The World's Most Expensive Xbox Controller

AlexTheGreatish

You guys should maybe auction this off on WAN show or something like that on a live stream for charity.

This is only a suggestion but that would be cool to see you guys do something like that.

yes

quick edit:

Somebody with contacts to linus, please show this to him, you guys like it and he might too.

I just really want to see my idea out on youtube for millions to see

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

1 hour ago, the communist potato said:

You guys should maybe auction this off on WAN show or something like that on a live stream for charity.

This is only a suggestion but that would be cool to see you guys do something like that.

yes

They're going to find a way to either turn a profit or at least pay this off.

Raffle it off and sell a ticket for each of the gold foil shirts sold you'll break even in an hour.

...why???

I suppose DJ Khaled needs XBOX controllers, too...

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

1 hour ago, Its Bork said:

They're going to find a way to either turn a profit or at least pay this off.

Raffle it off and sell a ticket for each of the gold foil shirts sold you'll break even in an hour.

honestly, a ticket seems like a good idea, yet when you think about all the people who didnt get a ticket because they had bought the shirt before ltt started shipping tickets with the shirts.

There are some things you have to take into account, but other then that, your idea is pretty solid

Don’t take everything I say seriously 

take it with a grain of s a l t

"Where you expecting that (the battery lidslides so easily into place)?"

"Yes, I designed it that way"

Those were two awesome videos. However the way Linus narrated all of this gave me the impression that the casters/goldsmiths were incredibly annoyed by the presence of Linus and his team. And the "glitter compensation" xD

9 hours ago, AlexTheGreatish said:

The saga continues, now with much more polishing.

Pt. 1: https://youtu.be/FBQaV0JidZs

Buy Xbox Core Wireless Controller (PAID LINK): https://geni.us/8dPs

Purchases made through some store links may provide some compensation to Linus Media Group.

Will we know the final cost of this in the third part?  Really want to know how much you guys saved in your negotiations haha.

Who is going to be the first person to raw dog this controller and handle it without gloves?

Also there needs to be an obligatory silver controller.  1/50th the price tag too.

Platinum would be 1/2 the price of gold but supposedly it's a bitch to smelt and you lose like double the volume to vaporization than you do for gold.

Workstation:  13700k @ 5.5Ghz || Gigabyte Z790 Ultra || MSI Gaming Trio 4090 Shunt || TeamGroup DDR5-7800 @ 7000 || Corsair AX1500i@240V || whole-house loop.

LANRig/GuestGamingBox: 9900nonK || Gigabyte Z390 Master || ASUS TUF 3090 650W shunt || Corsair SF600 || CPU+GPU watercooled 280 rad pull only || whole-house loop.

Server Router (Untangle): 13600k @ Stock || ASRock Z690 ITX || All 10Gbe || 2x8GB 3200 || PicoPSU 150W 24pin + AX1200i on CPU|| whole-house loop

Server Compute/Storage: 10850K @ 5.1Ghz || Gigabyte Z490 Ultra || EVGA FTW3 3090 1000W || LSI 9280i-24 port || 4TB Samsung 860 Evo, 5x10TB Seagate Enterprise Raid 6, 4x8TB Seagate Archive Backup ||  whole-house loop.

Laptop: HP Elitebook 840 G8 (Intel 1185G7) + 3080Ti Thunderbolt Dock, Razer Blade Stealth 13" 2017 (Intel 8550U)

The only way I'd ever hold it is if the floor were made of pillows.

lumpy chunks

Expand to help Bunny reach world domination

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to
(")_(") help him on his way to world domination.

-Rakshit Jain

He's probably planning to smelt it back down to a gold bar and re-sell it when all the videos are done. That's why he's so upset at every bit of gold that's getting shaved off here and there. It's basically directly losing resale value for every gram of raw gold that's missing.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

Am I the only person that thinks this project as a whole is absolutely ridiculous and dumb? I mean, did anyone ask for this? Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should...

Primary Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 5 5600 CPU, Gigabyte B450 I AORUS PRO WIFI mITX motherboard, PNY XLR8 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 500GB SSD (boot), Corsair Force 3 480GB SSD (games), XFX RX 5700 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 202 HTPC Case, Corsair SF 450 W 80+ Gold SFX PSU, Windows 11 Pro, Dell S2719DGF 27.0" 2560x1440 155 Hz Monitor, Corsair K68 RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard (MX Brown), Logitech G900 CHAOS SPECTRUM Wireless Mouse, Logitech G533 Headset

HTPC/Gaming Rig:

Ryzen 7 3700X CPU, ASRock B450M Pro4 mATX Motherboard, ADATA XPG GAMMIX D20 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 RAM, Mushkin PILOT 1TB SSD (boot), 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1 TB 3.5" HDD (data), Seagate BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" HDD (DVR), PowerColor RX VEGA 56 8GB GPU, Fractal Design Node 804 mATX Case, Cooler Master MasterWatt 550 W 80+ Bronze Semi-modular ATX PSU, Silverstone SST-SOB02 Blu-Ray Writer, Windows 11 Pro, Logitech K400 Plus Keyboard, Corsair K63 Lapboard Combo (MX Red w/Blue LED), Logitech G603 Wireless Mouse, Kingston HyperX Cloud Stinger Headset, HAUPPAUGE WinTV-quadHD TV Tuner, Samsung 65RU9000 TV

We should start a betting pool to see how long it takes for either thumbstick to start drifting, and for Microsoft to promptly tell you that you're out of warranty and SOL.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 3/8/2021 at 11:51 AM, Kid.Lazer said:

Am I the only person that thinks this project as a whole is absolutely ridiculous and dumb? I mean, did anyone ask for this? Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should...

No, I'm kinda with you. I don't understand how this came to be a thing. It seems pretty far outside the groove of usual LMG content and I can't imagine there was any demand for it. I mean, starting with the fact it's about a console peripheral, but they aren't even modifying it to work any better or do anything differently, they've just made a more expensive and impractical version. 

Certainly there are a lot of LMG "you can do this, but that doesn't mean you should" videos but at least they're usually a fun experiment to push the limits of hardware and see what's possible. This is just throwing money at a "problem" that didn't exist. Like is anyone surprised by anything here? If someone had asked me a year ago "do you think it's possible to make a gold Xbox controller?" I would have said "sure, if you were willing to spend enough money I guess?" 

Hopefully not the beginning of a trend of videos that are long on budget and short on creativity.

The only entertainment I've gotten out of this is remembering the episode of Futurama where the Robot Devil and Fry have a fiddle contest for Bender's soul, and Fry points out a solid gold fiddle would weigh like a hundred pounds and sound crummy, forcing Robot Devil to admit it's mostly just for show. (Leela ends up beating him over the head with it.)

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16