I can't update Windows 10 1809 to 1909

Meowster

This is my issue: I have a rig that has Windows 10 1809 on it and it keeps complaining about updating. But I simply can't! It will always fail. It will get to about 60% and then say "Windows could not configure one or more system devices. Restart your computer to revert the installation" But what exactly is causing the issue? I noticed if I keep my Corsair K55 keyboard plugged in, it will get to 4% and fail. Do I need a clean install? But the trouble is, I have all my apps and data on separate drives. How would I bring them back? I also have my entire Steam and Epic library on an M.2 SSD

Make sure to quote me @Meowster  so that I see your reply

I love my job, being a sysadmin. It's very fun 

1 minute ago, Meowster said:

This is my issue: I have a rig that has Windows 10 1809 on it and it keeps complaining about updating. But I simply can't! It will always fail. It will get to about 60% and then say "Windows could not configure one or more system devices. Restart your computer to revert the installation" But what exactly is causing the issue? I noticed if I keep my Corsair K55 keyboard plugged in, it will get to 4% and fail. Do I need a clean install? But the trouble is, I have all my apps and data on separate drives. How would I bring them back? I also have my entire Steam and Epic library on an M.2 SSD

Looks like you have a driver issue with one or more devices connected. Maybe try removing everything you won't need to install the OS. Another way would be to create a install media like a thumb drive or a dvd if you have a drive and boot of that to update the OS. If that fails as well, backup the content of your os drive and do a clean install. You want to move your game libraries off the M.2.