Best version of windows 10 for gaming

Custly

So I'm buying parts for my PC so I can game on a APU and of course I want every bit of performance I can get. If I remember correctly a patch of windows caused some problems by slowing PC's down and I don't know if they have fixed it in recent patches or anything, so I need help finding the best patch of windows 10 for gaming... If that's even a thing :D. 

Thanks in advance.

the best version is a custom one!

a dejunkified custom one that is 

lowspecgamer has some videos on the subject check him out

if it was useful give it a like :) btw if your into linux pay a visit here

16 minutes ago, Custly said:

So I'm buying parts for my PC so I can game on a APU and of course I want every bit of performance I can get. If I remember correctly a patch of windows caused some problems by slowing PC's down and I don't know if they have fixed it in recent patches or anything, so I need help finding the best patch of windows 10 for gaming... If that's even a thing :D. 

Thanks in advance.

Not really a thing unless you really want to maximize performance and lose a few features (Maybe you get 1-2% more fps but its not noticible to the human eye). Just clean the bloatware they include in the start menu and set everything to performance mode or just run a script like this that does it for you: https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/. There might be some performance gains of 2 fps or so beyond that, but it’s not worth it searching through every menu and reading every description.

38 minutes ago, Custly said:

Thanks in advance.

The most recent one with a bit of crap removed. Those custom versions are well at best a mild security risk as who knows what someone put in there. That and most do not get regular updates if at all which is again a  security risk and also a stability issue. So at most run a debloater script or do it yourself.

Besides that you'll get a couple % fps at best depending on what you have. You aren't going to make a game that wasn't at all playable magically playable.

22 minutes ago, mahyar said:

I looked at his/her youtube channel adn don't see the videos.  Can you post a few links?

It must be true, I read it on the internet...

1 hour ago, mahyar said:

Will do, thank you ❤️

1 hour ago, curiousmind34 said:

Not really a thing unless you really want to maximize performance and lose a few features (Maybe you get 1-2% more fps but its not noticible to the human eye). Just clean the bloatware they include in the start menu and set everything to performance mode or just run a script like this that does it for you: https://christitus.com/debloat-windows-10-2020/. There might be some performance gains of 2 fps or so beyond that, but it’s not worth it searching through every menu and reading every description.

I though so, but thanks for your time ❤️

47 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The most recent one with a bit of crap removed. Those custom versions are well at best a mild security risk as who knows what someone put in there. That and most do not get regular updates if at all which is again a  security risk and also a stability issue. So at most run a debloater script or do it yourself.

Besides that you'll get a couple % fps at best depending on what you have. You aren't going to make a game that wasn't at all playable magically playable.

I wanted to squeeze some fps but looking at the replies it seems its not worth the effort, thanks for you time nonetheless  ❤️

1 hour ago, Custly said:

I wanted to squeeze some fps but looking at the replies it seems its not worth the effort, thanks for you time nonetheless  ❤️

It's especially not worth it before trying the regular version.

And you could always just run a debloater to gain a few fps - you will see,  windows is relentless trying to make your gaming as miserable as possible with the default settings... ~

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity