WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR BSOD. What Causing This?

Curesto
5 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, i've got this error while playing game twice and after the boot up. What causing this?

Dump file:020421-36312-01.dmp

Thanks in advance.

I'll look it over, give me a few minutes please

Also, post the other crash dumps as well.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, i've got this error while playing game twice and after the boot up. What causing this?

Dump file:020421-36312-01.dmp

Thanks in advance.

Ok, I'm going to post the relevant bits of the BSoD and then I'll post my thoughts below that

___

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.  The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, Stack cookie instrumentation code detected a stack-based
    buffer overrun.
Arg2: ffff82844aff4590, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffff82844aff44e8, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved

BUGCHECK_CODE:  139

BUGCHECK_P1: 2

BUGCHECK_P2: ffff82844aff4590

BUGCHECK_P3: ffff82844aff44e8

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

ExceptionAddress: fffff80158753fe5 (dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure+0x0000000000000005)
   ExceptionCode: c0000409 (Security check failure or stack buffer overrun)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000001
NumberParameters: 1
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000002
Subcode: 0x2 FAST_FAIL_STACK_COOKIE_CHECK_FAILURE

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

PROCESS_NAME:  HWiNFO64.EXE

WATSON_BKT_EVENT:  BEX

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  c0000409

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000002

EXCEPTION_STR:  0xc0000409

SYMBOL_NAME:  dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure+5

MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl

IMAGE_NAME:  dxgkrnl.sys

IMAGE_VERSION:  10.0.19041.685

STACK_COMMAND:  .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  5

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x139_MISSING_GSFRAME_dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {1685fa82-f4b9-d129-b6b1-78c3bba339a9}

Followup:     MachineOwner

_________

Looks like HWInfo crashed because of a buffer over-run, but the actual crashing module is "dxgkrnl.sys" 

Here is a quick and dirty overview on this

https://www.partitionwizard.com/disk-recovery/dxgkrnl-sys.html

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

12 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

I'll look it over, give me a few minutes please

Also, post the other crash dumps as well.

Got another one again. Thanks. I'll post it.

1 minute ago, Radium_Angel said:

Ok, I'm going to post the relevant bits of the BSoD and then I'll post my thoughts below that

___

KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure.  The corruption
could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000002, Stack cookie instrumentation code detected a stack-based
    buffer overrun.
Arg2: ffff82844aff4590, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffff82844aff44e8, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved

BUGCHECK_CODE:  139

BUGCHECK_P1: 2

BUGCHECK_P2: ffff82844aff4590

BUGCHECK_P3: ffff82844aff44e8

BUGCHECK_P4: 0

ExceptionAddress: fffff80158753fe5 (dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure+0x0000000000000005)
   ExceptionCode: c0000409 (Security check failure or stack buffer overrun)
  ExceptionFlags: 00000001
NumberParameters: 1
   Parameter[0]: 0000000000000002
Subcode: 0x2 FAST_FAIL_STACK_COOKIE_CHECK_FAILURE

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT:  1

PROCESS_NAME:  HWiNFO64.EXE

WATSON_BKT_EVENT:  BEX

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application.

EXCEPTION_CODE_STR:  c0000409

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1:  0000000000000002

EXCEPTION_STR:  0xc0000409

SYMBOL_NAME:  dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure+5

MODULE_NAME: dxgkrnl

IMAGE_NAME:  dxgkrnl.sys

IMAGE_VERSION:  10.0.19041.685

STACK_COMMAND:  .thread ; .cxr ; kb

BUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET:  5

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID:  0x139_MISSING_GSFRAME_dxgkrnl!_report_gsfailure

OS_VERSION:  10.0.19041.1

BUILDLAB_STR:  vb_release

OSPLATFORM_TYPE:  x64

OSNAME:  Windows 10

FAILURE_ID_HASH:  {1685fa82-f4b9-d129-b6b1-78c3bba339a9}

Followup:     MachineOwner

_________

Looks like HWInfo crashed because of a buffer over-run, but the actual crashing module is "dxgkrnl.sys" 

Here is a quick and dirty overview on this

https://www.partitionwizard.com/disk-recovery/dxgkrnl-sys.html

Okay, this software opens with MSI Afterburner. Should i delete it?

Okay, this software opens with MSI Afterburner. Should i delete it?

Which software?

10 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Which software?

HWInfo. 

Actually, this BSOD errors began happening after i've turn back stock clocks of my CPU to run it bit much colder. Now, i'm back again OCed clock speed, i hope it would fix it. Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Curesto said:

HWInfo. 

Actually, this BSOD errors began happening after i've turn back stock clocks of my CPU to run it bit much colder. Now, i'm back again OCed clock speed, i hope it would fix it. Thanks again.

Yeah, it's not needed.

• 2 weeks later...

Considering you just had a thread about underclocking your GPU, it could be very well be that. Looking at that BSOD dump didnt show any particular driver that can identify your issue.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

• 2 weeks later...

As a general rule random crash after boot is most often memory or PSU.  I can’t read a dump file and they may have more to say on that.  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Idea behind checking your BSOD logs are simple. Download BlueScreenView here and check your logs after you get a BSOD. It will show you what the module that caused the faults are, for example if an Nvidia module has caused it then it is most likely related to your graphics card and/or graphics card driver.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

* thread merged *

Creating multiple threads about the same thing isn't allowed.

If you're not getting replies, please bump your thread instead of creating a new one.

If you need help with your forum account, please use the Forum Support form !

Hi, every time while i've been using online softwares, i always get "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD, which i'm thinking it's been causing by the wireless adapter.

My Wireless adapter is kinda old, about 7 years old i think. Model is TP-Link TL-WN721N. It's most up-to-date driver is from 2013 and it's only supports Windows 8. 

Is there's a way to install much newer drivers to this adapter?

Desktop_2021_03_07_20_55_37_125.thumb.png.fe860e1d8dfa915b7a86f073b8c2129f.png

Here's the all dump files:Minidump.rar (I've been getting this error so often)

Thanks in advance.

Reinstall your windows already. You create a new thread about your BSOD every other day.

2 minutes ago, Curesto said:

Hi, every time while i've been using online softwares, i always get "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR" BSOD, which i'm thinking it's been causing by the wireless adapter.

My Wireless adapter is kinda old, about 7 years old i think. Model is TP-Link TL-WN721N. It's most up-to-date driver is from 2013 and it's only supports Windows 8. 

Is there's a way to install much newer drivers to this adapter?

Here's the all dump files:Minidump.rar (I've been getting this error so often)

Thanks in advance.

It's likely that there are no newer drivers for the adapter.

Try removing the adapter and use the system offline to see if it still bluescreens.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

A quick glance at the minidumps show PSHED.DLL (Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver) and considering the bugcheck code it is most likely hardware related?

Do try to remove the adapter as @svmlegacysaid.

3 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

A quick glance at the minidumps show PSHED.DLL (Platform Specific Hardware Error Driver) and considering the bugcheck code it is most likely hardware related?

I've been getting too much BSOD errors, it has to be passed 100+ times and i've started thinking about the system has some hardware problems considering it's 13 years old PC.

15 minutes ago, Murasaki said:

Is there's a way to learn which hardware or driver exactly causing this error?

Remove or swap out hardware one at a time until the issue goes away.

Main: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 16 GB 4400 MHz DDR4 Fedora 38 x86_64

Secondary: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G, 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Fedora 38 x86_64

Server: AMD Athlon PRO 3125GE, 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 ECC, TrueNAS Core 13.0-U5.1

Home Laptop: Intel Core i5-L16G7, 8 GB 4267 MHz LPDDR4x, Windows 11 Home 22H2 x86_64

Work Laptop: Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA Quadro P520, 8 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Windows 10 Pro 22H2 x86_64

28 minutes ago, Levent said:

Reinstall your windows already. You create a new thread about your BSOD every other day.

I did, about 3 times 1.5 years ago (2 Windows 10 and 1 Windows 7) and still got numerous blue screens every time.

24 minutes ago, Curesto said:

If you mean by software, maybe if you have the right tools and knowledge. I however don't know in this case, sorry 😶

-= Merged Topics =-

As mentioned, dont repost your topics.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER