My pc starts up (fans spin, lights are on) and then closes after a few seconds, and then starts up again normally and successfully booting to windows

kristoffcbrl

Please watch the video here: 

Ive been told that this may be a PSU error, but i'm not entirely sure as the PSU i got is brand new (Thermaltake litepower series 550W)

I really just want for the system to boot normally. Could this be possible? I do not want to damage any components (cheap as they may be), as I need the computer to work long term

Please advise thank you

Specs are as follows:

CPU - amd ryzen 5 1600af

GPU - asus gtx 750ti

Mobo - asus prime b450 plus

Aio cooler - corsair h80i v2

case - antec dp501

RGB controller - corsair lighting node pro and fan hub

ARGB controller (came with the case)

3 chassis fan headers (3rd fan header has two fans connected via fan splitter

aio pump header connecting the pump (pump and aio fan only has one connector)

cpu header used by top exhaust fan

Memory training maybe?  What's the memory specs/timing and how's the memory set in BIOS?  What is the memory speed showing as in Windows (with CPUZ, etc.)?

Are you turning off the PSU from the switch on the back or cutting power to the PSU via wall switch or power strip when you're not using the PC?

If you're cutting off the power of the PC completely (by flicking the switch on the PSU, power strip or disconnecting the lead) that would likely be memory training, it's motherboard/CPU testing additional DRAM timings and then rebooting having found right ones, they're not stored in the BIOS or XMP for some reason so it should be done each hard reboot. Now, you really shouldn't be cutting power from your PC completely, just shut down it normally but keep power, these cents per year you're saving don't worth possible problems with power strip/PSU switch wearing out or PSU's NTC thermistor or capacitors getting damaged by repeated stress of inrush current. As a side note, your PSU is a complete trash though, and it probably doesn't even have aforementioned NTC thermistor, i'd strongly recommend to return it (if it's still inside return window) or just sell it and buy a better one, but i highly doubt that what you're witnessing here is related to PSU at all, as i said, it's probably just memory training.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply