Are a Ryzen 5 3600 and RTX 3060 ti enough to run R6: siege at 144 hz 1440

Logan5533

I currently run a 1080p monitor and max graphics settings, and if I uncap the fps, it runs around 200 fps pretty consistently, so I'm looking to upgrade to 1440p so I'm not leaving performance on the table. Would running the same settings at 1440p kill my fps to the point where I cant make 144hz consistently?

Should be able to reach 144fps easily, at least according to this youtube benchmark

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

Just now, Padblaze said:

Why a 1440p monitor for an Esport Game 

because it looks better, why would you go 1080p if you can get 1440p?

1 minute ago, Padblaze said:

Why a 1440p monitor for an Esport Game 

1080p vs 1440p wont effect anything if the monitors have the same good specs

8 minutes ago, Logan5533 said:

I currently run a 1080p monitor and max graphics settings, and if I uncap the fps, it runs around 200 fps pretty consistently, so I'm looking to upgrade to 1440p so I'm not leaving performance on the table. Would running the same settings at 1440p kill my fps to the point where I cant make 144hz consistently?

easily. with a rx 580 on 1080p i get 160 fps so u will easily

4 minutes ago, wolfff said:

because it looks better, why would you go 1080p if you can get 1440p?

This is kind of my thought process. I don't think I would get a whole lot of benefit going from 144hz to 240 hz, and I want to use my system to it's potential, so this is what I've been thinking. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in actual gameplay quality, but if I can, why not. Plus, as far as thermals go (which I know is not exactly related to performance) I haven't even really scratched the surface for my gpu, as even after long gaming sessions, I only see it get up to the low 50 degree C mark.

1 minute ago, Logan5533 said:

This is kind of my thought process. I don't think I would get a whole lot of benefit going from 144hz to 240 hz, and I want to use my system to it's potential, so this is what I've been thinking. I know it doesn't make a whole lot of difference in actual gameplay quality, but if I can, why not.

sure 240 hz is nice but unless youre some sort of super human esports pro league player you only need 144hz with free or gsync to be comfy.

get 1440p bro i am doing the same it is so nice.

2 minutes ago, wolfff said:

sure 240 hz is nice but unless youre some sort of super human esports pro league player you only need 144hz with free or gsync to be comfy.

get 1440p bro i am doing the same it is so nice.

Yeah, trust me, I do perfectly bad with 144, and I am definitely not limited by my hardware lol, I just want the best/nicest looking gaming experience I can get with my current hardware