Toshiba P300 HDD committing suicide

Hey guys my just over 2 year old Toshiba P300 decided that it wanted to give up on life today. Never got any warnings beforehand other than the fact that my PC would randomly shut off without warning.

RMAed my V850 V2 PSU and it went away for a while but it suddenly came back a few days ago. I read a forum post I found on the internet today that suggested it might be the HDD, which I thought shouldn't have been causing the issue since it wasn't a boot drive. But to make sure, I fired up CrystalDiskInfo and sure enough, there were a few relocated sectors. The raw value stated 0000000062 at the reallocated sector count, which was odd considering the drive is less than 3 years old (out of its 2 year warranty by 2 months). Then I remembered that yesterday Forza Horizon 4 installed on the drive didn't load properly and got stuck on the loading screen but I thought that it was just the issue with the game. Afterwards I fired up some other games and some didnt seem to load properly either.

Since this seemed like the drive would likely completely fail, I copied off some of the more important files to my D: drive, which was my non-boot SSD. Files copied at the full speed of 170MB/s until it reached certain files and it would subsequently drop to 0 bytes/s. In task manager the SSD I was copying to was at 0% utilisation while the Toshiba HDD was at 100%, but at 0kb/s read and 0kb/s write and 0ms response time. Occasionally it would hit around 16kb/s on both read write and the response times will jump through the roof at around 5000ms. This led me to believe that the drive has multiple bad sectors.

What I did next was to run chkdsk /r but it would get stuck at phase 4 and the eta will be around 100+ hours and the number of files scanned would not increase. 

So I went ahead and ordered a new 4TB Toshiba N300 HDD (Seagate and WD options at that price were 5400rpm) and it should be arriving on the next few days. 

The question now is that is there any way to clone this drive over. I have the WD edition of Acronis True Image and it seems to have the functionality of ignoring bad sectors. I have repeatedly tried to copy these files over manually but the speeds just dip to 0 bytes/s. Crystaldiskmark either benches speeds of 170MB/s read or 14MB/s read. So what should I do now? My drive is only almost half filled at 895GB/1.8TB. 

Main Desktop:

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-13700KF (5.5GHz, -0.1v Offset), Lian Li Galahad 360 AIO, MSI Z690 Force WiFi, ASUS TUF GeForce RTX 3070 OC, 2x16GB G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB DDR5-6000 CL36, 500GB WD Black SN850, 500GB WD Black SN750, 4TB Toshiba N300, Cooler Master V850 Gold V2 Modular PSUPhanteks P500a Digital 

Peripherals:

Spoiler

Dell S3422DWG 34 inch 144Hz QHD Ultrawide Monitor, Logitech G815 Lightsync, Logitech G703 Lightspeed, Razer Basilisk X Hyperspeed, Sennheiser HD 560s, Cooler Master MH630

Laptops:

Spoiler

Razer Blade 14 (2021),  AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX, Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU, 2x8GB DDR4, 1TB Samsung PM991a

Phones:

Spoiler

Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 5G 256Gb Graygreen, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 128GB (Running Pixel Experience Android 13)

You can try ddrescue, but you'll need full 2TB of space, so should wait until new HDD arrives.

It will take a long time though, and there will, most likely, be some data corruption (those sectors which cannot be read at all).