PC Disconnects from Network after Screen Sharing on Discord.

As of long ago my PC disconnects from my wifi/network when I screen share for about 5min on Discord. I use an ethernet cable to directly hook up into my router. My internet shouldnt be the problem because I have gigabit fiber at home with over 900+mbps download and upload. Usually when this happens my ping goes all the way up to 5000 and I drop out of call 30 seconds later and come back in about 30 seconds later. It usually fixes itself when I use my PCs built in NIC instead of using an ethernet cable, is there a fix to this?

33 minutes ago, Cringelix said:

It usually fixes itself when I use my PCs built in NIC instead of using an ethernet cable, is there a fix to this?

Do you mean to say it works using the motherboard port rather than an expansion card? I'm not quite sure on context here.

Stupid question I have to ask that fixed more things than I care to think about when I worked regular IT support: have you updated the drivers or the application recently? 'Cause Windows screws things by its nature.

2 hours ago, Cela1 said:

Do you mean to say it works using the motherboard port rather than an expansion card? I'm not quite sure on context here.

it uses a separate card for only wifi but for the ethernet i plug it directly into the motherboard, my motherboard doesnt have a built in NIC

2 hours ago, PineyCreek said:

Stupid question I have to ask that fixed more things than I care to think about when I worked regular IT support: have you updated the drivers or the application recently? 'Cause Windows screws things by its nature.

yeah ive updated everything, ive had to completely wipe my pc (for other reasons) once ever since it started but that didnt fix anything. So even after the wipe it still has the issue.

• 2 years later...

If you see this please tell me if you managed to fix the issue. I have tried everything I have a 3080 and a ryzen 7 5800x. And one thing I should add, when I screenshare games on discord it will be choppy as well