD card (at least thats what I think, but prove me wrong if you know better). There I was thinking of waiting for the Alder Lake generation (because of the high GPU prices right now...) and then going for the 6 core version because I think that 8 cores are a bit overkill and 4 cores are not enough, especially when thinking into the future.
As mentioned at the top my budget is around 1100€ but I already have a power supply (Cooler Master 750W) and all the peripherals, so the budget only affexts the PC.
I hope anybody of you has an idea what the best solution for my "upgrade dilemma" is!

All the best and thank you all in advance!

insanem3rlin

Right now I would buy Ryzen CPU regardless if you use Nvidia or AMD GPU. 

But Intel 11gen is comming out very soon (I believe in a few weeks) so you may want to wait until then to see how they compare to Ryzen. 

Most importantly....

With todays GPU price market I would try to first buy a new GPU (if you can find it for a decent price) and only plan the rest of the build after I got my graphics card. 

It may take a long time to get a good GPU for a resonable price. 

A few guide lines

You don't really need any more than 6core/12thread CPU for gaming (today I would choose Ryzen 5600X) 

Get a good quality mobo but don't overpay for features you won't use. 

2x 8gb of ram is enough (3200-3600mhz is usually the best price/performance) 

Get a case with good ventilation (MESH panels)

In my opinion: Air-cooler (preferably Noctua) instead of AIO for better reliability and low noise but performance is very similar. 

1x NVME drive + 1x sata SSD (what ever you prefer) 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

1 minute ago, TrigrH said:

Don't bother its terrible.

Do you actually know they are terrible or is this just comming from an AMD fanboy ? 

I've only read very little about the 11gen CPUs and until they are released and we can see some benchmarks form independent testers then I will withhold judgement on Intels new CPUs.

What I did read is that on single core performance they will surpass Ryzen 5000 which will make them better for gaming but... I do not trust these benchmarks. 

CPU: i9 9900K   Cooler: NH-D15   RAM: Kingston Fury 4 x 8GB 3600MHz CL17   Mobo: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F   GPU: ASUS 3080 TUF   Case: In Win D-Frame   PSU: Corsair HX850i   Storage: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (OS), 500GB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (Games), 2TB Crucial BX500 SSD (Storage)   Monitor: Samsung Odyssey Neo G9. 

2 hours ago, Boyohan said:

Do you actually know they are terrible or is this just comming from an AMD fanboy ? 

I've only read very little about the 11gen CPUs and until they are released and we can see some benchmarks form independent testers then I will withhold judgement on Intels new CPUs.

What I did read is that on single core performance they will surpass Ryzen 5000 which will make them better for gaming but... I do not trust these benchmarks. 

https://www.anandtech.com/show/16535/intel-core-i7-11700k-review-blasting-off-with-rocket-lake