I'm planning an ULTIMATE build, but with scrapped parts.

AlecByte

So I'm planning an ULTIMATE build, but with scrapped parts. I really want to see if old and refurbished stuff is still good. And I have a budget of $1000. I'm expecting an AMD CPU, NVIDIA Graphics Card, DDR4's, Motherboards and so on. Do you think it will be a good idea? OR is it gonna be a waste of money?

22 minutes ago, AlecByte said:

So I'm planning an ULTIMATE build, but with scrapped parts. I really want to see if old and refurbished stuff is still good. And I have a budget of $1000. I'm expecting an AMD CPU, NVIDIA Graphics Card, DDR4's, Motherboards and so on. Do you think it will be a good idea? OR is it gonna be a waste of money?

$1000 will not get you an ULTIMATE PC (4K 240HZ!)

$1000 should get you a good high end midrange PC.

Anyway, you can’t really get any “refurbished parts” for a good price on any real markets. Used parts are just as good. Most times, “refurbished”just means cleaned. “ Also, there is a global GPU shortage currently. I would keep that in mind

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

1 minute ago, Downkey said:

$1000 will not get you an ULTIMATE PC (4K 240HZ!)

$1000 should get you a good high end midrange PC.

Anyway, you can’t really get any “refurbished parts” for a good price on any real markets. Used parts are just as good. Most times, “refurbished”just means cleaned. “ Also, there is a global GPU shortage currently. I would keep that in mind

Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about the GPU shortage.

I suggest just getting new parts instead of used ones, scrap (see what I did there?) your used parts idea.

Here's my take on a build, but do note that there is the shortage of graphics cards. Try and find a old GPU that you have and use it for now.

→  Kindly quote or mention me if you would like a reply back.

<famous quote>

1 minute ago, Jayzer said:

I suggest just getting new parts instead of used ones, scrap (see what I did there?) your used parts idea.

Here's my take on a build, but do note that there is the shortage of graphics cards. Try and find a old GPU that you have and use it for now.

I see. Okay.