Got a new ISP who does things different, than I am used too. Help needed

AIO H110I cool Dude

Old ISP was acquired, new one brings in new stuff

Old setup - Optic fiber access thingy >>> ASUS WIFI Router with 4 ports >>> PC, phones, Apple TV and other gizmos, a mix of cable and WIFI connectivity.

New setup - Optic fiber router 4 ports and WIFI >>> ASUS WIFI Router with 4 ports -- And again from the Optic fiber router >>> 2 x NOKIA WIFI Beacon 1

So what the ISP intention is the customer will use the Optic fiber router 4 ports and WIFI + the 2 NOKIA WIFI beacon 1 (The Optic fiber router is located in the basement, and can't be moved)

But the Optic fiber router sux, it's user interface are simplistic and have none of the possibilities, I am used to have in the ASUS Router, are available. So that is kind of a nogo for me, I want full control

over my network. But enabling the WIFI in the Optic fiber router would cover all the basement at 5GHz nearly utilizing all my internet bandwidth, and that I like. So I have to run 2 Cat 8.1 from the Optic Fiber Router

in the basement 1 for my ASUS Router and 1 for the 1st NOKIA WIFI Beacon 1 (the other is pure WIFI and can be placed like a ordinary repeater)

Cabling is no problem as the ASUS Router are placed close to the PC which are hardwired.And I can place the 1st NOKIA WIFI Beacon, which needs a cable, in one end of the house covering part of the garden, ASUS Router are

placed in the mid of the house, and I plan to place the 2nd NOKIA WIFI Beacon in the opposite end of the house covering part of the front yard. That solution will cover everything, and I can install all the cameras I feel is necessary.

BUT

Basement Optic fiber WIFI router has its own WIFI network SSID, the 2 NOKIA WIFI Beacons has it's own WIFI network SSID and my ASUS Router has its own WIFI network SSID - So 3 different SSID I now have to unify all 3 and setup a Bridge/Mesh network of 3 different brands of gear - How do I do this the right way the first time ???

I recon all 3 WIFI has to have the same SSID and password

All 3 setups has to use separate channels (Using WIFI Analyzer APP for finding best channels)

All 3 setups has to have same Channel bandwidth

(This goes for both 2.4 &5GHz)

Is this correct ???

And now I am stuck, how to setup Bridge/Mesh ???

My hardware

Icotera i5801-01 (Basement Fiber Optic WIFI Router)

2 x NOKIA WIFI Beacon 1

ASUS WIFI Router RT-AC68U

All cables will be Cat 8.1 because then I don't have to change cables in the near future, and the price is not that much higher from Cat 7 to Cat 8.1

My internet speed is 500/500 MBit and my ISP really supply that speed consistently, and I live very close to an Apple server farm, so my electric power is spot on

Sorry if some of my explanation is confusing, I read/speak and understand english quite good, but I am from Denmark, so bare with me :) 

Hope some kind soul can help me and communicate in a form I can understand.

Also some people might disagree with the "Choice" of hardware or cables, but remember the only thing I have chosen is the ASUS Router, the rest was supplied by my ISP take it or leave it deal, and

who can say no to "Free" hardware to extend your WIFI.

7 minutes ago, AIO H110I cool Dude said:

All cables will be Cat 8.1 because then I don't have to change cables in the near future, and the price is not that much higher from Cat 7 to Cat 8.1

Just get cat 6, will do 10gbe fine, and cat 8 is way overkill. If you want futureproof, run conduit.

Id setup their box in bridge mode, and forget their wifi pods. Can you fully control their wifi pods, or are they tied to their router?

Then use your rouer just like you did last time. 

Though I like the simplicity in "Electronic Wizardy's" suggestion, I had hope for a more elaborate plan of attack, make no mistake "Electronic Wizardy's" suggestion 

will work. But I kinda wanted the extra POWAH and range the 2 x NOKIA Beacons 1's would give my netvork, as camera's will cover the front door in the future and some hidden cameras in the house as well, hidden as we know where they are, but an intruder don't.

Any other solutions out there???

Thank you in advance ....

26 minutes ago, AIO H110I cool Dude said:

Any other solutions out there???

Yeah. Put their box in bridge mode. Forget their WiFi pods. Use proper AP's connected to a central router. Generally ISP provided equipment sucks, thats why we dont suggest using it if you can help it. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

Thanks for your advice guys, but I can't bring myself to trash the 2x NOKIA WIFI Beacons, they have an insanely good coverage, and to the setup and other features seems well thought through and advanced.

So if I use my Ikotere router in the basement as an internet access point and turn off the WIFI - Run single wire to my wan port on ASUS router, put the "Base station" of the NOKIA WIFI in a lan port (Both Pods are identical and can serve as main access point). play around til the Bridge/MESH works. amd place the beacons were I intended.

Set your personal view to side and please answer "Can this be done and work ?????" 

I could contact my ISP but their customer support are notoriously bad, thy deliver the speed you ordered rather +10% than -5%. But they have young people manning the support phones without any training, because their replacement of labor ,is so fast the staff never reach any for of training .... I fear my ISP Support, and with good reason.

I know 2 of you clearly stated to trasc the NOKIA Pods, but I just can't, they are too good and deserve to be used.

Please if anyone can set the trashing the NOKIA Pods aside and help me setup an ASUS/NOKIA Pod WIFI network, I will be happy.

Anyone who can help under this ruleset ??? (In all it's glory the NOKIA WIFI Beacon 1 is just a aesthetic pleasing Repeater, nothing else)

823361092_forlinuxtoughnetworkshawks-Copy.thumb.jpg.4a1b512148dff5fc4f43e1df768e7a1e.jpg