does a negetive voltage offset worsen cpu transition voltage?

ok so i have a 9700k and i set a negetive offset of -0.070v and it gave me better temps.. but when i digged the internet someone told that setting a negetive offset helps temps but it worsens the "cpu transition voltage" which can degrade cpu in long run.. i have no idea what "cpu transition voltage" is.. so like can someone explain to me.. also does setting voltage offset really isint safe? i dont plan to overclock or anything.. so should i keep the voltage at stock or should i set an offset..?

As far as I'm aware, the VID (processor request voltage) will lower adjacent to the v-core request when manually entered. 

Operating any electronic hardware outside of it's specification and cause damage. It does not matter which way you go either.

Processors are equipped with thresholds. The C-states, for example, run within a specified threshold. If you under-volt too far, you have exceeded threshold, stability and damage is on the line. 

In technicality, you shouldn't have to do anything to your processor. If you have a cooling issue, that is to be addressed before changing the parameters of your processor. Generally you want enough cooling to increase v-core and overclock. If you are going to break a processor, it would be best to do it increasing frequency and v-core opposed to lowering it.

3 minutes ago, ShrimpBrime said:

As far as I'm aware, the VID (processor request voltage) will lower adjacent to the v-core request when manually entered. 

Operating any electronic hardware outside of it's specification and cause damage. It does not matter which way you go either.

Processors are equipped with thresholds. The C-states, for example, run within a specified threshold. If you under-volt too far, you have exceeded threshold, stability and damage is on the line. 

In technicality, you shouldn't have to do anything to your processor. If you have a cooling issue, that is to be addressed before changing the parameters of your processor. Generally you want enough cooling to increase v-core and overclock. If you are going to break a processor, it would be best to do it increasing frequency and v-core opposed to lowering it.

i have nh u12s.. its small.. but cant afford a big cooler as of now. and i am on stock clocks. and setting negetive offset makes the load temps better,,, but m afraid setting negetive offset will harm processor in long run

9700K has a throttle temp of 100 Celsius. Unless you hit this temp, run it normal without offset. 

If you can find Any kind of fan, put it in the case... Or use a desktop fan and remove the side panel may help a bit. Can't ever have too much air flow.