Purchasing a new power supply

toolboxV
Go to solution Solved by AnirbanG007,
10 minutes ago, toolboxV said:

Hey guys,

I need some advice for a new power supply. I've been looking around for a couple days now since my old CWT branded 500W is getting too inefficient for my PC. I've looked at the Corsair CX650, EVGA BQ and EVGA BR and I'm not sure what to get. I really do not want to fry my components (which I'm concerned about because every PSU has that review on Amazon), or purchase something too expensive for nothing. Any suggestions?

I currently have:
i5 10400F
16GB DDR4
RTX 3060
ASUS PRIME B460M-A

Thanks a bunch!

Nvidia recommends a minimum of 550W PSU for 3060. You could get the CX600, which would be more than fine for this build, even leaving some headroom. If you have a bit of cash on your hand you could also get the CX650 purely for future-proofing purposes, otherwise it ain't needed.

Hey guys,

I need some advice for a new power supply. I've been looking around for a couple days now since my old CWT branded 500W is getting too inefficient for my PC. I've looked at the Corsair CX650, EVGA BQ and EVGA BR and I'm not sure what to get. I really do not want to fry my components (which I'm concerned about because every PSU has that review on Amazon), or purchase something too expensive for nothing. Any suggestions?

I currently have:
i5 10400F
16GB DDR4
RTX 3060
ASUS PRIME B460M-A

Thanks a bunch!

10 minutes ago, toolboxV said:

Hey guys,

I currently have:
i5 10400F
16GB DDR4
RTX 3060
ASUS PRIME B460M-A

Thanks a bunch!

Nvidia recommends a minimum of 550W PSU for 3060. You could get the CX600, which would be more than fine for this build, even leaving some headroom. If you have a bit of cash on your hand you could also get the CX650 purely for future-proofing purposes, otherwise it ain't needed.

Attention is what makes life meaningful.

Also, please quote me for a reply. 🙂

1 minute ago, AnirbanG007 said:

Is Corsair any good with power supplies? Or are there any concerns I should be aware of? I was thinking of getting a CX650 to have some more room for a new CPU in the future or maybe for some overclocking.

2 minutes ago, toolboxV said:

Is Corsair any good with power supplies? Or are there any concerns I should be aware of? I was thinking of getting a CX650 to have some more room for a new CPU in the future or maybe for some overclocking.

CX series is very good, it is reliable, you can check reviews for it. It's bronze certified. You could go for higher certifications depending on your budget.

CV series is said to be avoided.

I would recommend the cx 650 definetely but evga psus will work fine too imo

Make sure to quote me if you want me to respond

Turn your Mobile VR or PSVR Headset into a working 6DoF SteamVR one guide/tutorial (below):

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My PC

12 hours ago, AnirbanG007 said:

CX series is very good, it is reliable, you can check reviews for it. It's bronze certified. You could go for higher certifications depending on your budget.

CV series is said to be avoided.

And about frying my components? Anything I should do to further prevent that for the future?

On 3/8/2021 at 5:21 AM, toolboxV said:

And about frying my components? Anything I should do to further prevent that for the future?

It wouldn't fry your components bruh, I mean you never know, things can go wrong with electronics, but a CX650 will be a very good option. Certifications are for PSU efficiency. About preventing frying your components, buy a PSU with significant headroom I guess, which you are doing rn. 650 will have plenty of headroom.